Rachnidos, Serpent Of The Deep

Xinlo

mainsmall.jpg_thumb.jpgThis was two days in the making, and probably the most effort I've ever put into a MOC (except maybe the giant HF guy I made). I got thinking when I bought a second Kiina set, and was fiddling around with the fin armour; that's where I came up with the idea for the head, and it all spiralled from there. My friend Takal coined the name as a joke because it looks like a mix between a Rachni spider from Mass Effect and Gyrados from Pokemon.Head close-upBackPoseThanks for viewing - comments and criticism are appreciated as always.

xinlo-small.gifEdit: Image thumbnailed - please keep posted images in BBC below 100 kB! Click on the thumbnail to load the full image.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Looks great, Xin. The head might be a little large for the rest of the body, but as it's mostly crest, it's fine. The white might be better in silver, though from the pics it's hard to differentiate them. Aside from that, it does remind me of a Gyrados (For the benefit of the passing observer, this is the first time I've seen it. He described the colour scheme and I associated it with Gyrados from pokemon).

It's not illegal, it's just cheating.

Thanks guys.@FF: What do you mean "stands out"? It was supposed to be the original colour scheme until my dad suggested adding the fins, which I then had to blend somehow.@Takal: I don't think the head's too big... from what are you basing that comparison? It's a sea monster.

:P And the white looks fine in person, it's just the sun outside really made it bright in the pictures. I tried to darken them in GIMP but it didn't help. And there is only one piece of silver on the whole thing, which I tried to cover up. :P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Thanks guys.@FF: What do you mean "stands out"? It was supposed to be the original colour scheme until my dad suggested adding the fins, which I then had to blend somehow.@Takal: I don't think the head's too big... from what are you basing that comparison? It's a sea monster.

:P And the white looks fine in person, it's just the sun outside really made it bright in the pictures. I tried to darken them in GIMP but it didn't help. And there is only one piece of silver on the whole thing, which I tried to cover up. :P

xinlo-small.gif

I mean the white doesn't fit with the blue and orange.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Hey Xin, haven't seen you in a while. Iro said you guys have moved to a Skype group, for which I of course have neither an account nor a webcam. =P I really like this, and the hea is so ridiculously amazing dude. However, the other two have said the white stands out too much - which is true, to an extent. White looks great with dark blue, great with orange and keetorange. However, I think that it would look better here if to switched keetorange from the tertiary color to secondary and used white as a highlight color rather than a secondary - the vibrancy really stands out from the others, but as an accent (like the rubber bands on the neck, a stroke of genius) it works amazingly. If you would like to keep white as a more prominent color, I would at least incorporate more keetorange into the neck, which would sort of,ruin the whole "underbelly" vibe you've got going on with the orange, but would help with color balance. All in all, a fantastic MOC with only a couple minor coloration issues, but a heck of a lot of creativity and awesome techniques. ; )

Good job, Xin! I love the color scheme and head design, and the dragon wings fit this guy perfectly. I just think you could add a little more keetorange on the front upper neck. Now post it to Piece Out!

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

• 2 weeks later...

@Xalen: We don't use webcams, just the skype chat thing. be cool to get you there some time if possible.I guess nobody gets what I was trying to do with the colour scheme, which I suppose means I didn't do it very well. The idea was to have the colour scheme change, not blend. It was supposed to transition from white/blue to yellow/blue and back again; the white and yellow weren't supposed to be working together. Oh well. Also, in person the white is nowhere near as vibrant - it's just my dumb camera. I tried to darken the images but that didn't help. Thanks a tone for your comment though, and great to see you're still around.@Onewa: Thanks. I explained the colours above, but I guess I could try messing with them and see how it works out. And yeah I totally forgot to post it in PO.

:P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg