• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Cryoshell

Cryoshell

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 Offline mistergryphon

mistergryphon
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 29-November 12
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 14 2012 - 11:48 PM

Also, as similar as their voices are, I still prefer Christine Lore over Tine Mitgaard; it's a subtle difference, but it's definitely there.

Same here. Tine's still really good, but I do have a slight preference for Christine. Does anyone when she's coming back, assuming she plans to at all?

She's in maternity leave. She's supposed to return when the baby has grown enough so I'll give it a few months until she returns.

If I'm not mistaken, she's already been gone for a year and then some, right?

Well maternity leaves usually last around 50 weeks or so. I have no clue when she left. But most likely she has a few months left.

Ah, I see. My mind percieves time as going faster than it does, I guess....

iwRQGDg.jpg

#82 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,541 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have Bye Bye Babylon on my phone.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#83 Offline Sam Man Nuva

Sam Man Nuva
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 14-July 05
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:45 AM

I actually really like the Gravity Hurts remake, in some ways more than the original song. With Breakout I was a bit worried they were going to much in a techno direction (though that song has grown on me), but Gravity Hurts assured me that they haven't lost their edge. The guitar riff is more prominent and better composed than that of the original version. 

I also kind of liked the change to "battle is all in your mind." It's an interesting idea, and it helps to separate this song from Bionicle. 

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

#84 Offline Kaxix

Kaxix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Surrender or Run

• 13-March 06
  • 8,628 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 12:38 PM

The new version of Gravity Hurts sounds more like a single rather than the original one. However I like them both about equally. 

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

#85 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 28-June 12
  • 1,370 posts

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 12:49 PM

I actually really like the Gravity Hurts remake, in some ways more than the original song. With Breakout I was a bit worried they were going to much in a techno direction (though that song has grown on me), but Gravity Hurts assured me that they haven't lost their edge. The guitar riff is more prominent and better composed than that of the original version. 

I also kind of liked the change to "battle is all in your mind." It's an interesting idea, and it helps to separate this song from Bionicle. 

I dont get what its saying. 

Is it saying that you dont need physical strength to win a battle and only mental?

#86 Offline Sam Man Nuva

Sam Man Nuva
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 14-July 05
  • 442 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 01:06 PM

I dont get what its saying. 

Is it saying that you dont need physical strength to win a battle and only mental?

I sort of thought it meant that there is no literal battle, and that it's all imagined. But I like that idea too. It's one of those lyrics that's open for interpretation. I think that it makes the song more interesting than the rather straightforward lyrics of the original version.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

#87 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 06-April 10
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 02:50 PM

I found the instrumentation of this new version paling in comparison to the original. And the change is sort of unneeded.

Surprised that this isn't on iTunes.

#88 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-January 07
  • 594 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 04:40 PM

Its a great version of the original song. I'm kinda torn between which on I like better. Though the original is more set in my mind than the new one.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

#89 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 04-September 09
  • 393 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2013 - 11:00 PM

I love Cryoshell's songs, including their new song, Breakout.

Edited by Lenny7092, Jan 08 2013 - 11:01 PM.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#90 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,239 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:02 AM

I found the instrumentation of this new version paling in comparison to the original. And the change is sort of unneeded.

I kind of agree. Part of what I love about Cryoshell is how complex the instrumentation is. This felt just like generic rock. The vocals were still good, although I too am wondering what prompted the lyrical changes.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#91 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 28-June 12
  • 1,370 posts

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 11:33 AM

I kind of agree. Part of what I love about Cryoshell is how complex the instrumentation is. This felt just like generic rock. The vocals were still good, although I too am wondering what prompted the lyrical changes.

It was too corny.

#92 Offline Night Terror

Night Terror

• 14-October 06
  • 1,669 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 07:52 AM

I just got the new song! It's so cool! These guys need more exposure. The're all 100 percent better than anything on the radio.

Not to take away their own merits, I believe that's not really difficult :P

So Gravity Hurts is "there".

For freedom we riiiiise... *nostalgia*

Nothing is truePosted ImageEverything is permitted

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

#93 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,133 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 02:11 PM

[color=#990000;]The new song is quite good, I like it more than the old version. I love that deep guitar they use. ^_^[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#94 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

• 06-April 10
  • 1,666 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 02:52 PM

Here's the song in MP3 format, 320 kbps. If anyone has a heart attack and think's that I'm doing something horribly illegal, keep in mind that a device used to record audio from videos is no different than a TiVo used to record a TV show.

I also have the original audio file in the uploaded video's native audio format (.m4a). If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

When/if this song becomes available on iTunes, I will promptly take this link down.

#95 Offline Toa TAK

Toa TAK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 17-October 06
  • 4,800 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 03:07 PM

[color=#0000cd;]I love the new Gravity Hurts! I don't think it trumps the original, but it's equal for me. Glad they've got new content up. Now if they could get it up on iTunes ASAP![/color]

[color=#0000cd;]TAK[/color]

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

#96 Offline Night Terror

Night Terror

• 14-October 06
  • 1,669 posts

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 05:36 PM

Agreed. And Nightmare? It's all about Talim, baby! ;)

Too bad I used to use her as a training doll (until I found out she was too small to train properly) :P

Nah, I miss her and Zasalamel, actually!

Back to the topic! I do like the new version, a LOT. BUT. I feel that getting rid of the piano and the strings in this song wasn't a really good decision. They should have tried to implement them a bit in the right spots so it could be a truly amazing version. I'm also not sure if they changed anything beyond the "and you're mine" verse.

Nothing is truePosted ImageEverything is permitted

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

#97 Offline Takuma Nuva

Takuma Nuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 27-February 07
  • 1,096 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 09:58 PM

[color=#000066;][font="Garamond;"]Much as I love Cryoshell's music, I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought Lore's voice was great. But this Tine Midtgaard person.... I'm not digging it.She's not bad, don't get me wrong. But I prefer Lore's vocals by a hefty margin.Breakout is good and I don't mind Tine too much in it. But Gravity Hurts has always been one of my favorite songs. I'd have rather waited until Lore comes back to get a new version of that one.[/color][/font]

[color=#000066;][font="Garamond;"][color=#660000;]Takuma Nuva[/color][/color][/font]

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

#98 Offline Toa TAK

Toa TAK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 17-October 06
  • 4,800 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2013 - 11:33 PM

[color=#000066;][font="Garamond;"]She's not bad, don't get me wrong. But I prefer Lore's vocals by a hefty margin.Breakout is good and I don't mind Tine too much in it. But Gravity Hurts has always been one of my favorite songs. I'd have rather waited until Lore comes back to get a new version of that one.[/color][/font] 

[color=#000066;][font="Garamond;"][color=#660000;]Takuma Nuva[/color][/color][/font]

[color=#0000cd;]I agree. I like Tine a lot, but I would've loved to have heard Lore do Gravity Hurts. Ever since they announced it I've been waiting for that, but then she got preggo and this happened. :( [/color]

I'm also not sure if they changed anything beyond the "and you're mine" verse.

[color=#0000cd;]I think it's "Battle is all in your mind."[/color]

rsz_1onua1024.png

#99 Offline Takatu

Takatu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 28-July 03
  • 2,586 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2013 - 12:02 PM

[color=#ff0000;]I really like Tine, I think she sounds great and I love the new version of Gravity Hurts, but I also prefer Lore. Something about her voice pulled me in almost right away way back in early 07.[/color]

Posted Image

#100 Offline Akaku94

Akaku94
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 16-December 09
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 14 2013 - 03:54 PM

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I prefer the original version of Gravity Hurts more.  Niels Brinck's vocals are superior in my opinion (so probably not a coincidence that "Face Me" is another favorite of mine!), though I do admit the instrumentation is quite good.  Someone with better audio skills than I do needs to put Niels' vocals over the new instrumental.  It would be incredible!

I still got chills when the first chorus kicked in.  Even in a new version, Gravity Hurts is one of the best; and that's coming from someone that's been with Bionicle since the start.

#101 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 20-March 06
  • 482 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 03:04 AM

Lyrics are still too corny for my taste :/
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#102 Offline Zuunu

Zuunu
  • Seeker

• 12-January 09
  • 249 posts

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 03:00 PM

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I prefer the original version of Gravity Hurts more.  Niels Brinck's vocals are superior in my opinion (so probably not a coincidence that "Face Me" is another favorite of mine!), though I do admit the instrumentation is quite good.  Someone with better audio skills than I do needs to put Niels' vocals over the new instrumental.  It would be incredible!

I'll have to agree with you there on that first statement. And also the second. Aaaaaaand also the third.

Actually, it's kinda the case that there might be a small 100% chance that I totally and utterly agree with you there.

Maybe.

Anyway, how about I un-lazy for once and actually look for intrumental and acapella downloads of both songs, so I can mash 'em together a bit. =)

Would be even more awesome if I could find the tracks for the individual instruments, but that's most likely not going to happen, unless anyone here happens to know a link.

Oh, and am I the only one that really wants to see what would happen if Cryoshell were to make an album with Machinae Supremacy? [/fanboy]

"The rumours of my signature have been greatly exaggerated."

#103 Offline Toa TAK

Toa TAK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 17-October 06
  • 4,800 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2013 - 11:48 PM

Lyrics are still too corny for my taste :/

[color=#0000cd;]Hopefully, they'll mature in time.[/color]

rsz_1onua1024.png

#104 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 16-February 13
  • 2,148 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 08:14 PM

First time I remembered listening to their songs was from the TLR disk. Didn't really like it, but now I listen to the songs for nostalgia's sake. Not bad, actually.

#105 Online Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-October 11
  • 1,156 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 05 2013 - 07:33 AM

Yeah, I have realized something similar recently as well.

I just started listening to Cryoshell albums and was surprised how good they were. 

Has anyone else listened to the new version of Gravity Hurts by them? It's sung by Tine Midtgaard. It has a more alternative rock feel to it than the original and has a few different lines as well.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#106 Offline Fastcar800

Fastcar800
  • Members
  • Toa

• 20-September 12
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 07:43 PM

This is truly one of my favorite bands. Creeping in my Soul and Closer to the Truth are my favorite songs. Closer To The Truth fits well with the past 13 months of my life.

I just love this band. Few people outside of the BIONICLE community know they exist, but they are just amazing. Easily my favorite non-American band. Their music speaks to me in a way that few other bands speak to me. I just can't wait for Christine Lorentzen. Tina Midtgaard is good, just not as good as Lorentzen.

virux4.5-500.jpg

Semi-active As Of 11/20/2013

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users