[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Well, now that the big rabbit is out of the hat, it's time to start wondering: What are this GB's plans? TYQ chapter 3 ended simply with the ominous tone that the GB's plans need to be stopped. What are those plans? How will he reveal himself?And, of course, all of these questions can be easily summed up in one: When do we get the next chapter?

I think we actually have some clues to this now. Remember Greg said that Orde believed the plans needed stopped, but that the GB does not think of them as evil. Now Velika resisted the Piraka, and made things to help the Voyatoran. I theorized above that he may have been even managing the GB devices on the 777 stairs to make sure the Inika won, not the Piraka.This isn't certain, but if these lines of reasoning are right, then I'm seeing a picture of a Velika GB who does feel a comradery with the people of the MU. So I think we can probably rule out the idea of shutting down the 'nanotech', for one, which has been one of the most commonly floated theories.So we should probably explore other possibilities more from here. :)Edit: Come to think of it, this may provide strong evidence for the Velika GB = murderer theory. Since Orde is a Toa with the Toa Code, but the GB wouldn't necessarily follow the code. He would have while he was in hiding, but now that's all over. Of course, that would require him to perhaps have GB powers... not necessarily, though, maybe he just Built A Weapon.

I would dispute, however, whether Velika the GB would have the ability to brainwash Lesovikk or travel hundreds of miles in a few hours to the opposite sides of SM to kill Karz and TK down south and end up north at the insane GB fortress. Unless he has powerful help or something. It would explain the memorial stone carving, though - him being a Po-Matoran and all.

I KNEW IT! He was my first guess actually. But didn't the Voya Nui Matoran have their memories erased upon leaving Karzahni? And if he's killing MU immigrants for causing disorder, why didn't he do something about Karzahni's madness and Matoran living on Voya Nui, Since those weren't supposed to happen? Speaking of which, Why didn't the Great Beings do something about that when they were making the Stairway of Life?

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

travel hundreds of miles in a few hours to the opposite sides of SM
There's always vehicles, maybe something connected to the RS teleporter, but I do agree it's a point against the theory. Not sure I like the theory either, but knowing the GB is Velika provides some more evidence is what I'm saying. :) Hopefully the true plan of the GB is something else we haven't thought of (or have but hasn't gotten enough attention).

Velika as the Murderer as well ?? I may be wrong, but wasn't it established that they were 2 different people ? The GB wanted to shut down the inhabitants, but not kill all the Powerful beings....

-Star

No, that was not established, nor do we know what the GB wants.Edit:
But didn't the Voya Nui Matoran have their memories erased upon leaving Karzahni?
No.
And if he's killing MU immigrants for causing disorder, why didn't he do something about Karzahni's madness and Matoran living on Voya Nui, Since those weren't supposed to happen?
First, we don't know that he's the murderer; that's just a theory.Presuming he is for sake of discussion, though, you're talking about two different time periods. The key is that prior to 2010 story he had to blend in.
Speaking of which, Why didn't the Great Beings do something about that when they were making the Stairway of Life?
What do you mean? About what?

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Velika? Makes sense since he's an inventor, I guess. It's also good to see that Greg hasn't completely forgotten about Bionicle.

Lol and people thought it was Helryx. :lol-sign:

Eh, I think she was struck out of the running a while back because of the whole incompatible gender and not wanting to devalue the awesome female first Toa.

And, unlike Velika, she's in a relatively prominent position. Observation is harder when you're also trying to run a top-secret organization, after all.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Velika? Makes sense since he's an inventor, I guess. It's also good to see that Greg hasn't completely forgotten about Bionicle.

Eh, I think she was struck out of the running a while back because of the whole incompatible gender and not wanting to devalue the awesome female first Toa.

And, unlike Velika, she's in a relatively prominent position. Observation is harder when you're also trying to run a top-secret organization, after all.

I'm pretty sure that I was on the same side as you on my first post. (And I already knew that Helryx wasn't the GB when Greg told us.)So basically, we both agree that Helryx isn't the GB. :) Edited by King James

I'm pretty sure that I was on the same side as you on my first post.So basically, we both agree that Helryx isn't the GB. :)
Yeah, I knew that, totally. :fear: I caught an implication of it being a theory that continued to prosper up until this topic was posted, is all.

Kind of hard not to, seeing as she's not Velika. :P We know who the GB is! Whoooooo!

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Woah, didn't see that coming. Back when Velika was released in 2006 he was one of my favorite matoran, but as he stopped appearing in the story I felt like he's nothing special anymore and it wasn't long before I took him apart to make a MOC with his parts. Now is the time to rebuild him. :]

97fbefa58de6a357f47187fd56bc8076-d6d4bzl

Kahinuva, Greg actually said that Kapura had been his first choice, but all the Mata Nui Matoran had their memories wiped, and he needed the GB to retain his memories. I think some of you are just assuming that little thought was put into this. If anything it's probably more that more thought was put into it, not less, so not all of those reasons will be obvious if you just take the news at a glance. :)
I've noted before that the reasoning behind not letting the Mata Nui Matoran not be candidates is skeptical at best; more on that below. But I don't think Greg had the GB in mind in 2006, and from the way he presented it it seemed like it was a recent development.
After all, we've been with Bionicle for so many years now and have seen countless times proof that Greg thinks these things through, often in incredible detail. Let's not just forget all that now. :)
Tuyet's return.
To me, this is the perfect choice. It's not someone from the start or the end, but nicely near the middle, and someone we didn't see much of to ruin established character development, etc. As danwojo (who originally guessed it) said, the personality fit to a tee. :)
I'm not sure about the personality bit; it is an odd personality, yes, but does that actually make it fit being a GB? We saw a conversation between the GBs when they placed the Ignika inside Voya Nui and several other times since then. Most of those times, though, they didn't really act much like Velika at all. The GBs are scientists, not zen masters, and they talked and acted accordingly. True, we haven't seen much of the GBs, but saying it fits "to a tee" means that it fits everything we've seen of the GBs before. To be honest, I can't see that.
Also, as I pointed out in the most recent topic debating this before we learned it, anybody like Krakua with great power would inevitably face a choice of either being drawn into an organization like the Order (as Krakua was) or a villain organization like the DH, so the GB refusing would stand out like a sore thumb. He needed to blend, so IMO anybody with significant power like that had to be out.
Did he actually needed to blend? I've always thought that the GB was there to observe the beings within. Obviously, being in such an organization would enable him both the means to get around and the method to watch and observe beings all over the Mata Nui Robot. Just being a member of an organization wouldn't mean that he automatically have to use his powers or anything, and even so there are many other people in the organization that have an extraordinary powerset. I mean, let's face it. The Dark Hunters and the Order of Mata Nui are basically the freakshows of the universe. If he needed to blend into anywhere, it would be hiding in plain sight, although I'm not quite sure why he would need to. I'm not saying that blending in is not an entirely logical option; on the contrary, it seems very logical. But I don't see that as a reason to automatically rule out characters that didn't blend in as not being able to be the GB just because you think he should have.
Yes, the mind wipe showed us that most likely the hidden GB only had whatever powers were in the form he took, no special abilities (besides, we don't know that GBs have powers of their own anyways; they're organic and probably like Agori and Glatorian, just very inventive).
I'm not talking about special abilities persay, but about how the GBs and the Matoran would differ. The GBs are organic beings, like you said, and the Matoran are programmed bio-organic beings. From what Greg has said about the "glitch", we can only insinuate that Matoran and the other beings in the world are programmed. There is an exceedingly large difference between the two. I can't imagine that a mindwipe meant to work on programmable beings also somehow works on an organic being disguised as one.My main point is that the mindwipe explenation to me seems to make little to no sense, really; I don't see why Greg would have thought of it as an reasonable explenation.
I tried to use an argument against it for my Onua entry, but it was conclusively disproven in later conversation and Greg's further clues. It's possible also that he might have some abilities (the original purpose in the story for the reveal would imply at least one), but the mindwipe doesn't seem like the sort of thing he would know to stop. To blend he would have to get in the pods, and it was a power Makuta invented, not something (like Toa elements) that the GB would have known of from the start.
Like I said, the power Makuta invented was intended for the Matoran: programmable bio-organic beings. From what I've gathered, the "organic" part of the term is applied to things like inner organs and muscles, not the actual brain. Most of the things in BIONICLE have been explained as just advanced tech (see: Matoran personalities). The most likely senario is the the pods were a containment unit that were able to interface with the Matoran operating system and enable a hard reset. I'm not going to pretend to suddenly be the expert in computer programming or anything, but it seems extremely unlikely that the "power" would even work on complex organic brains such as the GBs.What it does boil down to, though, is that the mindwipe explenation is completely unessesary. There isn't any reason why Greg, as a story writer, would have to put that down as a reason why the GB couldn't be a Mata Nui Matoran when he could also state that a GB would be "immune" to the mindwipe with no added defects.
This stuff was all thought out, and trust me, it makes sense. :) No choice for this would be perfect, and you are free to have the personal taste to dislike it as a plot element, but that is subjective. Many others like it so that logic doesn't argue against it being done. ^_^ All things considered I think it's clear this was the best choice.
I don't really mind Velika as the GB, no. But to me it just seems like an extremely poor plot twist. Plot twists are supposed to be like a good riddle: before you're given the answer, the riddle seems kind of vague and you can't see how they relate. When you are given the answer, everything in the actual riddle suddenly makes complete sense. (Ironic that this metaphor is about riddles when discussing how Velika is not the proper choice; regardless). Kapura and Krakua, the examples I gave above (again, I personally still root for Kapura as a good choice for the GB because to me the mindwipe excuse seems unnessesary), have all been set up for years and the "weird" things they did were very big and memorable. Whenever you think Kapura, chances are you remember him being able to "teleport" while moving slowly. Same with Krakua: his message from the future in Time Trap is what most people remember him for.Velika isn't a bad choice and he works to an extent, but in terms of plot twists this one is honestly quite poor. He has never been telegraphed or hinted at as being the GB to the extent that the others have. I feel like people are taking aspects of a character (aspects that other characters have had before, mind you) and trying to desperately connect them to what Greg has confirmed as canon. ("Oh, he liked to tinker with stuff! That's obviously a clue Greg left because he's a Great Being, not because he could just be a guy just liked to tinker with stuff like oh I don't know Nuparu or any of the Nynrah Ghosts." "Oh, he liked to talk in riddles! That's obviously a hint from Greg, not that other eccentric people with weird speaking habits have been around like say Turaga Nuju talking in bird language.")This isn't meant as to be another attempt at "Greg-bashing", mind you; the man has put a lot of time and effort into the fanbase and I appreciate that. But it also doesn't mean that everything that comes from him is complete gold and always makes sense. This is one of those story decisions that he's made that I really disagree with and see as poor storytelling. So no, I don't think it's clear at all that this was the best choice.

Um... I'm very sorry, but what is this contest that everyone keeps talking about now? XDNice twist an all, but really, am I the only one here that's concerned with how the blazes you got in touch with Greg? I tried sending him a real-life letter and it was fruitless. :PEDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

VELIKA! That's why that name was so weird to me the whole time, darn it! In Bulgarian (very likely in other Slavic languages as well) "velika" is the female variation of the word "velik" (veh-LEEK), and guess what that means.It means "great" and I'm absolutely not kidding.

Edited by Surreality

Um... I'm very sorry, but what is this contest that everyone keeps talking about now? XDNice twist an all, but really, am I the only one here that's concerned with how the blazes you got in touch with Greg? I tried sending him a real-life letter and it was fruitless. :PEDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

VELIKA! That's why that name was so weird to me the whole time, darn it! In Bulgarian (very likely in other Slavic languages as well) "velika" is the female variation of the word "velik" (veh-LEEK), and guess what that means.It means "great" and I'm absolutely not kidding.

That's a fun coincidence! We're working on a system for random factoids like that on BS01, and it's always good to keep in mind (I think KZN02 has a list somewhere). Obviously the meaning is retrospective, but I do enjoy amusing coincidences like that.Anyhow, after the reveal that there was a secret GB in the MU, Greg started a contest on BZP to guess the identity, and he would pick a winner (of the contest, not necessarily the character itself) based on the reasons provided. The contest was eventually abandoned, but the lingering plot thread remained.Personally, when we were deciding what to ask Greg, this is what stuck out most in my mind. It's not entirely important without context, but it's a bit of closure that I appreciated.As for how we got in contact with Greg... meh, if ER wants to say, he can, but I think it's better off leaving it as a mystery. He's sort of done with BIONICLE at this point, so the last thing I'm sure he needs is a bunch of people asking him about it.

EDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

By the Spirit that is amazing. Show of hands, who thinks it could be deliberate?

I've noted before that the reasoning behind not letting the Mata Nui Matoran not be candidates is skeptical at best
Greg confirmed it; it was the first thing he did confirm in the "Who It Isn't" topic on the old forums. :)What about Tuyet's return? :)
it is an odd personality, yes, but does that actually make it fit being a GB?
Yes. :) Not really sure what else to say to that. :P
The GBs are scientists, not zen masters, and they talked and acted accordingly.
He's an inventor, he speaks in riddles, etc.
Did he actually needed to blend? I've always thought that the GB was there to observe the beings within.
Well, have you ever heard of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? In quantum mechanics, it's basically that if you observe something, you change it. Now the reason for this is that in quantum mechanics, at least with our capabilities, there is no way to passively observe. To observe a rock, you can see the light bouncing off of it already, but to observe an atom you have to shoot a photon of light at it. It's the equivalent of trying to observe a rock by throwing another rock against it to bounce off.I've often noticed that the principle especially applies to people. It's like Candid Camera. If they know they're on camera, or even just subconsciously suspect they're being observed, their behavior changes. So yes, blending is important. :) Besides that, if he finds himself facing enemies who know what he is, and might kill him for that reason, that's something to avoid.
Obviously, being in such an organization would enable him both the means to get around and the method to watch and observe beings all over the Mata Nui Robot.
I debunked this in the previous topic; he would only be able to go where his superiors ordered him and would have to do what they wanted. If they ever wanted him to meddle, he'd have to or face danger from his own organization. Observing is far better served by someone not in any major organization, and that is best done as a Matoran with no powers, so people don't want to recruit him for them. :)
I'm not saying that blending in is not an entirely logical option; on the contrary, it seems very logical. But I don't see that as a reason to automatically rule out characters that didn't blend in as not being able to be the GB just because you think he should have.
That's not what we're talking about here. The question is if Velika makes more sense than other options -- those options may have worked as secondary choices, but that's not the question. And yes, all things considered, as we worked out in the previous topics, he is. :) (I've noticed this mistake often in debates on here, to miss the question of what idea makes more sense and focus on options that haven't been eliminated entirely. The point of arguing for Velika is not to rule out other options entirely but to select the most logical choice. :))
I'm not talking about special abilities persay, but about how the GBs and the Matoran would differ. The GBs are organic beings, like you said, and the Matoran are programmed bio-organic beings.
Greg made it clear that the GB's consciousness could have been stored and later put into the being. From this I take the conclusion that even if he took the form of a being right away, he did it by putting just his consciousness in them. His organic body is no longer being used (what exactly happened to it is unclear, but probably irrelevant). This is also probably why he wouldn't have been able to disable powers used against him like the mindwipe; he probably had only the abilities of the body he took, and his own knowledge to work with. This fits Velika perfectly. So well it's amazing Greg didn't think of it at the time lol (maybe he did toss it around a little, I dunno).Incidently, I have a theory about the Toa disabling that the code that runs elemental powers (since only a select limit of those were defined from the start, and by the GBs, unlike protodermic powers which anyone can make infinite new ones of at any time), that the GBs simply included a line of code in the power that enables a mental or spoken command to switch the power on and off. This probably also applies to many other strong powers established at the time, such as the Olmak, and would fit that scene with Vezon. It's possible also that the GB could have done that with the mindwipe but didn't know it was there, as I said earlier.Worth pointing out also that he would have had to accept the hibernation power, or he would have had to either stop blending by refusing to enter the pod, or suffocate to death. It seems the memory wipe was part of that power, so he couldn't deactivate just that part. We've only seen blanket on/off switches, so that makes sense.
What it does boil down to, though, is that the mindwipe explenation is completely unessesary.
Again, this is clearly a case of not thinking something through enough, and mistaking that for thinking it through more. When you look closely at the mindwipe situation it seems clear the GB could not have plausibly avoided it. I agree that if you don't think about it closely, as I didn't when I suggested an override originally, it may seem unnecessary, but the issue here is thinking things through, so it's appropriate to look closely. :) And we already have in the previous topics. ^_^
I don't really mind Velika as the GB, no. But to me it just seems like an extremely poor plot twist.
That's fine, but that's just a subjective personal taste. To me this is very good. If we just argue different personal tastes we'll go nowhere fast, as is right, because our different tastes are healthy. :)
Plot twists are supposed to be like a good riddle: before you're given the answer, the riddle seems kind of vague and you can't see how they relate. When you are given the answer, everything in the actual riddle suddenly makes complete sense.
So your preference about riddles is to not be able to solve them by applying thinking enough to find the most logical answer before the answer is given? I've seen this from others before, and I get it. That can be fun. But to me the real fun of a riddle is the opportunity to think it through before the answer's given and try to theorize the right answer.Also, is it possible for any riddle about something as complex as this to suddenly make complete sense, rather than taking a bit of thought perhaps? Of course, let's notice that nearly everybody in here agrees it does make instant complete sense to them. :) (And I believe I know why, but it's a very long answer so I'll spare you it for now. :P) Isn't it possible a riddle answer could make total sense, but not be immediately obvious why to everybody upon learning the answer?I should bring up Sherlock Holmes now, as I've been reading all of them this year for the first time. I think the example is very applicable. I've always heard people talk about those stories as you do. But I've found it the opposite, the fun to me is that I -can- think through the clues enough and usually arrive at the right answer or mostly so before I read it. It's awesome to find out that I was right, especially in stories many others say they couldn't figure out beforehand. Makes me feel smart, yanno? :P (But it's more of a question of applying the proper methods of analysis... ironically I have discovered that Holmes describes the same methods I found myself without having known of them in those stories lol, although probably there was some kind of subconscious transferance from what I've heard about it...) Same for TV shows like the Mentalist or the like. That show excels at making the audience feel smart if they watch it long enough to learn the methods.Anywho, point is that I do think Velika was a riddle we figured out and had fun figuring out, and many of us are obviously having that sudden complete sense reaction. :)But I do thank you for bringing these things up, they're fun to discuss. More fun riddles of life. ^_^
Velika isn't a bad choice and he works to an extent, but in terms of plot twists this one is honestly quite poor.
I question the assumption that the revelation at this point is intended as a twist at all, actually. Why are we assuming that? The twist was that there was a GB.If Greg wanted the identity of Velika to be an unexpected twist, surely he would not have run a contest offering us clues and time to analyze it (even if he had written the next chapter in the timeframe originally planned we had thought this out conclusively by that time, though not in as much detail as now). And obviously many people loved the twist itself... and are loving this. Really, subjective taste is what these different reactions come down to as always. :) You don't have to personally like it, basically. But it's definitely good that he picked the one that most people like and agree with. ^_^Honestly, I've become so used to the strong conclusion that Velika was the GB that it feels completely alien to hear anybody thinking of it as a twist. :P A twist surprises. I'm not surprised by this at all. Everything happened here exactly as I expected. ^_^
He has never been telegraphed or hinted at as being the GB to the extent that the others have.
That's a good point, but the analysis can't just stop there. It's also important to avoid contradictions, and considering everything we have in that light, Velika is the best of the remaining choices. :) Process of elimination, basically.Really, I'm actually very pleased that Kapura didn't get turned into a GB, and that it was instead someone who didn't get much story time. Think about the Kapura thing beyond the first step. It would have made a character who from the beginning has been loved as a unique Matoran into something else. I think most people would have chafed against that a lot more. Instead, Kapura established the category of very strange, mysterious Matoran who really are Matoran. Later Velika simply seemed to fit in that category and didn't get as much attention, so people don't object as much to him not actually being one. It's the best solution.
I feel like people are taking aspects of a character (aspects that other characters have had before, mind you) and trying to desperately connect them to what Greg has confirmed as canon. ("Oh, he liked to tinker with stuff! That's obviously a clue Greg left because he's a Great Being
Have you read all the replies here? These things were all brought up long before he confirmed it. ;) As I quoted earlier, the very ninth post in the original topic, danwojo's original guess of Velika, brought up these things. It's not even close to what you're describing... Really, considering people had plenty of time to make logical arguments against Velika, if anything is 'desperate' it is the attempts to retroactively argue that it doesn't make sense (although I would shy away from using such harsh language; I think it's understandable to want to do that, and we can discuss it out; I say it only to check your reasoning by seeing what happens if we apply it consistently to the alternative, as a standard logic test :)).I understand you tried to argue some of this before, but I and others responded to your points and showed why it made sense. :) The time to argue against those responses was then, not now, you know? It's a little like how some people would post in the Story Squad canonization announcement topics to argue against them, rather than giving those arguments when we gave them the opportunity to do so before. And this one isn't even a fan canonization! It's right from Greg, just like countless other things. What set it apart is he gave us time to discuss it and if we had shown a serious error with his choice he could have changed it (and maybe he did change it to Velika, I don't know).That said, if a serious contradiction can be shown even now I'm sure Greg might reconsider as he's done for other contradictions, but methinks there is none. ^_^
This isn't meant as to be another attempt at "Greg-bashing", mind you; the man has put a lot of time and effort into the fanbase and I appreciate that. But it also doesn't mean that everything that comes from him is complete gold and always makes sense.
That's good. It would certainly be very good if more who criticize Greg would make that more clear. :) But nobody is saying it's all total gold. At the end of the day, it's entertainment, meant to enjoy, a lot of people love this choice, it makes good sense, and that's that. :)Are there nitpicks we can come up with? Yes, and that's not entirely unhealthy, but we shouldn't let it ruin our enjoyment of it, if our tastes are such to be able to enjoy it by taking a positive attitude toward it. The truth is you can pretty much always find nitpicks in all fiction -- because it's fiction. It's not real. And yet even in real life things are very complex and stuff. Ultimately we must be careful not to turn healthy contradiction analysis into an argument against imagination. :) Instead it should help fuel imagination. ^_^
And do you think the name was part of the reason they/he chose that particular character?
Almost certainly. LEGO has a long history of that. :) Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

EDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

By the Spirit that is amazing. Show of hands, who thinks it could be deliberate?

OH MY.When I read that spoiler, I said the exact same thing: HOLY KANOHI!I show my hand. Think about it: Velika does seem to be a name of a different origin than the others.I highly doubt that this was just a random chance. Still, the female variation? Interesting...

Edited by bonesiii
Whoa now... spoiler tags, people. Spoiler tags. -bones

I'm actually quite speechless. A very interesting twist on Greg's part. Never would've seen good, old riddle speaker as the hidden Great Being. Now all that we need is the identity of the trigger man who killed Tren Krom and Karzahni. Then Bionicle can finally die peacefully, because for all our sake, finish the story already!

Edited by bonesiii
Do not bypass the filter. -bones

Everybody please remember spoiler tags. Some of you have even been quoting people who used them, so you know you're supposed to, but forgetting them. It's good to type the tags before anything else so you don't forget. :)Thanks.

Thanks, man. :)I wonder how I missed that contest... What year did that even take place?And do you think the name was part of the reason they/he chose that particular character?
February of last year (The link I just gave will log you out of BZP because it is the BZP archives, so make sure to use another browser or go into incognito mode to view it)

jlovfkk.jpg

Just lol

As for those wondering, Velika was originally an actual Matoran, so his concious is in a sort of hiatus, as the Great Being has taken over his body. As for why he let the Piraka take over Voya Nui, he probably wanted to see how the Great Beings creations would react, so he chose not to interfere. Seems kinda ironic that a relatively minor character would reappear much later though.

Edited by Silver Surfer (Vartemp)

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Velika is the GB.... Somehow, I saw this coming. It just felt right, you know? It definitely fits with him as a character--not contradicting, and it gives us insight on a character we didn't know too much about already. It works. :)Well, now I gotta fix my Velika set! I just realized that his neck joint is cracked. Not good at all!Anyway, I'm glad Greg still has us in mind. My thanks to him!

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I feel the BS01 approach to this info wasn't very subtle. I mean they put a message on the front page saying the identity has been revealed, and link to this topic. And on Velika's page, there's a spoiler tag right at the start. How many other pages have spoiler tags? I feel even if you don't click the tag, but you've read the note on the front page, its obvious thats what it is.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

So with secret divulged, will we actually get anymore? Because if he has no power and time to write serials, he should really just reveal who the killer is and more because waiting that long for an answer is ridiculous. End the story so people like me can continue it in their own way.
This. I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned. I think then that BIONICLE, for me at least, can finally feel like it has definitive closure. This was a huge step though.-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

So with secret divulged, will we actually get anymore? Because if he has no power and time to write serials, he should really just reveal who the killer is and more because waiting that long for an answer is ridiculous. End the story so people like me can continue it in their own way.
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. It's not the most satisfying ending by far, but I'd prefer knowing all the variables over waiting for who knows how long until there's an update. At least then I know that if there is an update my personal continuation won't be completely wrecked if my current guess as to the murderer is is incorrect.I wouldn't reaaally mind the other loose plot threads being left to dangle because they're inviting me like a cat's invited by a twitching line of yarn; the identity of the killer is like a missing thread I need before I can start my own attempt at continuing where the braid left off.... okay this is my last post for the day I swear, where am I even getting these metaphors...

This. I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned. I think then that BIONICLE, for me at least, can finally feel like it has definitive closure. This was a huge step though.-Star
I agree -- but preferably only if Greg seriously thinks he won't have time to finish the unfinished stories. I think it's quite possible he'll find the time. :)

I agree -- but preferably only if Greg seriously thinks he won't have time to finish the unfinished stories. I think it's quite possible he'll find the time. :)
True. However, that seems highly unlikely considering that his last chapter was nearly a year ago and he's far too busy to make another. Ending it now with whatever spoilers he has left would just bring Bionicle to a good close, at least, for the time being.

Well, if he's too busy. We aren't in his shoes to know. :)

When you finally et theanswer lots of questions pop inside your mind, anyway thanks a ton Erebus, I felt like it wasn´t correct to spiler myself but it´s been so long since last update I could´nt help but to find the truth, GregF wherever you are I hope you know how much we still appreciate you and await anxiously our return!!!!!

I don't think Greg has the authority to end the story. One, Lego left the story going so that they could possibly revive it in the future (there have been several reasons that both BZPers and Greg have speculated as to why this may be). Two, Greg is not allowed to reveal the "true nature of the Great Beings" so he's not just going to reveal everything now. That lends itself to the probability that Lego doesn't want to give Bionicle up, IMO.

I was pretty sure it was Velika. What I'm really interested in now is Velika's plans for the Toa Mata that he was referring to in one chapter (TPTB4?)

Let's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I don't think Greg has the authority to end the story.
No no, we're talking about ending the existing serials. :)