Etem

Brickeens

Always love to see a good Moc from you Brickeens.The use of the claws is fantastic, if not used perfectly here. I love the legs and arms, they're just so amazing. It has that robotic-alien vibe to it that makes it just stand out. The torso is just as great as the rest of the Moc. Love the use of pieces here. The one thing I just can get over about this Moc is that black arm. I know you were trying to go for something here, but it just ruins the beautiful colour scheme.~Gravity

The greeblage and techniques on your creations have always amazed and baffled me. This one is no exception. You've taken Bionicle building to levels beyond my reach. The black arm is an interesting idea, is it supposed to be organic? If it is, I would have spread out the organic-ness into more areas of the MOC. Not that it doesn't look great. I am in awe how you attached the claws on his shoulders to make a greebled but flowing chest design. Bravo, for you are a truly masterful artist.

Excellent job. The use of the parts is genius. I especially love the legs and the gun in the right arm. And, unlike those who came before me, I appreciate that black arm.I can't see any flaws in this, it's perfect. Though I can't understand what its left arm is supposed to be holding.Impressive MOC, one of the best I've ever seen here! I bow at you, sir, and give it a very well deserved 10/10.

I absolutely love the way those claws are used on the upper legs. And I actually really like the stark contrast between the tan/grey color scheme and the black weapon arm. It looks fantastic. The hands on the gun barrel are pretty amazing. Wouldn't have minded seeing a bit of development on the head in regards to optical sensors or such, but other than that I have no complaints. Lovely work as always.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

:kaukau: Used making such simple pieces, this MOC makes me miss my art and wish I wasn't so far away from my Technic collection, because it's a reminder that even with a limited collection, some pretty cool stuff is possible.It's machine-like look remind me of a white Terminator, by the way.
olympic_rings_icon.png

Edited by Michael Phelps

Very nice MOC overall. And, as I think I told you at BrickFair, I really do have a soft spot for those greebly mecha type MOCs, which probably makes this one appeal to me even more.Use of those light tan Onua claws was a cool touch; they fit nicely onto the shoulders and thighs, and the light hue matches the light grey. Speaking of which, it took me a while to notice the use of the tan 3-length axles with the studs on the ends. Very nice, subtle use there, especially behind the trans chest disk. I also like the general angles of the legs, with how the various panels still evoke a reverse-articulated vibe, and the appearance of the feet.However, there are a few aspects I have issues with. Namely, the right arm. It's well-constructed, but being the only black present on the MOC, as well as the smooth HF aesthetic compared to the greebles elsewhere, are quite jarring. I'd suggest either adding some black HF cladding elsewhere, possibly as if the MOC once had a smooth outer shell which is now falling off to reveal inner greebles (as you said it's ancient), or just replacing the right arm with more light grey/tan/trans parts. I'm also not sure how I feel about the two cannon ends. They seem a bit . . . uneven.Also, not a fault on the creation, but I'm curious as to what the left hand is. I don't really see discrete fingers to speak of, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what the apparatus there is.Anyway, another overall cool mecha of yours, Brickeens. :) I look forward to more, especially the final version of that hardsuit WIP you showed me.~B~

Another mecha, another great use of light grey pieces. The color scheme is beautiful. The shape is awesome. As everyone said, the only problem is just the weapon arm. I know it's supposed to look like an iron or steel machine like Evo's, but it clashes too much. Maybe make it dark grey instead of black.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

The incredible detail on the body and head looks magnificent. The legs are also very well done. As pointed out by others, that use of claws is creative and looks great. I also like the feet a lot. Though the left arm fits the MOC perfectly, the black on the right one disrupts the otherwise perfect colour scheme.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

This thing is absolutely beautiful. Starting with the color scheme, it fits very nicely with the light bley. Those legs seem wonderfully constructed using various methods of connection to add a cool robotic look to the whole thing, along with the torso and left arm. The feet, look like they could've been a bit better, perhaps filling it in a bit more, as the current ones looks a bit weak. The left arm gun is very nice and the greebles on it make it seem very complicated. Now, the black arm, it seems people seem to be looking at another MOC, because I think it looks amazing. Knowing your love of asymmetry, the idea of the "broken/damaged robot" has been used before by you, and is pulled off very nicely here. I think the robot arm adds some realism, and maybe even story- an ancient robot who's been upgraded in a more modern world ahead of his time. The arm and it's gun are pulled off great to me. All in all, amazing work (yet again.) Brickeens.

doom4revalt.png

That's... really awesome. I know what you were going for with the black arm, and it turned out fine, but I think that perhaps this could look even better were it to be more or less symmetrical. That aside, great job, I really like the use of the dark tan claws.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Incredible! The complexity is staggering, and the colors are well done. What I like especially is the use of spin-tile parts for the inner joints. It looks great and takes away bulk that other pieces would add. I think that the upper joints should use just the normal, round plates and the lower joints should use just the spin-tile parts, meaning on both the inner and outer side of the limb. The claws might be a bit too big, but nothing can be done about that, as they add too much to the MOC to be taken away. And the black arm, while excellently done, is a bit out of place. While in some cases an arm like this does compliment a figure, I think that black is too dark a color. It may look far better as merely dark bluish grey. Also, it is entirely black, while the rest of the MOC has color variation. You may want to add another shade to the arm, for consistency. Honestly, I think that the arms should be of the same color and construction (although keep the weapon, it's nice). The head is AMAZING. The only thing I think it is missing is an eye (where that minifig hand is) - instead of using a grey bar, perhaps a transparent one. Trans-clear would be best, and you can always make one from a few different trans-clear System pieces with incorporated bars. Maybe there are trans-clear antenna too, if you don't mind a larger eye... regular 4-length transparent bars are extremely rare!Anyways, this is a very impressive MOC. Superb work as usual.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva