Collectible Minifigs Discussion

unknown_user2596

I like them all. I sound really boring when I say that I like every single one, but it's true. I think that they are quite unique, the theme has great potential, and the pieces that have been introduced in this theme are quite useful.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think the Minifigures are one of LEGO's best ideas in a long time. They might be a bit pricy, and collecting them can be a hassle what-with the dots/bar codes/feel methods and all, but they're so unique in parts and pieces (for the most part) that they're totally worth it. I absolutely love them and hope LEGO sticks with them for a while.

BZPRPG

I think the Minifigures are one of LEGO's best ideas in a long time. They might be a bit pricy, and collecting them can be a hassle what-with the dots/bar codes/feel methods and all, but they're so unique in parts and pieces (for the most part) that they're totally worth it. I absolutely love them and hope LEGO sticks with them for a while.

I am simply incapable of feeling out the packages. I always say something along these lines:

OH! I feel something big and flat! Oh, that's the stand. >.>

My brothers usually buy some for me, and then send them to me by mail. That's how I get mine.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I love the collectible minifigs. I only have a few from Series 2 and 4, but I hope to get some from 5, maybe 6, and definitely 7. I love the uniqueness of the figures and all the new parts, but I wish they were of the same quality as regular LEGO system pieces.

I have the whole 1st series, I think the whole 2nd series, the whole 3rd series, the majority of the 4th, and some of the 5th. I'd have to ask my brothers to confirm which ones we have and which one we don't.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Official pictures of both Series 6 and 7 are now available on several reputable Lego newsites that BZPower has deemed unfit to mention. My interpretation of BZP's Leaked Image policy is that unless the picture come directly from Lego, they are not allowed here. Therefore I will not be posting the pictures here, though I strongly encourage everyone to seek them out, as they are NOT marked confidential, and are positively stunning. 1000101001 BC 01001010011

Official pictures of both Series 6 and 7 are now available on several reputable Lego newsites that BZPower has deemed unfit to mention. My interpretation of BZP's Leaked Image policy is that unless the picture come directly from Lego, they are not allowed here. Therefore I will not be posting the pictures here, though I strongly encourage everyone to seek them out, as they are NOT marked confidential, and are positively stunning.

This topic (http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=684) posted pics of said series and so far nothing's happened. Looks like the HF 2012 topic got locked down so that topic is going to be locked down as well pretty soon... Edited by unknown_user2596

I had seen the series 6 pictures before, but I certainly didn't expect there to be series 7 pictures yet! I'm really glad LEGO came up with this idea, though. It gives them a chance to make minifigures that don't fit into any of their themes. I think my favorite one of all time is the Gladiator. The only downside to these is that they're a little pricey. They're 4 bucks in Canada!

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

I find $4 rather expensive.

$4 for a collectible minifigure? I've never seen them sold in retail at that high of a price. Usually they are $1.99! Where'd you see that price? :???: Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

$4 for a collectible minifigure? I've never seen them sold in retail at that high of a price. Usually they are $1.99! Where'd you see that price? :???:
The retail price is $2.99.
Oh, sorry. I was looking at the retail price of the older series (1, 2, and 3). Still, where'd you see $4? I've only seen a $4 price tag on a collectible minifigure at a vendor that I stopped at when I was at BrickFair 2011. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

$4 for a collectible minifigure? I've never seen them sold in retail at that high of a price. Usually they are $1.99! Where'd yo see that price? :???:
Oh, sorry. I was looking at the retail price of the older series (1, 2, and 3). Still, where'd you see $4? I've only seen a $4 pricetag on a collectible minifigure at a vendor that I stopped at when I was at BrickFair 2011.
Well, they're actually $3.50, I just rounded the price up to $4.00. And the place where I see them being sold for that much is Toys 'R' Us. They used to be $2.99, but the price was raised.

"Wuh?"

$4 for a collectible minifigure? I've never seen them sold in retail at that high of a price. Usually they are $1.99! Where'd you see that price? :???:
Oh, sorry. I was looking at the retail price of the older series (1, 2, and 3). Still, where'd you see $4? I've only seen a $4 price tag on a collectible minifigure at a vendor that I stopped at when I was at BrickFair 2011.
Well, they're actually $3.50, I just rounded the price up to $4.00. And the place where I see them being sold for that much is Toys 'R' Us. They used to be $2.99, but the price was raised.
LEGO sells them for $1.99 or $2.99, depending on which series. That's odd that Toys "R" Us sells them for that price, because they have it for LEGO's price at my local stores. What series is it that is charged for that price? Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I have all of series 3, 4, and 5. Two from series one, and I hope to get all of the next series. After all this collecting, I still enjoy finding those minifigs. :)

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I would love them to use the exaggerated length legs from Toy Story, and make a tall basketball player. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, I am a huge fan of the Collectible Minifigures. I enjoy customizing my own figs, and getting parts from the CMs is a great way to do so. Plus, so many of the figs are great designs in and of themselves. I guess I'm lucky because a local store usually gets them in stock, so I have ample chance to pick through them and feel out the parts (I'm getting really good at that). However, this has meant that I spend far too much on them. But I am still excited for the new series, and I am glad that Lego came up with this idea. (And also that they made them more availible, as compared to the first two series which were hard to come by.) :music:

Oh, sorry. I was looking at the retail price of the older series (1, 2, and 3). Still, where'd you see $4? I've only seen a $4 price tag on a collectible minifigure at a vendor that I stopped at when I was at BrickFair 2011.
LEGO sells them for $1.99 or $2.99, depending on which series. That's odd that Toys "R" Us sells them for that price, because they have it for LEGO's price at my local stores. What series is it that is charged for that price?
I was being charged that much for series 5 (A few days after they came out.)

"Wuh?"

LEGO sells them for $1.99 or $2.99, depending on which series. That's odd that Toys "R" Us sells them for that price, because they have it for LEGO's price at my local stores. What series is it that is charged for that price?
I was being charged that much for series 5 (A few days after they came out.)
Still kinda strange, but at least I have a bit more info, so it makes more sense. Thanks for telling me that, because I'll check one of my local Toys "R" Us stores to see if it's the same there. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I agree, though they're a lot pricier here in my country compared to yours (if you do the math). Additionally, most stores here take out the fun out of guessing. They label the bags with a number corresponding to the minifigure, meaning the cool ones are unavailable oh so fast.I don't care though. I wanna collect them all! Edited by 16N1K4

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog