Cryoshell

Sam Man Nuva

• 4 weeks later...
I can't wait for the new album to come out. Does anyone still listen to "Hero" and "Caught in a Dream"? I listened to them again and it sounded like they were by the same artists who did "Gravity Hurts" and "Face Me" but I may be wrong.
I still listen to Hero and Caught in a Dream once in a while, especially Hero, but they are made by other artists.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I love Crysoshell, and I always have since Creeping in My soul. to me, their songs were the representation of BIONICLE. The song "Falling" to me is the unofficial 2010/2001-2010 song. I just heard the preview for "Breakout" for Hero Factory, and it sounds good, even though the original artist is not singing it :P-Star

I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave (or at least, was when that song was being recorded). Being a parent means that she will probably have much less time for the band, but she can't be faulted for that. In the meantime, it's not the first song she hasn't been a part of by any means-- Face Me and Gravity Hurts both featured different vocalists.

Wasn't Gravity Hurts done by Phantoka? Or was that the name of the album?

iwRQGDg.jpg

I love Crysoshell, and I always have since Creeping in My soul. to me, their songs were the representation of BIONICLE. The song "Falling" to me is the unofficial 2010/2001-2010 song. I just heard the preview for "Breakout" for Hero Factory, and it sounds good, even though the original artist is not singing it :P-Star

I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave (or at least, was when that song was being recorded). Being a parent means that she will probably have much less time for the band, but she can't be faulted for that. In the meantime, it's not the first song she hasn't been a part of by any means-- Face Me and Gravity Hurts both featured different vocalists.

"Phantoka" was the name of the album if you downloaded it from LEGO.com. "Gravity Hurts" was sung by Niels Brinck, the same singer who performed "Face Me".

I wouldn't consider myself a Cryoshell fan, but I do like some of their songs, including Gravity Hurts and Creeping In My Soul.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I believe Christine Lorentzen is still on maternity leave...

What?? :)

Well, if you like the page on said networking site, you obviously haven't been on it for some time. I, too, like the (official) page for the band, and it has been discussed many times.

Now, Lore said about 2 years back, I believe, that she was pregnant. Although, if I'm not mistaken, it was a band member that dropped the bomb about it, and jokingly asked if we knew any singers who could take her place (which got some people on BZP and BS01 a little riled up).

Nonetheless, she's had the baby and is raising it. The fan page gets news from them every now and then and they said something recently about writing another song, I believe.

And to touch on the last point; yes, they are technically writing for Hero Factory. One song, titled Breakout, was featured in the ending credits, but it was only a short sample, and we have yet to get the full song (despite the 25 second sample coming out a month before the Breakout episodes). That song features a winner from the Danish X-Factor as the vocalist while Lore is away. She will be returning, however.

Also, keep in mind that the video site's page hasn't been updated in quite a while, nor has their official website.

~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

While many other bands focus on the instruments rather than the actual composition, I believe that Cryoshell just puts in more effort on the composition, which is something I really like.

What exactly do you mean by this?

If you listen to music of today, you'll hear that there's not much there in terms of notes and interaction between instruments, as well as a lack of energy. But Cryoshell seems to have more going on in those terms, at least compared to, say, contemporary rock.

I'd be interested to know what music you listen to for you to come up with that generalization.

I actually preferred the less processed versions of "Creeping in My Soul" and "Closer to the Truth," to the EP versions. I didn't like the filter they put on Lore's voice.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Breakout really sounds great. The violins and instrumentation in general sounds really sweet. Now if only we had the lyrics. :P

EDIT: I wrote out (what I think are) the lyrics below, they aren't 100% correct most likely but oh well. I'm open to criticism.

Who are they to patronize?Who is gonna sympathize?COME ON!Cries are caving in the skies.Walls prepare to paralyse the pain.Machines began to mobilize.A systematic override.COME ON!The temperature begins to riseImpossible to feel.(Chorus)BREAKOUT.Acceleration of fear.BREAKOUT.from screams that no one can hear.BREAKOUT.Acceleration of fear.BREAKOUT.from screams that no one can hear.(instrumental break)I scout for phantoms in the night.The mercy game of wrong and right.COME ON.I calculate the sound of fright.Someone's gonna pay.(Chorus)BREAKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.WORKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.(instrumental break)Away!Breakaway, Breakaway, Breakaway!(x2)BREAKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.WORKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.BREAKOUT

Edited by Creep Of The Deep

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I would buy Breakout, except I have no money on iTunes. I'll get it elsewhere.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Breakout is really great! The hook is really catchy too. They seem to be getting better and better. Just correcting some of Creep of the Deep's lyrics (I still have probably missed some bits)

Who'd I beg to patronize?

Who are they to patronize?

Cries that cave in in the skies.Must be made to paralyse the pain.

Cries are caving in the skies. Walls prepare to paralyse the pain. They might not be right (not sure about the last one) Edited by Fallen Silence

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

Breakout really sounds great. The violins and instrumentation in general sounds really sweet. Now if only we had the lyrics. :P

EDIT: I wrote out (what I think are) the lyrics below, they aren't 100% correct most likely but oh well. I'm open to criticism.

Who'd I beg to patronize?Who is gonna sympathize?COME ON!Cries that cave in in the skies.Must be made to paralyse the pain.Machines began to mobilize.A systematic override.COME ON!The temperature begins to riseImpossible to feel.(Chorus)BREAKOUT.Acceleration of fear.BREAKOUT.from screams that no one can hear.BREAKOUT.Acceleration of fear.BREAKOUT.from screams that no one can hear.(instrumental break)I scout for phantoms in the night.The mercy game of wrong and right.COME ON.I calculate the sound of fright.Someone's gonna pay.(Chorus)BREAKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.WORKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.(instrumental break)Away!Breakaway, Breakaway, Breakaway!(x2)BREAKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.WORKOUTAcceleration of fear.BREAKOUTfrom screams that no one can hear.BREAKOUT

Thanks for the lyrics, they're pretty helpful. :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Breakout is really great! The hook is really catchy too. They seem to be getting better and better. Just correcting some of Creep of the Deep's lyrics (I still have probably missed some bits)

Who'd I beg to patronize?

Who are they to patronize?

Cries that cave in in the skies.Must be made to paralyse the pain.

Cries are caving in the skies. Walls prepare to paralyse the pain.They might not be right (not sure about the last one)

Hm... They do seem correct. I'll edit my lyrics with that, thanks!I really wish they released official lyrics. :P

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

I'm pretty sure the lyrics actually say "it's an irrational fear" and not "acceleration of fear".Great song, although I kind of miss something like a climax. Still, very catchy and I'm very excited for Gravity Hurts. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm very excited for Gravity Hurts. :)-Gata signoff.png

This so much. I cant wait for it. One of my favorite songs ever, although I wonder what will be changed. I really liked the guy that sung that and face me. Niels Brink(Or something like that). I was really excited to see his solo work but it clear caters to the mainstream audience in a bad way

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

"Phantoka" was the name of the album if you downloaded it from LEGO.com. "Gravity Hurts" was sung by Niels Brinck, the same singer who performed "Face Me".

Ah, yes. Derp.

iwRQGDg.jpg

That's awesome. It'd be cool to see how much it took to Photoshop that. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Why would Christian Faber need Photoshop when he could just command Lewa Nuva to manipulate global weather patterns for a satellite photo? :PI haven't downloaded the song yet, but I really should... part of me wants to see if it's released as part of a larger EP, though.

Why would Christian Faber need Photoshop when he could just command Lewa Nuva to manipulate global weather patterns for a satellite photo? :PI haven't downloaded the song yet, but I really should... part of me wants to see if it's released as part of a larger EP, though.

I doubt it would be. It just doesn't seem like something they'd do, and if they did, it'd probably be available as a CD, which is also unlikely.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well I just listened to the full version of "Breakout" for the first time. Pretty good, but I honestly don't like it quite as much as most of the songs on their first album. It's lost a bit of the hard rock sound that I love Cryoshell for, and I worry that it's crossing over into pop music. The distorted guitars were still there but not featured as much. Also, as similar as their voices are, I still prefer Christine Lore over Tine Mitgaard; it's a subtle difference, but it's definitely there.

I still enjoyed it, however, and it might grow on me more. I'm still looking forward to the new version of Gravity Hurts.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

Also, as similar as their voices are, I still prefer Christine Lore over Tine Mitgaard; it's a subtle difference, but it's definitely there.

Same here. Tine's still really good, but I do have a slight preference for Christine. Does anyone when she's coming back, assuming she plans to at all?

toakopaka.png

Also, as similar as their voices are, I still prefer Christine Lore over Tine Mitgaard; it's a subtle difference, but it's definitely there.

Same here. Tine's still really good, but I do have a slight preference for Christine. Does anyone when she's coming back, assuming she plans to at all?

She's in maternity leave. She's supposed to return when the baby has grown enough so I'll give it a few months until she returns.

She's in maternity leave. She's supposed to return when the baby has grown enough so I'll give it a few months until she returns.

If I'm not mistaken, she's already been gone for a year and then some, right?

iwRQGDg.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, she's already been gone for a year and then some, right?

Well maternity leaves usually last around 50 weeks or so. I have no clue when she left. But most likely she has a few months left.

The lyrics to Breakout sound I don't know...kind of generic, to me? Like there's nothing specific to color them.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.