Set Review: 3874 Ilrion

3874_Ilrion_teaser.jpgI believe we have a first today in terms of BZPower reviews. Takuma Nuva has put together the first review of a LEGO Board game, namely <a href="http://amzn.to/RmXJLv" target="offsite">3874 Ilrion</a> from the Heroica lineup. Is it all fun and games or are you better off using your imagination to play with your other sets? Read on to find out!View the full article

I didn't feel it really had a place in the review, but I'll put this here as a little "bonus" if you will.My basic idea of the energy/mana system for abilities would work something like this. Abilities can be used as desired but cost mana. I'm first going to try 3 cost per ability while the max amount is 4 (same as health for consistency). I'm going to try out two different ideas for regenerating it. First, you get one back per turn. Second, you can reduce the number of spaces you move after a roll and gain one mana back for each move space you sacrificed.Anyways, I'll be keeping a close eye on this topic, guys. I'll answer any questions you throw at me to my best ability!

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

HEROICA IS BACK! I was hoping for this, I doubted its return.This set looks fantastic, the use of colors is amazing...and the Giant Bat is quite the highlight, indeed.I love your reviews, Takuma. They really brighten up my day. :lol:
I was so glad when I saw a new set, but that's also the problem. There's only ONE new one. =/ I really hope they keep going with this though.But I'm not sure how you love my reviews when I've only done one so far. :P
The fact that you included the lack of sufficient hats as a con made me laugh so hard.You now officially review the best. Informative, but yet jam-packed with enough hilarity to leave me in stitches. I loved it.
Now, now, let's not jump the shark. :PAlso saying I review the best might be a bit premature; I've only done one (so far :sly:). But the problem I always had with reading reviews is that they didn't keep my interest. I decided to try and rectify that a little.They didn't used to call me one of the kings of the comedy forum for nothing. :DBut I wouldn't count on ALL reviews I possibly do being like this. I don't want to over-do it y'knonw. Suffice to say that I'll always do my best to keep the reader's attention though.
That made me double over with laughter. Loved the review, and I hope you'll do other on the rest of the Heroica line - I'm still debating whether to purchase one.
I really wanted to after I got them all for Christmas last year, but somebody decided that reviewing 2011 sets in January of 2012 was too late... :mellow:I do think they were earlier 2011 sets though. I don't remember for sure.
Hilarious review, and very helpful. Sounds like the play experience is pretty fantastic- I've been assuming it would be lackluster, for some reason. But this makes me want to get one.
Yeah, like I said in the review, it is fun, but more-so if you make your own house rules. I'm definitely going to play them more, but I want to really sit down and work out a whole set of custom rules first. I'd like to give all the weapons unique abilities to make them more exciting than just watered-down hero powers.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

Hooray for Mario references! :)Anyway, I enjoyed the review on this game. It looks cool, though I do wonder why the minifigs don't have arms. (Or are they not minifigs, because the ones in your pictures looked different from the ones I've seen.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hooray for Mario references! :)Anyway, I enjoyed the review on this game. It looks cool, though I do wonder why the minifigs don't have arms. (Or are they not minifigs, because the ones in your pictures looked different from the ones I've seen.)
They are, in fact, microfigures, not minifigures. They are considerably smaller.2719112_com_creationar.jpg

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

They are, in fact, microfigures, not minifigures. They are considerably smaller.2719112_com_creationar.jpg

Takuma Nuva

Microfigures? I've never heard of them. And for some reason, they looked bigger to me in the pictures in the review. :P Anyway, the ones in this set are cool. Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png