History of Kohlii letters

Constructelf

I can actually read them without translation. :PI'll post what they say here soon. In the meantime, I think there is a summary on the Kolhii page on BS01. EDIT: These are the translations below:The History of Kolhii Part 1:The first game of Kolhii on Mata-Nui was Turaga Onewa and Turaga Whenua's idea. It was intended to settle a dispute between Onu-Matoran miners and Po-Matoran carvers, after a comment from one of the miners about the quality of certain carvings.The History of Kolhii Part 2:The Po-Matoran took exception to the remark and blamed the miners for poor quality stone. The disagreement escalated until rocks, shovels, and hammers started flying between the two camps, forcing the Turaga to step in and put a stop to the conflict.The History of Kolhii Part 3:To resolve it, they devised a competition, according to 10 simple rules. The 11th rule, or so-called "new rule," was established when some fields began to suffer pitch invasions by dangerous Rahi. The rule was further expanded with the Onu-Koro addendum after an incident involving the local Ussalry during a mounted crab match.The History of Kolhii Part 4:During the time of the Bohrok Swarms, the game evolved into what is now called Kolhii. Many attribute this changing of the game to an incident that occured during the Pahrak invasion of Ga-Koro, when Hewkii used a Ga-Matoran fishing staff to save Macku from a flying rock. Since then, players have adopted the use of the Kolhii stick and the rules have been changed to accomodate it.

Edited by Tazakk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I only finished reading the first and second ones.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I read all of them on a rerun of the game, being enough of a Bionicle geek that I can read Matoran in my sleep and having played the game enough times that I could also do it in my sleep. Five parts, all amusing, and I care enough about what the Onu-Koro Addendum to rule 11 is that I'm contemplating writing a little fic about the kolhii match that caused it.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I'm a nerd who can read Matoran and like writing secret messages in it :P, so I figured it out. It takes a while, but once you get going, it's hard to stop. Kind of entertaining, just look at what Tazakk wrote. I think Maku also has a copy of the rulebook in her hut if I remember correctly.

Matoran is actually pretty easy to read. Look at each figure carefully and compare it to the English capital letter equivalent. It normally looks quite similar.(More) On topic: No, I haven't actually read them. Thanks for the information! Love the game, but never completed it. :( Guess I can always do that again?

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I've recently read them all without any help, although it did take some time, admittedly. :P Basically it tells Kolhii emerged from a dispute between Onu-Koro and Po-Koro, and how it evolved with time, Rahi attacks and Bohrok invasion in Ga-Koro.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a nerd who can read Matoran and like writing secret messages in it :P, so I figured it out. It takes a while, but once you get going, it's hard to stop. Kind of entertaining, just look at what Tazakk wrote. I think Maku also has a copy of the rulebook in her hut if I remember correctly.
It was Kotu who had it. I found the notes very interesting. I've been a fan since '01 and I played it for the first time this summer and I had never heard of the Onu-Po- dispute

new_sig_legacy_2.png

In case anyone's wondering, here's the actual 11 rules from BS01:

• Teams number more than one but no more than six.
  • Teams may include any number of players greater than one, but no team will have more players than any other team.
  • All teams agree to the number of goals needed for victory.
  • The first team to reach the number of goals agreed is the winner.
  • All goals are good goals provided they are not own goals, as own goals are not goals.
  • Each team is allowed one defender who may carry a shield, but no other player may use that shield (other than in cases of 11th rule).
  • All players may carry one Kolhii staff, and one only.
  • Any number of Kolhii balls may be played, but balls in play must number less than either the number of teams, or the number of players per team, whichever is the smaller number.
  • Any player who strikes another player did not play well. Shield and staff strikes are excluded from this rule as those indicate the players are playing well.
  • Any player who does not play well brings dishonor to their village.
  • Any pitch invasion by Rahi, or other beasts, postpones the completion of the game until the problem is dealt with.

Rule 11 is, in fact, quite amusing if you think about the match that must have inspired it, and how they might have reacted in the absence of that rule. It's a shame the Rahkshi only invaded Ta-Koro after the match was over... otherwise there might have been a 12th rule that if the field (and/or surrounding village) is destroyed, the game is postponed indefinitely.Does anyone know what the Onu-Koro Addendum is? Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

Does anyone know what the Onu-Koro Addendum is?
It has never been explicitly stated. The context implies, to me at least, the Ussal may have behaved in a way that could have been considered aggressive by the other team, which led to the specification that if the Rahi are part of the match, the rule doesn't apply. It could have been any number of other things, though, there is no way to say for certain...

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...