Cryoshell

Sam Man Nuva

Also, as similar as their voices are, I still prefer Christine Lore over Tine Mitgaard; it's a subtle difference, but it's definitely there.

Same here. Tine's still really good, but I do have a slight preference for Christine. Does anyone when she's coming back, assuming she plans to at all?

She's in maternity leave. She's supposed to return when the baby has grown enough so I'll give it a few months until she returns.

If I'm not mistaken, she's already been gone for a year and then some, right?

Well maternity leaves usually last around 50 weeks or so. I have no clue when she left. But most likely she has a few months left.

Ah, I see. My mind percieves time as going faster than it does, I guess....

iwRQGDg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I actually really like the Gravity Hurts remake, in some ways more than the original song. With Breakout I was a bit worried they were going to much in a techno direction (though that song has grown on me), but Gravity Hurts assured me that they haven't lost their edge. The guitar riff is more prominent and better composed than that of the original version.

I also kind of liked the change to "battle is all in your mind." It's an interesting idea, and it helps to separate this song from Bionicle.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

I actually really like the Gravity Hurts remake, in some ways more than the original song. With Breakout I was a bit worried they were going to much in a techno direction (though that song has grown on me), but Gravity Hurts assured me that they haven't lost their edge. The guitar riff is more prominent and better composed than that of the original version.

I also kind of liked the change to "battle is all in your mind." It's an interesting idea, and it helps to separate this song from Bionicle.

I dont get what its saying.

Is it saying that you dont need physical strength to win a battle and only mental?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I dont get what its saying.

Is it saying that you dont need physical strength to win a battle and only mental?

I sort of thought it meant that there is no literal battle, and that it's all imagined. But I like that idea too. It's one of those lyrics that's open for interpretation. I think that it makes the song more interesting than the rather straightforward lyrics of the original version.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? Cult of personality!

Neon lights, Nobel prize! A leader speaks, that leader dies. You don't have to follow me, only you can set me free...

I found the instrumentation of this new version paling in comparison to the original. And the change is sort of unneeded.

Surprised that this isn't on iTunes.

I kind of agree. Part of what I love about Cryoshell is how complex the instrumentation is. This felt just like generic rock. The vocals were still good, although I too am wondering what prompted the lyrical changes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I found the instrumentation of this new version paling in comparison to the original. And the change is sort of unneeded.

Surprised that this isn't on iTunes.

I kind of agree. Part of what I love about Cryoshell is how complex the instrumentation is. This felt just like generic rock. The vocals were still good, although I too am wondering what prompted the lyrical changes.

It was too corny.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I just got the new song! It's so cool! These guys need more exposure. The're all 100 percent better than anything on the radio.

Not to take away their own merits, I believe that's not really difficult :P

So Gravity Hurts is "there".

For freedom we riiiiise... *nostalgia*

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Here's the song in MP3 format, 320 kbps. If anyone has a heart attack and think's that I'm doing something horribly illegal, keep in mind that a device used to record audio from videos is no different than a TiVo used to record a TV show.

I also have the original audio file in the uploaded video's native audio format (.m4a). If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.

When/if this song becomes available on iTunes, I will promptly take this link down.

Agreed. And Nightmare? It's all about Talim, baby! ;)

Too bad I used to use her as a training doll (until I found out she was too small to train properly) :P

Nah, I miss her and Zasalamel, actually!

Back to the topic! I do like the new version, a LOT. BUT. I feel that getting rid of the piano and the strings in this song wasn't a really good decision. They should have tried to implement them a bit in the right spots so it could be a truly amazing version. I'm also not sure if they changed anything beyond the "and you're mine" verse.

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Much as I love Cryoshell's music, I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought Lore's voice was great. But this Tine Midtgaard person.... I'm not digging it.She's not bad, don't get me wrong. But I prefer Lore's vocals by a hefty margin.Breakout is good and I don't mind Tine too much in it. But Gravity Hurts has always been one of my favorite songs. I'd have rather waited until Lore comes back to get a new version of that one.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

She's not bad, don't get me wrong. But I prefer Lore's vocals by a hefty margin.Breakout is good and I don't mind Tine too much in it. But Gravity Hurts has always been one of my favorite songs. I'd have rather waited until Lore comes back to get a new version of that one.

Takuma Nuva

I agree. I like Tine a lot, but I would've loved to have heard Lore do Gravity Hurts. Ever since they announced it I've been waiting for that, but then she got preggo and this happened. :(

I'm also not sure if they changed anything beyond the "and you're mine" verse.

I think it's "Battle is all in your mind."

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I prefer the original version of Gravity Hurts more. Niels Brinck's vocals are superior in my opinion (so probably not a coincidence that "Face Me" is another favorite of mine!), though I do admit the instrumentation is quite good. Someone with better audio skills than I do needs to put Niels' vocals over the new instrumental. It would be incredible!

I still got chills when the first chorus kicked in. Even in a new version, Gravity Hurts is one of the best; and that's coming from someone that's been with Bionicle since the start.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I prefer the original version of Gravity Hurts more. Niels Brinck's vocals are superior in my opinion (so probably not a coincidence that "Face Me" is another favorite of mine!), though I do admit the instrumentation is quite good. Someone with better audio skills than I do needs to put Niels' vocals over the new instrumental. It would be incredible!

I'll have to agree with you there on that first statement. And also the second. Aaaaaaand also the third.

Actually, it's kinda the case that there might be a small 100% chance that I totally and utterly agree with you there.

Maybe.

Anyway, how about I un-lazy for once and actually look for intrumental and acapella downloads of both songs, so I can mash 'em together a bit. =)

Would be even more awesome if I could find the tracks for the individual instruments, but that's most likely not going to happen, unless anyone here happens to know a link.

Oh, and am I the only one that really wants to see what would happen if Cryoshell were to make an album with Machinae Supremacy? [/fanboy]

iquXD5X.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I have realized something similar recently as well.

I just started listening to Cryoshell albums and was surprised how good they were.

Has anyone else listened to the new version of Gravity Hurts by them? It's sung by Tine Midtgaard. It has a more alternative rock feel to it than the original and has a few different lines as well.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 3 months later...

This is truly one of my favorite bands. Creeping in my Soul and Closer to the Truth are my favorite songs. Closer To The Truth fits well with the past 13 months of my life.

I just love this band. Few people outside of the BIONICLE community know they exist, but they are just amazing. Easily my favorite non-American band. Their music speaks to me in a way that few other bands speak to me. I just can't wait for Christine Lorentzen. Tina Midtgaard is good, just not as good as Lorentzen.

virux4.5-500.jpg