• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

Disguised Great Being The Yesterday Quest Greg Farshtey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
405 replies to this topic

#121 Offline TornadoToad

TornadoToad
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 12:36 PM

Spoiler

#122 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,111 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 12:36 PM

Well, now that the big rabbit is out of the hat, it's time to start wondering: What are this GB's plans? TYQ chapter 3 ended simply with the ominous tone that the GB's plans need to be stopped. What are those plans? How will he reveal himself?And, of course, all of these questions can be easily summed up in one: When do we get the next chapter?

Spoiler

Spoiler

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#123 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 12:41 PM

There is hope... *Samwise the Brave plays in the background*
Spoiler

not a lot of things match my avatar

#124 Offline Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,092 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:06 PM

Aha. I never really made any guesses about who the GB was, but it's still kind of nice to know.
Spoiler

overlordsukapon.png

#125 Offline Starparu

Starparu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,093 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:12 PM

Spoiler
-Star

The Lazy Life of a comic maker
~V3~

The Awesomepocalypse
One Nation under the Great Spirit
Maphrox Comics

These Comics are really worth reading for anyone who wants to ;)
Posted Image
Remember: "All endings are merely beginnings...." - Mata Nui

#126 Offline rednas3636

rednas3636
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 571 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:23 PM

whee reaction from greg =p
I wanted to give thanks to TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff to kinda relive my childhood =p
Posted Image

#127 Offline Jovan2

Jovan2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 253 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:48 PM

Spoiler

#128 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:48 PM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#129 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 01:49 PM

Wow. Personally, I wanted it to be
Spoiler
for a number of reasons. I'm going to look online for a Velika set now.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#130 Offline Linsanity

Linsanity
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,497 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:15 PM

Spoiler
Lol and people thought it was Helryx. :lol-sign:

Edited by King James, Aug 28 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#131 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:24 PM

Spoiler

Eh, I think she was struck out of the running a while back because of the whole incompatible gender and not wanting to devalue the awesome female first Toa.
Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#132 Offline Linsanity

Linsanity
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,497 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:31 PM

Spoiler

Eh, I think she was struck out of the running a while back because of the whole incompatible gender and not wanting to devalue the awesome female first Toa.
Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that I was on the same side as you on my first post. (And I already knew that Helryx wasn't the GB when Greg told us.)So basically, we both agree that Helryx isn't the GB. :)

Edited by King James, Aug 28 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#133 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that I was on the same side as you on my first post.So basically, we both agree that Helryx isn't the GB. :)

Yeah, I knew that, totally. :fear: I caught an implication of it being a theory that continued to prosper up until this topic was posted, is all.
Spoiler

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#134 Offline Methaxx

Methaxx
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 97 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 02:42 PM

Spoiler

#135 Offline tent163phantoka

tent163phantoka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 927 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:01 PM

Fascinating.
Spoiler

#136 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:14 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#137 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,181 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:20 PM

Um... I'm very sorry, but what is this contest that everyone keeps talking about now? XDNice twist an all, but really, am I the only one here that's concerned with how the blazes you got in touch with Greg? I tried sending him a real-life letter and it was fruitless. :PEDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.
Spoiler

Edited by Surreality, Aug 28 2012 - 03:29 PM.

illuminati_bionicle_180.png

#138 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,837 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:36 PM

Um... I'm very sorry, but what is this contest that everyone keeps talking about now? XDNice twist an all, but really, am I the only one here that's concerned with how the blazes you got in touch with Greg? I tried sending him a real-life letter and it was fruitless. :PEDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

Spoiler

That's a fun coincidence! We're working on a system for random factoids like that on BS01, and it's always good to keep in mind (I think KZN02 has a list somewhere). Obviously the meaning is retrospective, but I do enjoy amusing coincidences like that.Anyhow, after the reveal that there was a secret GB in the MU, Greg started a contest on BZP to guess the identity, and he would pick a winner (of the contest, not necessarily the character itself) based on the reasons provided. The contest was eventually abandoned, but the lingering plot thread remained.Personally, when we were deciding what to ask Greg, this is what stuck out most in my mind. It's not entirely important without context, but it's a bit of closure that I appreciated.As for how we got in contact with Greg... meh, if ER wants to say, he can, but I think it's better off leaving it as a mystery. He's sort of done with BIONICLE at this point, so the last thing I'm sure he needs is a bunch of people asking him about it.

Posted Image

#139 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:38 PM

EDIT: ALSO WAIT, HOLY KANOHI.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#140 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,181 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks, man. :)I wonder how I missed that contest... What year did that even take place?And do you think the name was part of the reason they/he chose that particular character?

#141 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:08 PM

Spoiler

And do you think the name was part of the reason they/he chose that particular character?

Almost certainly. LEGO has a long history of that. :)

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#142 Offline Tehurye

Tehurye
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 202 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:20 PM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 04:25 PM.
Whoa now... spoiler tags, people. Spoiler tags. -bones

- From the Office/Lair of Tehurye: The Talkative Scholar

mca.png

#143 Offline Vostrakha The Impossible

Vostrakha The Impossible
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 70 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:21 PM

Well, the identity of the GB's Biosector01 page has been editted already. Go on to Biosector01.com at your own risk

#144 Offline TheShadowedOne1

TheShadowedOne1
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 92 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm actually quite speechless. A very interesting twist on Greg's part. Never would've seen good, old riddle speaker as the hidden Great Being. Now all that we need is the identity of the trigger man who killed Tren Krom and Karzahni. Then Bionicle can finally die peacefully, because for all our sake, finish the story already!

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 28 2012 - 04:27 PM.
Do not bypass the filter. -bones

Posted Image
Credit goes to Zeddy for this banner.

#145 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:27 PM

Everybody please remember spoiler tags. Some of you have even been quoting people who used them, so you know you're supposed to, but forgetting them. It's good to type the tags before anything else so you don't forget. :)Thanks.

#146 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks, man. :)I wonder how I missed that contest... What year did that even take place?And do you think the name was part of the reason they/he chose that particular character?

February of last year (The link I just gave will log you out of BZP because it is the BZP archives, so make sure to use another browser or go into incognito mode to view it)

jlovfkk.jpg

#147 Offline Vartemp

Vartemp
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 237 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:33 PM

Just lol
Spoiler

Edited by Silver Surfer (Vartemp), Aug 28 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#148 Offline TheShadowedOne1

TheShadowedOne1
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 92 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:33 PM

So with secret divulged, will we actually get anymore? Because if he has no power and time to write serials, he should really just reveal who the killer is and more because waiting that long for an answer is ridiculous. End the story so people like me can continue it in their own way.

Posted Image

#149 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,181 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:36 PM

Perhaps someone can add the little piece of info regarding the (probable) name etymology into the trivia section of you-know-whose BS01 page? :)

#150 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,237 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:38 PM

Spoiler
Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#151 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:40 PM

Spoiler

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#152 Offline Starparu

Starparu
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,093 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:43 PM

So with secret divulged, will we actually get anymore? Because if he has no power and time to write serials, he should really just reveal who the killer is and more because waiting that long for an answer is ridiculous. End the story so people like me can continue it in their own way.

This. I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned. I think then that BIONICLE, for me at least, can finally feel like it has definitive closure. This was a huge step though.-Star

The Lazy Life of a comic maker
~V3~

The Awesomepocalypse
One Nation under the Great Spirit
Maphrox Comics

These Comics are really worth reading for anyone who wants to ;)
Posted Image
Remember: "All endings are merely beginnings...." - Mata Nui

#153 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. It's not the most satisfying ending by far, but I'd prefer knowing all the variables over waiting for who knows how long until there's an update. At least then I know that if there is an update my personal continuation won't be completely wrecked if my current guess as to the murderer is is incorrect.I wouldn't reaaally mind the other loose plot threads being left to dangle because they're inviting me like a cat's invited by a twitching line of yarn; the identity of the killer is like a missing thread I need before I can start my own attempt at continuing where the braid left off.... okay this is my last post for the day I swear, where am I even getting these metaphors...

#154 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,186 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well that's news to me!! Er... I've forgotten who he is... http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/blush.png

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#155 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 04:57 PM

This. I hope that he will just name the Murderer and maybe give a short synopsis of what was planned. I think then that BIONICLE, for me at least, can finally feel like it has definitive closure. This was a huge step though.-Star

I agree -- but preferably only if Greg seriously thinks he won't have time to finish the unfinished stories. I think it's quite possible he'll find the time. :)

#156 Offline TheShadowedOne1

TheShadowedOne1
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 92 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:12 PM

I agree -- but preferably only if Greg seriously thinks he won't have time to finish the unfinished stories. I think it's quite possible he'll find the time. :)

True. However, that seems highly unlikely considering that his last chapter was nearly a year ago and he's far too busy to make another. Ending it now with whatever spoilers he has left would just bring Bionicle to a good close, at least, for the time being.

Posted Image

#157 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well, if he's too busy. We aren't in his shoes to know. :)

#158 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 559 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:26 PM

When you finally et theanswer lots of questions pop inside your mind, anyway thanks a ton Erebus, I felt like it wasn´t correct to spiler myself but it´s been so long since last update I could´nt help but to find the truth, GregF wherever you are I hope you know how much we still appreciate you and await anxiously our return!!!!!

new_sign_310714.jpg

#159 Offline Lewa Krom

Lewa Krom
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:27 PM

I don't think Greg has the authority to end the story. One, Lego left the story going so that they could possibly revive it in the future (there have been several reasons that both BZPers and Greg have speculated as to why this may be). Two, Greg is not allowed to reveal the "true nature of the Great Beings" so he's not just going to reveal everything now. That lends itself to the probability that Lego doesn't want to give Bionicle up, IMO.
Spoiler
Let's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom

Edited by Lewa Krom, Aug 28 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

#160 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,880 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 28 2012 - 05:32 PM

I don't think Greg has the authority to end the story.

No no, we're talking about ending the existing serials. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users