Cryoshell

Sam Man Nuva

I'm going to start this off by saying that I literally haven't posted on here for probably about four years or so, and I haven't thought much about Bionicle since it ended. I'm in college now, and have pretty much moved on from that part of my life. A few months ago, however, I for some reason started thinking about the music of Bionicle again, and started seeking out some of the songs on #######. When I listened to "Creeping in my Soul" and "Closer to the Truth" again for the first time in years, I have to admit I was taken aback by how good both of those songs were. They were actually much better than I remembered them being. Part of this is that I was now listening to the album version of "Creeping in my Soul," which is actually much improved over the Bionicle version. I then started listening to other tracks off of Cryoshell's debut album, and they continued to impress me with just how good they were. On a whim I decided to buy the digital version of the album from Amazon.I've had the album for several months now and I can't stop listening to these songs. I actually don't even associate them with Bionicle anymore; it's clear to me that Cryoshell is a band that can stand up on its own, without any license. I created this thread just to say that if you've heard the Cryoshell songs made for Bionicle, but haven't heard their other songs, you owe it to yourself to check them out. The best songs on the album aren't even the most well-known ones. "Trigger," "Feed," and "The Room" are a few standouts in my mind. Honestly, the music Cryoshell makes is as good as almost anything else on my iPod, and I really think they need a lot more exposure than they're getting. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this band?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

I have had a pretty similar experience. I've always liked their songs and I finally got around to buying the album download a couple of years ago. I don't particularly like contemporary music, and Cryoshell has composed music that sounds good. While many other bands focus on the instruments rather than the actual composition, I believe that Cryoshell just puts in more effort on the composition, which is something I really like. Although I might regret saying this, but these are the songs I practiced on to sing falsetto and now I can sing the same voice range as Mrs. Lorentzen. :PMy favorite song is probably the acoustic version of Trigger, which unfortunately isn't available for download. My second favorite is probably Come to my Heaven.

Edited by Zorrakh
  • Upvote 1

I love Cryoshell. Every one of there songs is awesome. I can't wait for the full version of Breakout. The song they used in the credits of the Breakout episodes of Hero Factory

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Yeah, when are they releasing the full version of Breakout? I really liked what I heard during the credits of that Hero Factory.I love Cryoshell, and it seems like they keep getting better with each song. Kinda wish I get a physical CD copy of their first album though, I like having those.

• Upvote 1
rahkshi_symbol.png

I love Crysoshell, and I always have since Creeping in My soul. to me, their songs were the representation of BIONICLE. The song "Falling" to me is the unofficial 2010/2001-2010 song. I just heard the preview for "Breakout" for Hero Factory, and it sounds good, even though the original artist is not singing it :P-Star

Edited by Starparu
  • Upvote 1

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

I love Crysoshell, and I always have since Creeping in My soul. to me, their songs were the representation of BIONICLE. The song "Falling" to me is the unofficial 2010/2001-2010 song. I just heard the preview for "Breakout" for Hero Factory, and it sounds good, even though the original artist is not singing it :P-Star
I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave (or at least, was when that song was being recorded). Being a parent means that she will probably have much less time for the band, but she can't be faulted for that. In the meantime, it's not the first song she hasn't been a part of by any means-- Face Me and Gravity Hurts both featured different vocalists.
  • Upvote 1

"Breakout" sounds like it'll be a pretty good song, but I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that they're now doing songs for Hero Factory. When they came out with their debut album, I kind of thought that they were going to break away from doing songs for toy companies and start completely doing their own thing. In my opinion, Cryoshell is good enough that they could be playing on the radio and doing tours. No disrespect to Hero Factory or LEGO in general, but I really hope that Cryoshell makes a name for itself outside of the brand.

• Upvote 1

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

"Breakout" sounds like it'll be a pretty good song, but I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that they're now doing songs for Hero Factory. When they came out with their debut album, I kind of thought that they were going to break away from doing songs for toy companies and start completely doing their own thing. In my opinion, Cryoshell is good enough that they could be playing on the radio and doing tours. No disrespect to Hero Factory or LEGO in general, but I really hope that Cryoshell makes a name for itself outside of the brand.
Keep in mind that until they start becoming internationally-known for other reasons besides their partnership with LEGO, that's not a partnership they're going to want to let go of. LEGO perhaps has the greatest international profile of any Danish company, and until Cryoshell is up on its feet enough to release new albums regularly or even start touring, then promotional partnerships are perhaps their best way of getting their name out.There's no reason to think that they'll never stop doing music for LEGO, but in the meantime they ought to make the best of what professional connections they already have.
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind that until they start becoming internationally-known for other reasons besides their partnership with LEGO, that's not a partnership they're going to want to let go of. LEGO perhaps has the greatest international profile of any Danish company, and until Cryoshell is up on its feet enough to release new albums regularly or even start touring, then promotional partnerships are perhaps their best way of getting their name out.There's no reason to think that they'll never stop doing music for LEGO, but in the meantime they ought to make the best of what professional connections they already have.
Okay, I see your point. I guess I just want them to be more well-known to people who aren't necessarily into LEGO, but I agree that the partnership is the best way for them to get their name out in the meantime. But one thing we can do, as fans of their music, is start trying to spread knowledge of the band through word of mouth.
  • Upvote 1

I kind of liked Creeping in My Heart, but personally my favorite Bionicle music is still the MNOG and MNOG II background music and Nathaniel Furst's soundtracks from the first three movies. :P
That's totally fine, the MNOG soundtracks are really cool and I've always been a fan of Nathan Furst's score. Cryoshell is really in a totally different category, though, being rock music as opposed to a soundtrack. I actually used to not care for Creeping in my Soul, but changed my mind completely after I rediscovered Cryoshell a few months ago. Honestly though, my favorite songs by them are ones that weren't written for Bionicle. Edited by Sam Man Nuva

• 2 weeks later...
...On a whim I decided to buy the digital version of the album from Amazon.I've had the album for several months now and I can't stop listening to these songs.
I have to say I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I haven't been here on BZP for years until recently, and I'm headed off to college in January. But I always loved Cryoshell music and vowed that one day I'd buy the CD. (Speaking of which, is there any way to get a physical copy of the CD in the U.S? Or do I have to download it?) I haven't gotten it yet, but your post may be just the motivation I need.
While many other bands focus on the instruments rather than the actual composition, I believe that Cryoshell just puts in more effort on the composition, which is something I really like.
What exactly do you mean by this?
I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave...
What?? !!! hahaha.... I'm wondering where you guys are getting all your info on the band. I was suscribed to them on [a video sharing site], and I think I liked their page on [a social networking site], but I haven't heard anything from them for years. She's pregnant? There doing work for HF now? I would very much like to know where you guys get your information... :) Edited by Toa Fuffuloo

The first Toa of Cereal

...On a whim I decided to buy the digital version of the album from Amazon.I've had the album for several months now and I can't stop listening to these songs.
I have to say I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I haven't been here on BZP for years until recently, and I'm headed off to college in January. But I always loved Cryoshell music and vowed that one day I'd buy the CD. (Speaking of which, is there any way to get a physical copy of the CD in the U.S? Or do I have to download it?) I haven't gotten it yet, but your post may be just the motivation I need.
While many other bands focus on the instruments rather than the actual composition, I believe that Cryoshell just puts in more effort on the composition, which is something I really like.
I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave...
What?? !!! hahaha.... I'm wondering where you guys are getting all your info on the band. I was suscribed to them on [a site], and I think I liked their page on [another site], but I haven't heard anything from them for years. She's pregnant? There doing work for HF now? I would very much like to know where you guys get your information... :)
She is pregnant according to Cryoshell's Wikipedia page (which I guess you can take with a grain of salt, but I don't have any reason to believe that isn't true). Also, you may be able to order their CD through Amazon.com. It'll be difficult to find it in stores, but you can check.EDIT: It should also be noted that while you can order the physical CD, it is more expensive than paying for the download. I would recommend simply downloading it and burning it to a blank CD if you want to have a physical copy of it. It's up to you, though. I know some people like to have the actual CD. Edited by Sam Man Nuva

EDIT: It should also be noted that while you can order the physical CD, it is more expensive than paying for the download. I would recommend simply downloading it and burning it to a blank CD if you want to have a physical copy of it. It's up to you, though. I know some people like to have the actual CD.
Some people like to be able to listen to the music in lossless format, which the CD holds. Lossy formats (like the digital downloads) yield far less quality than the CD/lossless. I think that in today's music industry, audiophiles are the main ones buying physical CDs. Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I was lucky enough to be one of the winners of the autographed albums that BZP gave away a while back. A few weeks later, it arrived in the mail, and I listened to the songs. It's not what I'd call my favorite genre, but the music wasn't bad.The coolest part is actually having a signed album. It's like owning a small fraction of a tangent of BIONICLE history; I love it.

Edited by Charles J. Guiteau

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

For me it's more about obtaining it as a collectible. I like to say I have an actual copy with the cover art, lyric book, etc....
Okay, I understand that. If the price is the same I prefer the CD as well, but if it's significantly cheaper to download I usually just do that. I end up listening to most of my music on my computer or iPod anyway, and I like being able to buy music and listen to it immediately.
I was lucky enough to be one of the winners of the autographed albums that BZP gave away a while back. A few weeks later, it arrived in the mail, and I listened to the songs. It's not what I'd call my favorite genre, but the music wasn't bad.The coolest part is actually having a signed album. It's like owning a small fraction of a tangent of BIONICLE history; I love it.
That's really cool! I haven't heard of this before. Whose signatures are on the album?

That's really cool! I haven't heard of this before. Whose signatures are on the album?
There are three, but they're hard to make out. I'm pretty sure one of them's Christine Lorentzen's, but as for the other two, I really have no idea. One of them might be Mikkel Maltha, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

No way!! That's freaking awesome!!! I don't even remember this contest..... I'm so jealous, but congratulations!!!! Edited by Toa Fuffuloo

The first Toa of Cereal

I've got Closer to the Truth, Bye-Bye Babylon, Creeping in My Soul, and Gravity Hurts on my iPod. Altogether, I wholeheartedly agree with your assesment.:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Cryoshell also wrote Breakout, which was the end credits of the Hero Factory episode Breakout.
I'm not a fan of Hero Factory but I have heard the 30 second clip of that song on #######, and it seems pretty decent. I can't really make a judgment on that one until I hear the full song, though. Hopefully Breakout will be the first of several new songs that will end up being a second album.EDIT: I really don't know why this site censors the name of that website. Edited by -Windrider-

BZP censors the name of the site because it was determined that some content could be unappropiate to children, which is the main target of the site, and so BZP wasn't associate with unappropiate content by parents. I know it seems too much, but some parents are... well. Simply are :POn topic: If anyone is looking for the CryoShell CD, you can still buy it in case you're on the EU from some sites. It can be quite expensive though. I can't remember if Amazon has stock of the real one.Having said that, it's great to see that Cryoshell is still alive and they've searched for a singer while Lore can't come back. I also hope tthe song will be like former promo LEGO songs free to download :P

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

There are three, but they're hard to make out. I'm pretty sure one of them's Christine Lorentzen's, but as for the other two, I really have no idea. One of them might be Mikkel Maltha, though.
I was lucky enough to get one too, via BBCC, and I'd love to figure out who signed it. Is there any record at all?

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

If you listen to music of today, you'll hear that there's not much there in terms of notes and interaction between instruments, as well as a lack of energy. But Cryoshell seems to have more going on in those terms, at least compared to, say, contemporary rock.

I always liked the Bionicle songs that Cyroshell released, but I never listened to any of their other music. Actually, this thread has encouraged me to that that now!-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I love Cryoshell. I have most of their music on my iPod, with the exception of their debut album, which I don't think is available here in the states. At least, it wasn't last time I checked.And I agree that some of the stuff they've done since Bionicle is some of their best work. In particular I love The Room and Falling. But I still love their Bionicle work, and hope they cover Gravity Hurts (which wasn't technically done by the full band) in a later album.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm trying to find a version of Closer to the Truth heard in a promotional video a while ago. I have no luck finding it and I hope someone has it saved or something.http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=301680&st=0This is the original topic, warning it's on the old forums so you will get signed off if you click that link. But can anyone help me?

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I'm trying to find a version of Closer to the Truth heard in a promotional video a while ago. I have no luck finding it and I hope someone has it saved or something.http://www.bzpower.c...pic=301680&st=0This is the original topic, warning it's on the old forums so you will get signed off if you click that link. But can anyone help me?
If you Google "Closer to the Truth video Cryoshell" the first hit should be the official music video for the song. Also, if you go to Bionicle.com and click on "Downloads," then "MP3s," Closer to the Truth is one of the free MP3s you can download. Does that help you? Edited by Sam Man Nuva

I'm trying to find a version of Closer to the Truth heard in a promotional video a while ago. I have no luck finding it and I hope someone has it saved or something.http://www.bzpower.c...pic=301680&st=0This is the original topic, warning it's on the old forums so you will get signed off if you click that link. But can anyone help me?
If you Google "Closer to the Truth video Cryoshell" the first hit should be the official music video for the song. Also, if you go to Bionicle.com and click on "Downloads," then "MP3s," Closer to the Truth is one of the free MP3s you can download. Does that help you?
That's not the version I'm looking for. I'm looking for an instrumental, it's a demo version of the song with a different guitar riff and a different piano without any vocals.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

All I have is the Creeping In My Soul EP, which I still enjoy listening to on occasion. The music is cool, even if the lyrics are a bit lacking in some areas. Falling would have made a real good Bionicle theme I think, and Murky is probably the best song I've heard them do. Mayhaps I should buy the album songs that aren't on the EP. Mayhaps...

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Does anyone knows if threre is a stated release date for the song Breakout by Cryoshell?I like the prevriew of the song at the end of the Breakout episodes of HF and I was wondering when will we get the full song?Also, what do you think about this song ? Do you think it sounds great?Edit: Topic merged with the existing Cryoshell topic. :>-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.