NEW Member Review Topic Rules

Makaru

Hello, you Lego Fans.

I've been getting a lot of requests about letting there be an Official Set Review Topic. I've decided to give that entire thing an amiss. We're gonna do something a little different here.We want to see review topics. Lots of 'em. We want to see new sets. We want to see old sets. We want to hear what you think about your favourite Lego sets. We want to hear what you don't like.Now before you go all post crazy, I want to lay down a couple of guidelines. Some rubrics for your topics, if you will.

• I want to see you craft no less than 200 of your best words into each review. There will be no "lol I think this spiderman set is pretty cool".
  • Pictures! I want five quality pictures of the product you're reviewing. This surplus of 5000 words does not count towards the aforementioned 200 word limit.
  • I would be supremely pleased if you could follow BZP's review format when posting. You can get yourself acquainted by reading this instant classic review.
  • Hero Factory set reviews belong in the Hero Factory Discussion forum. Bionicle set reviews belong in the Bionicle Discussion forum. Everything else belongs here, in the LEGO Discussion forum.

And as always, make sure you're following all of BZPs defacto rules like no spamming, keeping all your images under the 500kb rule (linking them if you can't), etc.I'm going to leave this topic open so you can ask questions, sing praise or tell me just what a terrible idea it is to let people post opinions just, like, everywhere man.

~Makaru

Edited by -Windrider-

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Haha, when I read "200 words" I was worried that was a maximum. I like to ramble... a lot (especially when it comes to things like this). XDI have put up a review in my blog, so maybe I'll put that into a topic (pictures are a bit blurry with that one, though. =/ I could retake some of them, though)

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Somewhat related to the above: What if there is more than one review currently for a certain set? Is there a limit to the number of reviews that can exist for it, provided they are not plagiarized?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

There are currently no limits as to the number of reviews a set can have. Maybe we might implement a freeze on a set if it gets too crowded, like if I'm staring at nothing but Tahu reviews all day?I can't guarantee that is not something that will not change in the future, but I will give you guys lots of notice if we go that route.

Spoiler Alert

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a limit as to how many review topics one can post?
As of right now, no (we want a lot of review topics!), but that may change later; just make sure to follow the guidelines in every review you post (and maybe best to not go crazy, but there's not a limit yet).newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I would be genuinely impressed if you could make a full 200 word, 5 picture review on a keychain.As for limits, I'll worry about possibly reviewing the possibility of limiting the amount of reviews an individual can do when we get an individual with plural reviews, which has not happened yet.

Edited by Johann Gottlieb Naumann

Spoiler Alert

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...