Pohatu Mata

Very good. I love those Vorox pieces, they're perfectly used here, in my opinion. The arms have an interesting design, yet perhaps not the best for playability.Nice touch, those tires in the legs, right where they're connected to the body! That's always been one of my major complaints.I like the hands, too. Though I guess the fingers can't be moved, they still have a good impact for the eyes.Well, what more has to be said? Great job, and keep MOCing this way! 9.5/10

Wow. That is amazing. I ironically have my Pohatu Mata next to me right now, and it looks so close to the original. My only complaint is the mata foot may look better with the Vorox tan, but that might just be the positioning of the picture. Wonderful MoC, that really stays close to source, while improving on it. 10/10.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

This is awesome! The hands and the torso are nicely done. I really like how the hunched appearance is still there. Although it's cool, the black on the torso stands out too much because there's a lot of it and the colors won't flow as well together but other than that, great job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Very well done, and it certainly looks like Pohatu, except it lacks the outrageously large hips (I'm glad you left that out though. Bravo).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This is awesome! I like the Vorox armor pieces and the leg thingies! Not a fan of the arm, though.
What's wrong with the arms?
At first, the left arm seemed like a big black ball for me, but I looked closer and I saw that it was more intricate than I thought. The black does sort of stand out. Great piece, though! :P

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I've never been a huge fan of Toa Mata MOCs that incorporate Metru limb pieces, but you've used them quite well here. I like the solid black sections. The Vorox armor also looks surprisingly good, considering they're blended-color parts. And I don't think I've seen those fingers used on a Mata hand before - they work very well. Nice work.

Awesome. (other than too much black) 9.5 out of 10.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The overall impression is perfect for Pohatu. It is very true to the original set. Now, the details: the hands are great. The torso could use a bit of filler between the back plate and foot... though it is hard to see exactly what is going on with just the two images. Please post more! The use of black on the limbs is great - but I think it is a bit too much here. The design below would be great for this (in place of the black double connectors), using tan connector blocks in lieu of green. The upper arms could still use what is there, but perhaps with brown inika plates instead of black.armleg.pngSince I can't make out much of the torso, I'm not sure if this is possible... but it would be great if the ball joints used tan bulbs instead of black ones, for consistency. Nice work!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Wow, I really like this a lot. You don't usually see people revamping Pohatu.
Wait, really? I've seen a lot of Pohatu revamps. Not on BZP necessarily, but wherever they are, Pohatu revamps they are nonetheless. (However, this is certainly a great one, Railblade.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Great MOC, Railblade. You were able to capture the essence of Pohatu while updating him with better articulation from newer building techniques. You used old brown well, which is hard, considering the relatively few parts that are that color.The only real issue is really a matter of personal preference, but the two-fingered hands seem a little awkward, even if they are nostalgic.If BIONICLE were to return, it should look something like your Pohatu. Bravo.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Amazing :DI don't really know any feedback. Maybe I would've gone for less black and more brown, but that's about it :PPohatu Mata is my favourite toa :oYou've got the body shape all perfect :P

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.