Theme Song For Your Existence

Jean Valjean

:kaukau: We all have that one song. That song that we go back to and listen to with a deep appreciation because it's basically musical shorthand for explaining "This is who I am". It's basically a theme song for our existence.For me, mine is "American Pie". When I first heard it on the radio when I was a preteen, it struck me as the most meaningful song I've ever heard, a story about life, death, and all its ups and downs, joy and sadness, gains and losses. It's a song about the self but also about all the people I live for. This song really contextualizes my sense of who I am, because I've gone on my journey, too. It hasn't been as long as Don McLean's, but I still see my life within the context of a story driven by dreams but held back by tragedies, and I too am a man who is forced to watch the world change around me.There are really no runner-ups, no close second places. This song beats all others in the fashion of an automatic win. "Amazing Grace" and "On Eagle's Wings", both religious songs, contest for second place, and "These Are the Days" by Queen wins me over with how it captures my sadness at the passing of time and the realities of my life that faded into nostalgic memories. "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is a theme for the person I strive to be. But none of them are in the same league as "American Pie".
olympic_rings_icon.png

"Art of Life" by X Japan.Together with "Don't Give a [derp]" by BoA, it changed my life for the better and caused me to seek professional help.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The theme song for 'Arthur', the aardvark. I'm not even kidding, that theme is -me-.

Edited by Aderia

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I'm split between Still Alive, Halls of science 4, Megaman Battle Network 3 Wily Bass Remix, And Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. They make me just zone out from reality and not think at all. It's so amazing.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Take Me Away", by Globus; "Between Raising H**l and Amazing Grace", by Big and Rich; and "You Do Your Thing", by Montgomery Gentry.They all speak to me, weather it be based on religion, my internal conflicts, or the way I was raised.I was raised on Country music, and as I don't really listen to music anymore that is lyrical (Classical, Contemporary Symphonic, and related genres), the songs that helped define who I am are going to be the obvious choices.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Of all the songs I've heard, the one that has ever truly spoken to a relatable experience is Tyrone Wells' Time of Our Lives. Because lets face it, life is full of goodbyes. We graduate high school, then college, then go who knows where until we go somewhere else. Along the way we meet people we become attached to, and are ultimately forced to leave. But the effect we've had on those people, and the effect they've had on us, never ceases to linger. Maybe saying it's a song that speaks to everyone defies the point of attaching it to myself, but I do find it to be a very personal song.I'm aware that you were asking for a song that defines our existence, but this is the closest thing I could find to one. To be frank, I'm way too young to have any song that really defines me, because I haven't had time to define myself yet. So I guess I really just have no answer to your question.If I could chose anything, though, I would chose the Raiders March. I definitely think I should strive to make that my song for existence. :P

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

considering most of the music on my ipod contains no words (but as far as I'm concerned speaks volumes.(I'ts also mostly music from various TF series and or movies.)). i'm not sure. one of the few songs that makes me crack a smile when I hear it is "We have returned" by Brian Tyler. It's differant than most of the music from prime. instead of being a battle theme or downright minor and evil sounding. it sounds solemn. to me it says that there's something bad happening, and you should take the good moments when you can. as I'm a bit of a pessimist at times, (but as far as i'm concerned the glass is twice as big as it needs to be, and is not truly half empty.) that's something I have trouble with. say whatever you want about primes music, I really don't care. but I love that song.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

If I could chose anything, though, I would chose the Raiders March. I definitely think I should strive to make that my song for existence. :P
:kaukau: I once tried to imagine what an orchestral theme for myself would be like, although I never heard something nor could I ever imagine any tune on itself capturing everything I see in myself, even in the complexity of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor and John Williams' Olympic Fanfare. But if anyone could write the perfect leitmotif for me, it would be him.
olympic_rings_icon.png

Edited by Michael Phelps

Well, it would have to be I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper. Not just because I'm eighteen, but every line in it pretty much reflects me at the moment. The whole "I just don't know what I want" and "I gotta get away" thing is pretty fitting. And I also just feel this connection with it, I don't know.I suppose I could also go for Every Day Is Exactly The Same by Nine Inch Nails, but that should change soon.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Cheer up, Brian.... you know what they say:some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble; give a whistle! and this'll help things turn out for the best. And... always look on the bright side of life...

~ CHTrilogy