Spherus Magna Native Biology

What do we know about the physical characteristics of Agori, Glatorian, and the other natives of Spherus Magna? I think Greg says they have hair, but where does it grow? Just on top of their heads? Can they grow beards, too? Armpit hair? And is the color of their head in the set supposed to be the color of their skin?Going by the set forms, they seem to have large feet, though we can't tell how much of that is boot. Compared to human proportions, Agori seem to have large hands while Glatorian have small heads. I think their faces are supposed to look more organic than the faces in the set do, but going by the basic details of that piece, they have wide jaws, large, square, wide-spaced nostrils on a flat nose, and large, sort of rectangular eyes that might not have visible pupils.And another question: are the bug-like mandibles of Vorox and Zesk actually part of them, or just part of their helmets?What else do we know or can we assume about these beings?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I seem to recall they're basically the reverse of Matoran in terms of organic percentage. Matoran are 85% mechanical, 15% organic, Agori are 85% Organic and 15% Mechancial. The sets have never matched up to this fact. I believe there's an interesting topic in General Art which is trying to make a 3D model of a more organic Agori.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I seem to recall they're basically the reverse of Matoran in terms of organic percentage. Matoran are 85% mechanical, 15% organic, Agori are 85% Organic and 15% Mechancial.The sets have never matched up to this fact. I believe there's an interesting topic in General Art which is trying to make a 3D model of a more organic Agori.
Correct about the percentages, but it mainly refers to their insides. Externally Agori/Glatorian are armor covered entirely so you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference at a glance.As to the topic questions.... all I can say is excellent questions we probably don't have answers to. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As to the topic questions.... all I can say is excellent questions we probably don't have answers to. :shrugs:
Ah, but bonesiii, that's what speculation is for! And if we can agree on what makes sense, we might be able to get it into canon by the sheer force of our agreement and Greg deciding to throw it in...Ahem. Back to the facts. I think I read on the archive that Spherus Magna natives had metallic bones which made for most of that 15% metal, and optional implants made up the rest.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Each Glatorian has varying physical strength, tactics, weaponry and personal physical capabilities. A Glatorian's body is made up of largely organic tissues, but also contains varying amounts of permanent mechanical implants, such as implants that increase muscle endurance or agility. All Glatorian have a metallic bone structure.....AND...Like most species living on Bara Magna, Agori are completely organic with some mechanical implants. They have a metallic bone structure. Agori are hardy workers, and can adapt well to changes. The world they were left in following the disaster that destroyed the planet made them very cynical, and they grew disillusioned to many aspects of life.....And...Bone Hunters are similar in stature to Agori, but possess greater strength, sense of smell, and tactical abilities. They are not of the same species as the Rock Agori, but are distantly related to them, possessing shared traits such as metallic bones. Bone Hunters use Rock Steeds as mounts. Several Bone Hunters also have a special ocular implant, which acts as an inner eyelid that helps protect their eyes from the hot desert sun. Bone Hunters have their own language....and...Bone Hunters are similar in stature to Agori, but possess greater strength, sense of smell, and tactical abilities. They are not of the same species as the Rock Agori, but are distantly related to them, possessing shared traits such as metallic bones. Bone Hunters use Rock Steeds as mounts. Several Bone Hunters also have a special ocular implant, which acts as an inner eyelid that helps protect their eyes from the hot desert sun. Bone Hunters have their own language....and...There are a number of different classes of Skrall each with their own unique abilities and physique (though all share a metallic bone structure). Skrall of each class vary in appearance from their fellow members.One of these classes is one comprised of the leaders and the rulers. The members of this class are bulkier and are much stronger than the other classes. They were also able to give names to any worthy member of a lower class. After the assault by the Baterra, all but one of these leaders were destroyed, leaving Tuma sole commander of the Skrall.Another class is the elite special forces, of which there are very few. The special forces class possess enhanced physical abilities, as well as a higher intelligence. As a result of their higher skill level, most of them are named.There is also a smaller, but more abundant class that act as the soldiers. These Skrall are considerably faster and stronger than most other species on Bara Magna, and are frequent victors in combat. Secondary armor colors can also differ within the warrior Skrall class.The females possess limited psionic abilities, being able to create powerful mental assaults and illusions. The female Skrall have little interest in conquest, and avoid open conflict, instead letting their enemies battle each other.
Do these BSO1 details help? The most relevant detail is metalic bones, and details on implants (sorry for the cultural details, but they come with the physical.)

Keep in mind that the metallic bones are a natural organic type of metallics (or semi-metallics); this was canonized via the Story Squad. I don't believe we considered it part of the 15% mechanical. That is just the added armor and implants. But the naturally metallic bones probably helped inspire the idea in their culture to add the mechanical things later.

Ah, but bonesiii, that's what speculation is for! And if we can agree on what makes sense, we might be able to get it into canon by the sheer force of our agreement and Greg deciding to throw it in...
I agree, I'm just torn on which way to go on those questions. Any ideas?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Greg confirmed that they wear clothes and have skin:

4.) In Bionicle: Desert of Danger, Metus says..."Around here the monsters don't wear masks ... or hats, or pants, or anything else. And they eat you because they're hungry and you're nearby. Got it?"— MetusThis implies that the aforementioned clothing items may be used among SM inhabitants. My question is, do SM inhabitants commonly use clothing items such as those mentioned above?
4) Yes. You wear fabric under the armor. You don't wear armor against bare skin in a desert, you would fry your skin right off.
There was another quote somewhere about them having hair, but I suspect that they shave it off in order for their heads to fit in their helmets, except maybe for some lazy female Rapunzels (before the Core war, and whatnot).I suspect the bug-like mandibles are part of their helmets, because Vorox are probably too insane to make their own helmets, and the tribe that does make helmets doesn't like them. Further, there is no evidence for bug-like qualities among other tribes of Glatorian and Agori. Edited by fishers64

Ah, but bonesiii, that's what speculation is for! And if we can agree on what makes sense, we might be able to get it into canon by the sheer force of our agreement and Greg deciding to throw it in...
I agree, I'm just torn on which way to go on those questions. Any ideas?
Hrmmm. (Hopefully not actually against canon speculative thoughts follow!)My personal image of MU natives is movies 1-3, and how SM natives relate to that is "pretty much exactly the same at a glance but any more than that and they're almost exactly in each other's uncanny valley". An armored Agori and a typical Matoran would look pretty similar from a distance and could be mistaken for the same species, but closer up there are just enough differences that they'll focus on everything weird about each other. Armor hangs strangely on Agori -- heck, hangs period -- where on Matoran it's much more part of their body and it's clear it's not really removable. Agori have human-like eyes, Matoran don't. I have this thought that Agori noses are kind of squashed and snakeish, like with movie Voldemort's except maybe with a bit of an actual jut. I blame the sets for that. Don't ask me about their skin color, I haven't decided on anything there.
I suspect that they shave it off in order for their heads to fit in their helmets, except maybe for some lazy female Rapunzels (before the Core war, and whatnot).
Neeeaah. Short for both genders I can see to keep it from needing much maintenance, but it's a waste of perfectly good natural head covering to shave it completely. See: the thing you quoted about wearing fabric under armor. Fried scalp is just as nasty.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I suspect the bug-like mandibles are part of their helmets, because Vorox are probably too insane to make their own helmets, and the tribe that does make helmets doesn't like them. Further, there is no evidence for bug-like qualities among other tribes of Glatorian and Agori.
Good points. Which tribe makes helmets again, though?Come to think of it I've never really pictured the Vorox as heaving clothes and helmets, though it seems they must. So they're more like the wild humans in Lord of the Rings than truly beast-ified beings. But anyways, helmet theory is probably the right answer there.As for the hair, maybe the most logical theory would be that it's just on the heads? As that is the only part that it looks easy to remove the armor to shave for example. And I tend to doubt beards are possible, but who knows... You'd think that if they could grow beards, having lived so many thousands of years, some would have gotten tired of shaving their faces, but they are all smoothfaced.
Neeeaah. Short for both genders I can see to keep it from needing much maintenance, but it's a waste of perfectly good natural head covering to shave it completely. See: the thing you quoted about wearing fabric under armor. Fried scalp is just as nasty.
Good points. So, perhaps instead of cloth under the helmets they have a sort of mat of somewhat short hair, and remove the helmet from time to time to get a haircut. Edited by bonesiii

Well, the 15% mechanical ratio is just what's typical - they're natural creatures, born completely organic. As for the Vorox mandibles, judging by the scene in the Legend Reborn when one attacks Mata Nui, at least the tips of their tails are mechanical. Maybe those jaws are too?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

As for the hair, maybe the most logical theory would be that it's just on the heads? As that is the only part that it looks easy to remove the armor to shave for example. And I tend to doubt beards are possible, but who knows... You'd think that if they could grow beards, having lived so many thousands of years, some would have gotten tired of shaving their faces, but they are all smoothfaced.
Good points. So, perhaps instead of cloth under the helmets they have a sort of mat of somewhat short hair, and remove the helmet from time to time to get a haircut.
On beards: I'm suddenly leaning towards a bearded Ackar and I'm not sure why. (Wait, no, yes I am, it's because it would be awesome.) Visual depictions that are set-accurate don't really count in my mind as being marks against the possibility, and I don't think anything in the written works explicitly states against it. It never being mentioned when it might be reasonable to do so is, however, somewhat inconvenient.On cushioning against helmets: e-yup. Basically they'd have a species-wide case of helmet hair, kept somewhat in check by keeping the amount of hair to a minimum. Possibly a layer of cloth in the inside of the helmet anyway to further reduce chafing.On other hair: Human hair usually keeps itself to a relative minimum everywhere except the head and shaving it is something some people do for whatever reasons they have, so (assuming Agori/Glatorian are humanish) it's entirely possible that {character of your choice} has furry arms/legs to rival the best of 'em.

I think that the Vorox's mandibles are part of their helmets. I mean, they used to be Glatorian, right?
According to BS01 there's no past tense about it, they're just mentally savage and animalistic. I can see them being cunning little vicious things who can think enough for "this is scary, let's all wear this". Those stinger tails are apparently the fault of the Great Beings, though... innnteresting. (I'm thinking they're monkeyesque tails with a sharp, bony protrusion on the end.) They do appear to be bipedal, though. Zesk, now... Zesk are quadripedal in addition to having tails. This is also the fault of the GBs and probably happened at about the same time as the tails, so even the ones on Bota Magna are still on all fours.

I think that the Vorox's mandibles are part of their helmets. I mean, they used to be Glatorian, right?
According to BS01 there's no past tense about it, they're just mentally savage and animalistic. I can see them being cunning little vicious things who can think enough for "this is scary, let's all wear this". Those stinger tails are apparently the fault of the Great Beings, though... innnteresting. (I'm thinking they're monkeyesque tails with a sharp, bony protrusion on the end.) They do appear to be bipedal, though. Zesk, now... Zesk are quadripedal in addition to having tails. This is also the fault of the GBs and probably happened at about the same time as the tails, so even the ones on Bota Magna are still on all fours.
I was under the impression that the devolved. I mean, BS01 could be wrong. Maybe it was mentally devolving, not physically, like you said. Not that I think about it, it never really specified.

Given the long lifespan of these beings, it was probably mental devolution. As for the mandibles, what makes most sense to me is for them to be mechanical, but implanted into the jaws of the Vorox so they can be controlled, instead of just being decorative additions to helmets.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Given the long lifespan of these beings, it was probably mental devolution. As for the mandibles, what makes most sense to me is for them to be mechanical, but implanted into the jaws of the Vorox so they can be controlled, instead of just being decorative additions to helmets.
Possible, but not sure the GBs would have done that.I think the purpose of the added tail was to protect the Vorox and to keep them from going extinct.
I suspect the bug-like mandibles are part of their helmets, because Vorox are probably too insane to make their own helmets, and the tribe that does make helmets doesn't like them. Further, there is no evidence for bug-like qualities among other tribes of Glatorian and Agori.
Good points. Which tribe makes helmets again, though?
Fire Tribe forges metal weapons, so I'm pretty sure that they would forge the metal needed for helmets. That metal, however, used to come from the Iron tribe and no longer does, so not sure how they would make them now.As for hair, they could just wear hats between the head and helmet - maybe it's a matter of personal choice there. And one doesn't get tired of shaving one's face easily in desert heat. Hair traps heat close to the skin, and they probably would wish to avoid getting fried any worse than normal. (I live in a desert, so I would kinda know...) It may be, though, the same sort of idea - their helmets cover their faces, right? They might have beards under their helmets that we don't see.

And one doesn't get tired of shaving one's face easily in desert heat.
I sit corrected.(I don't stand corrected because I'm not standing. Okay. :P)
It may be, though, the same sort of idea - their helmets cover their faces, right? They might have beards under their helmets that we don't see.
Makes sense. Some of them anyways.

Wait, would they even need hair in the first place?
Who says it's about need? But they would have had it before they had the idea to add implants and armor and suchnot. They might have it for the same reasons we do.

About the source of their metal, didn't the Iron Tribe die out years before the Core War? Surely, the other tribes would mine for themselves if there was no other way to get it.Also, this isn't really about biology, but I was wondering about the appearance of the Bone Hunters. They all look the same in the comics and the movie, but is that a simplification? As they're a bunch of wasteland raiders and scavengers (reminded myself of a certain game series there :P), I doubt they would wear a uniform like that.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Yeah, it was defined as 85% organic, 15% mechanical. They have lungs, brains, muscles, and I believe some sort of gastrointestinal kind of system, as they eat in the same sense that we do. As per hair or skin color, I'm not sure.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I know Greg says they have hair. I think he says they're mammals, but not as sure about that.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I see them as a sort of reptile-like mammal. Their looks are vaguely reptilian, and also, it may explain somewhat the thumbs in the bottom-middle of the palm they have instead of ones off to the side like we do. It sort of reminds me of some dinosaurs, with the claw on the heel of the foot and all. So, if you imagine a small claw on a foreleg becoming smaller and more flexible, and a forefoot shrinking over time to become the palm of a hand, you have the middle-thumb and long hand of a Glatorian or Agori.Add this to the fact that dinosaurs and reptiles are very common on Bara/Spherus Magna, meaning that perhaps reptilian features were required for survival or perhaps the planet's environment required that, and I find that the idea of a reptilian mammal could be somewhat plausible.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Good points. Which tribe makes helmets again, though?Come to think of it I've never really pictured the Vorox as heaving clothes and helmets, though it seems they must. So they're more like the wild humans in Lord of the Rings than truly beast-ified beings. But anyways, helmet theory is probably the right answer there.As for the hair, maybe the most logical theory would be that it's just on the heads? As that is the only part that it looks easy to remove the armor to shave for example. And I tend to doubt beards are possible, but who knows... You'd think that if they could grow beards, having lived so many thousands of years, some would have gotten tired of shaving their faces, but they are all smoothfaced.
Good points. So, perhaps instead of cloth under the helmets they have a sort of mat of somewhat short hair, and remove the helmet from time to time to get a haircut.
Weren't the Vorox altered by the Great Beings? I'd think that serves as an explanation for the manidbles.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Well, the 15% mechanical ratio is just what's typical - they're natural creatures, born completely organic. As for the Vorox mandibles, judging by the scene in the Legend Reborn when one attacks Mata Nui, at least the tips of their tails are mechanical. Maybe those jaws are too?
Actually, in TLR, the visual representations of the characters were not very accurate, as they resembled the sets (i.e. looked like giant walking toys), and not the proper 85% organic and 15% mechanic proportions.
I see them as a sort of reptile-like mammal. Their looks are vaguely reptilian, and also, it may explain somewhat the thumbs in the bottom-middle of the palm they have instead of ones off to the side like we do. It sort of reminds me of some dinosaurs, with the claw on the heel of the foot and all. So, if you imagine a small claw on a foreleg becoming smaller and more flexible, and a forefoot shrinking over time to become the palm of a hand, you have the middle-thumb and long hand of a Glatorian or Agori.Add this to the fact that dinosaurs and reptiles are very common on Bara/Spherus Magna, meaning that perhaps reptilian features were required for survival or perhaps the planet's environment required that, and I find that the idea of a reptilian mammal could be somewhat plausible.
Again, I think the middle thumb thing was more inclined towards the fact that lego didn't want to make two different molds for the hand, instead of canon accuracy. Other than that, I think your theory is quite plausible.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

You're right, the Legend Reborn characters weren't that accurate, because the sets should have looked more organic. (I wish they would have been more true to the sets in the first three movies and made the characters look more organic in the fourth.) But that doesn't mean that the ends of Vorox tails aren't mechanical or they don't have thumbs in the middle of their hand. Though I don't think they're reptilian, because Toa and Matoran are based on them, and other beings in the Matoran Universe are described as reptilian (in comparison to Matoran, I assume, but these beings can't really be reptiles or mammals anyway).

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

oooh, never thought about the middle thumbs that way. and looking at their boots, that would also make a great deal of sense.also, (anyone religious ignore this) look at early mammals on earth, as they evolved from reptiles. they really were in an "in between" state between mammals and reptiles, and this is where i place the agori/glatorian/skrall/bone hunters. Also, thinking about it, i'm liking the idea of them having a very fine fur coat over scaly skin, like the early mammals of earth.
According to BS01 there's no past tense about it, they're just mentally savage and animalistic. I can see them being cunning little vicious things who can think enough for "this is scary, let's all wear this". Those stinger tails are apparently the fault of the Great Beings, though... interesting. (I'm thinking they're monkeyesque tails with a sharp, bony protrusion on the end.) They do appear to be bipedal, though. Zesk, now... Zesk are quadrupedal in addition to having tails. This is also the fault of the GBs and probably happened at about the same time as the tails, so even the ones on Bota Magna are still on all fours.
the stingers are from the GBs, yes, but i was always under the impression that they were mechanical, die to the fact that it sparked when damaged in TLR. i really like your explanation though, it makes a lot of sense.Also, to point out something, i was one of the people who canonized the metallic bones thing, to help explain how the characters had organic weapons that were so ornate and durable. Pretty much, all SM life WITH bones has metallic bones.By extension, i would take that to mean that any SM life without bones, but with an exoskeleton, would have a metallic exoskeleton.

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

Weren't the Vorox altered by the Great Beings? I'd think that serves as an explanation for the manidbles.
I sincerely doubt that even the GBs would make the Vorox look like bugs. Remember how Click was treated in TLR? I think it is more likely that the helmet makers were making fun of them. :(

I sincerely doubt that even the GBs would make the Vorox look like bugs. Remember how Click was treated in TLR? I think it is more likely that the helmet makers were making fun of them. :(
i swear i remember reading that the pinchers/mandibles on sand tribers was part of their helmets, but all those parts could actually move, and were somehting they DID use. also, i've always been under the impression that the sand-tribal helmets predated the tails...

teachandroid.jpg

i swear i remember reading that the pinchers/mandibles on sand tribers was part of their helmets, but all those parts could actually move, and were somehting they DID use.also, i've always been under the impression that the sand-tribal helmets predated the tails...
Evidence? I don't recall from TLR the Vorox's mandibles moving.

I just wanted to state that the reptilian-mammal thing is impossible due to a few things. One, reptilians are cold-blooded, mammals are warm-blooded. This is because of their bone structure, dermis type, senses, reproduction, habitats, and habits. Two, the mixing of certain characteristics in these types of animals would be contradictory to other characteristics also needed, such as the slightly different digestive systems, reproduction (yes, there are some exceptions such as the echidna), and, again, being cold-blooded. Third (okay, this really isn't three, but I'm gonna keep to a few), none of the Glatorian/Agori are mentioned sunbathing to wram themselves up again. And how would Surel survive in the Black Spike Mountains? Four, not all animals needed to be reptilian, because the Wasteland Wolves had fur.If this came out as offensive, I'm really sorry and I did not intend for it to be.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Evidence? I don't recall from TLR the Vorox's mandibles moving.
I thought they did, but I can't remember for sure. I could look up a clip of the movie, but I'd better go to bed now. I'll do it tomorrow if I remember.
I just wanted to state that the reptilian-mammal thing is impossible due to a few things. One, reptilians are cold-blooded, mammals are warm-blooded. This is because of their bone structure, dermis type, senses, reproduction, habitats, and habits. Two, the mixing of certain characteristics in these types of animals would be contradictory to other characteristics also needed, such as the slightly different digestive systems, reproduction (yes, there are some exceptions such as the echidna), and, again, being cold-blooded. Third (okay, this really isn't three, but I'm gonna keep to a few), none of the Glatorian/Agori are mentioned sunbathing to wram themselves up again. And how would Surel survive in the Black Spike Mountains? Four, not all animals needed to be reptilian, because the Wasteland Wolves had fur.If this came out as offensive, I'm really sorry and I did not intend for it to be.
So it's possible the Glatorian and Agori are somewhat reptilian. But I also don't think they are, and as you pointed out we have mammals (at least, I strongly expect creatures called wolves are mammals) on Spherus Magna. Edited by bonesiii
We can't discuss those things here. -bones

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

And that birds are warm-blooded? That is what I am mainly talking about. I didn't suggest they were lizards but also mammals at the same time (sorry for the confusion there! I should have brought more attention to that part of the suggestion). I suggested that they are mammals with a few reptilian qualities. They'd probably have different internal organs and such and not have the same gizzards as the average gecko.And yes, not all creatures were reptiles. But a high number that we have seen were reptilian in looks, which is what I said, not that every single living creature that ever existed on that planet was a lizard. I am sorry that I misled you- I do see that when I stated that reptilian features were needed to survive, I used some very, very bad wording. I should have pointed out that, no, not every single creature evolves the same way, and not all of them are the same. So yes, I know there are other creatures on Spherus Magna that are not reptiles, nor do they look reptilian. Just as on Earth, not everything is mammalian. I'm very sorry for my wording. I should have checked that over. My goodness, now that I look at the last bit of my post, I can see where you came from with it. Ooch. I really should have checked my post over.But, you know, thank you for pointing those out! That gave me an excuse to flesh out my theories. Thank you very much! Edited by bonesiii
Do not discuss controversial subjects. -bones

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

well said zippy.and as for my theory, well, if you didn't know they had hair/were mammals, they certainly SEEM reptilian, don't they? espically the skrall/bone huntersand while we know they reproduce biologically, it was never (AFAIK) stated that they DON'T lay eggs... and i've always loved the concept of a baby skrall hatching. ;) certainly makes more sense with how their scocuety works too, doesn't it?

teachandroid.jpg

Cratak, just to note, it's fiction, so if Greg wanted to make them reptilian and mammalian he could. You gave lots of details about -real-world- reptiles and mammals, but those do not live on Spherus Magna. There are probably some of both, but let's keep in mind these are completely alien to Earth life, so such terms don't even need to apply at all. As for sunbathing, any animal can do that and both reptiles and mammals do. (Reptiles to warm their blood; mammals to warm the rest of them.)Let's also note that we cannot discuss controversial issues here, which that conversation was straying into and had to be edited.Anywho, Agori/Glatorian themselves are not reptilian by the usual meaning since they do not have scales. Whether they have unestablished traits as aliens in common with real-world reptiles is unknown. I'd consider it unlikely.

Cratak, just to note, it's fiction, so if Greg wanted to make them reptilian and mammalian he could. You gave lots of details about -real-world- reptiles and mammals, but those do not live on Spherus Magna. There are probably some of both, but let's keep in mind these are completely alien to Earth life, so such terms don't even need to apply at all. As for sunbathing, any animal can do that and both reptiles and mammals do. (Reptiles to warm their blood; mammals to warm the rest of them.)Let's also note that we cannot discuss controversial issues here, which that conversation was straying into and had to be edited.Anywho, Agori/Glatorian themselves are not reptilian by the usual meaning since they do not have scales. Whether they have unestablished traits as aliens in common with real-world reptiles is unknown. I'd consider it unlikely.
Sorry, forgot about that. sighw.gif

fmstaticbanner1.jpg