• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Disguised Great Being The Yesterday Quest Greg Farshtey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
405 replies to this topic

#41 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,227 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yes, that was obvious. We've been following this for too long. :PBut still, great to hear the news.

I'll be honest, I did not see that one coming.

Spoiler
Good to hear Bionicle news after so long.

Bones said that the GB didn't have didn't have any GB-related powers, just the ones his body would have normally had.

#42 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:04 AM

Right. So....what is the significance of this? Like, I don't really get all this. A character we knew is a different species to what we thought he was. Great. This did always seem like a twist for the sake of having a twist. And given that the story is probably finished, there's no point in this.I just don't get the excitement at such a pointless and lazy attempt at a twist.- Tilius

Just be grateful that we've gotten any word, let alone update, from Greg.

So you're saying that if Greg wrote a half-hearted serial chapter that was rushed and devalued the entire previous story, we should still be grateful? We should be grateful for him throwing in a pointless twist like this? I thought the days of lapping up everything Greg says, does and writes were over, but apparently not.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#43 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:14 AM

So you're saying that if Greg wrote a half-hearted serial chapter that was rushed and devalued the entire previous story, we should still be grateful? We should be grateful for him throwing in a pointless twist like this? I thought the days of lapping up everything Greg says, does and writes were over, but apparently not.- Tilius

The fact that Greg revealed that there was a GB in the MU was revealed when he had intention of finishing the storyline. He can't take that fact back just because he's busy. It's helpful for those of us who want to write fan fiction to know this fact, because it's a critical piece of information. I agree a half-hearted completion to the serials would be a bad thing, but I don't think it will be done half-heartedly. It would be hard to finish it quickly, either he'd have to kill off several characters in the two serials, or there would be no definitive ending at all, and the serials would have no actual significant storyline. If Greg is planning to finish it, he will have no intention of doing either of those things.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#44 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:25 AM

If you read his bio, he is actually the perfect choice to be the great being. just saying.

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

#45 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:41 AM

The fact that Greg revealed that there was a GB in the MU was revealed when he had intention of finishing the storyline. He can't take that fact back just because he's busy. It's helpful for those of us who want to write fan fiction to know this fact, because it's a critical piece of information. I agree a half-hearted completion to the serials would be a bad thing, but I don't think it will be done half-heartedly. It would be hard to finish it quickly, either he'd have to kill off several characters in the two serials, or there would be no definitive ending at all, and the serials would have no actual significant storyline. If Greg is planning to finish it, he will have no intention of doing either of those things.

My point was just that the whole 'Oh just be grateful for any information we get, you're not allowed to complain about it' attitude is a stoopid one.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#46 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Tracer

• 13,129 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:42 AM

Well I'm glad hooking you up with Greg worked out. :P
Spoiler
~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#47 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,938 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:59 AM

Tilius, let's not start an argument, okay? You don't prefer to know this, most of us do, and like all preference things that's okay, and no real point in arguing one is better than the other. (Except... being entertainment... yadda... You know the spiel lol. :P) If for no other reason, knowing things like this will be immensely helpful to those of us who write fanfics. I'm already planning a major purpose of this for my Paracosmos stories. ^_^

I'll be honest, I did not see that one coming.

Spoiler
Good to hear Bionicle news after so long.

Spoiler

#48 Offline Ice the Great

Ice the Great
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 861 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 11:59 AM

All I have to say is...
Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 12:03 PM.
Adding spoiler tags; even though it's just a link best to play it safe. -bones

#49 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:14 PM

Now, this is what you call an unexpected event. Unless... never mind.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#50 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:38 PM

Spoiler

#51 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:41 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#52 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,938 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:46 PM

Spoiler

"Everyone" is not. Just some. Probably it's just because some people convinced themselves Greg would never contact us again so we wouldn't know, so they may have gotten too attached to some alternate theories. :shrugs: (Let this be a lesson to us all not to make assumptions about the future! ^_^)

#53 Offline WORT WORT WORT

WORT WORT WORT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 720 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:47 PM

I spent a min just to stare at my screen in shock. BIONICLE will most definitely be on my mind for a while.

. .

<--- kfghdjkfhdgmn;

#54 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:50 PM

I spent a min just to stare at my screen in shock. BIONICLE will most definitely be on my mind for a while.

I know, right

#55 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,532 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:51 PM

Spoiler
~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#56 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 12:57 PM

Tilius, let's not start an argument, okay? You don't prefer to know this, most of us do, and like all preference things that's okay, and no real point in arguing one is better than the other. (Except... being entertainment... yadda... You know the spiel lol. :P) If for no other reason, knowing things like this will be immensely helpful to those of us who write fanfics. I'm already planning a major purpose of this for my Paracosmos stories. ^_^

I don't particularly not want to know this - I don't care either way - I just think it's an incredibly lazy and unnecessary twist. That's where my problem lies, that and the fact that people are still all OMG THANKS GREG THATS AMAZING when it's not particularly. Given that there's really no story now, this 'twist' is all the more pointless. I mean, it's nice to know after all the OOH WHO IS IT business, but we don't have anything to do with the information, because there's no story anymore. It's good for fanfics, I suppose, but I'm sure fan writers could've come up with this anyway.You get the wrong end of the stick - my problem is the laziness of it, and the AWE of the fanbase at this MASSIVE REVELATION even though it's such a lazy twist. It's not a case of me wanting to know/not wanting to know etc, because I really don't care who it is and whether we know or not. I just don't understand how people are in any way impressed by this 'twist'. It's hardly The Sixth Sense or Bioshock or The Prestige. It's a 'twist' that's been added in for utterly no reason.- Tilius

Edited by Tilius, Aug 27 2012 - 12:59 PM.

stendan.jpg

#57 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 588 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:06 PM

-cough- Okay, now that I've finished shrieking in joy...

Spoiler

Spoiler

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

#58 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:09 PM

I don't particularly not want to know this - I don't care either way - I just think it's an incredibly lazy and unnecessary twist. That's where my problem lies, that and the fact that people are still all OMG THANKS GREG THATS AMAZING when it's not particularly. Given that there's really no story now, this 'twist' is all the more pointless. I mean, it's nice to know after all the OOH WHO IS IT business, but we don't have anything to do with the information, because there's no story anymore. It's good for fanfics, I suppose, but I'm sure fan writers could've come up with this anyway.You get the wrong end of the stick - my problem is the laziness of it, and the AWE of the fanbase at this MASSIVE REVELATION even though it's such a lazy twist. It's not a case of me wanting to know/not wanting to know etc, because I really don't care who it is and whether we know or not. I just don't understand how people are in any way impressed by this 'twist'. It's hardly The Sixth Sense or Bioshock or The Prestige. It's a 'twist' that's been added in for utterly no reason.- Tilius

hey, Greg is not lazy, He is just really busy at the momment. And you should be thankful that the bionicle story was even continued. good day!

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 01:21 PM.
Not starting an argument goes both ways, toa jalokim. Please remember our rules. Post edited. -bones

#59 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,938 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:16 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

it's nice to know after all the OOH WHO IS IT business, but we don't have anything to do with the information, because there's no story anymore. It's good for fanfics, I suppose, but I'm sure fan writers could've come up with this anyway.

Well, sure, but it's good to know, given that it was going to come out anyways. And I agree it would be best to have it revealed in story, but that's probably not gonna happen. Still holding out hope though. ^_^In this case, since we had a contest about it and great ongoing interest, it makes sense to know it. Not that I would want to necessarily close the door on knowing some other secrets. Greg has given us much 'extra' insight over the years besides what's in the story, so we're used to it. :) He can use his judgement on these matters better than us, as we are not in his shoes.

#60 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:18 PM

hey, Greg is not lazy, He is just really busy at the momment. And you should be thankful that the bionicle story was even continued. good day!

Did you read any of my post, or just see the word 'lazy' and jump to conclusions?And I shouldn't be thankful that it was continued if it continues badly, as I've said before. And I said that the twist was lazy, not that Greg was lazy.

Well, sure, but it's good to know, given that it was going to come out anyways. And I agree it would be best to have it revealed in story, but that's probably not gonna happen. Still holding out hope though. ^_^In this case, since we had a contest about it and great ongoing interest, it makes sense to know it. Not that I would want to necessarily close the door on knowing some other secrets. Greg has given us much 'extra' insight over the years besides what's in the story, so we're used to it. :) He can use his judgement on these matters better than us, as we are not in his shoes.

Yep. But it's still a sucky and lazy twist. :biggrin:- Tilius

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 02:20 PM.
I edited toa jalokim's post, and edited as well in the reply, as well as the reply a little. Please remain civil, everybody. Thanks.:) -bones

stendan.jpg

#61 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,681 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:20 PM

Spoiler
Now we just have to wait for Greg to write a chapter. :P

Tywin Lannister

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

Does not approve of your shenanigans

#62 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:26 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#63 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yep. But it's still a sucky and lazy twist. :biggrin:- Tilius

SUCKY?! the only bionicle fans who would read these new serials are the loyal fans!

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 02:16 PM.
Quotes of posts I had later edited removed, and please see Black Six's post below. -bones

#64 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:37 PM

SUCKY?! the only bionicle fans who would read these new serials are the loyal fans!

An excellent, well thought-out response. Congrats.- Tilius

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 02:17 PM.
Quotes of posts I had later edited removed, and please see Black Six's post below. -bones

stendan.jpg

#65 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:43 PM

An excellent, well thought-out response. Congrats.- Tilius

at least I would never lose my faith in bionicle.

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 02:18 PM.
Excessive quoting and quotes of pre-edit posts removed. -bones

#66 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:47 PM

at least I would never lose my faith in bionicle.

So what you're saying is that you're incapable of critical thought? Well done on that, that's something you should definitely be proud of. If you have any more classic one-liners, please PM them to me.- Tilius

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 02:18 PM.
Excessive quoting and quotes of pre-edit posts removed. -bones

stendan.jpg

#67 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,129 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:49 PM

Tilius and toa jalokim - cut it out. This is a discussion about the identity, not your argument about Greg's continuation of the story.

#68 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 128 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 01:51 PM

sorry. anyway, its great to have a new story update.

#69 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:01 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#70 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:08 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#71 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:12 PM

That is awesome. Now we finally know who it is. And I have that set which makes it even better. :D

#72 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,385 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 02:54 PM

Spoiler

Edited by LewaLew, Aug 28 2012 - 10:28 PM.
Fixing a typo with the spoiler tags so they work. -bones

#73 Offline Raiden: Toa of Storms

Raiden: Toa of Storms
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 03:00 PM

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.how to make spoiler?
Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 03:29 PM.
Spoiler tags added. -bones

I could be still alive, or I could be dead. I don't even know myself...

Whoa. My brain hurt thinking about that.

To put it short, I'm kind if like Ciel Phantomhive, but:

+ parents

+ lego

- demon butler

- mansion

+ happy mood 

#74 Offline TLhikan

TLhikan
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,010 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 03:47 PM

That... makes... so... much... sense...-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"
"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

#75 Online farmstink buttlass

farmstink buttlass
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,877 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 03:48 PM

Spoiler

#76 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,938 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hey, guys, instead of saying it has no plot relevance, why don't we instead try to use our imaginations and think of ways it might? I've thought of one already I mentioned earlier. :) I believe Greg would agree with this approach re: his mini-contest about those Kranalike things years ago. ^_^And keep in mind, again, this is a mystery story. It's always been filled with things that might be clues, might not be, that at the time might seem irrelevant. Plus, this is LEGO, it's about imagination anyways. :)And... you never know... we might be able to base a fanon contest on this sometime. ^_^ Got some ideas... we'll see... >_>

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 27 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#77 Offline The_Didact

The_Didact
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 266 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 04:06 PM

it's good news to know who the Great Being, at least. .. a tiny possibility that the BIONICLE series still has a future

Posted Image

#78 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,351 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 04:11 PM

Spoiler
Not trying to be bitter here, but are people seriously complaining about this? First little bit of BIONICLE news we get in a while, and people are still complaining about it. I was just excited for the news...

Edited by T.B.O.C, Aug 27 2012 - 04:15 PM.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#79 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 507 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 04:24 PM

NOO!I prayed that it wouldn't be...rrgh.LEGO likes ruining my favorite characters. Zane, and now this.

Edited by Spinjitzu Master, Aug 27 2012 - 06:46 PM.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#80 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,579 posts

Posted Aug 27 2012 - 05:03 PM

NOO! !!!I prayed that it wouldn't be...rrgh.LEGO likes ruining my favorite characters. Zane, and now this.

Making Zane a robot didn't detract from his character at all - instead, it added.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users