Great Being Revealed!

If you're a front page-lurker, you've no doubt noticed by now that Bionicle is dead. It's almost sad how long it's been since the "Bionicle News" part of our title has been relevant. Greg has still had permission to continue the story on his own time, and today we're finally relevant again, even if only for a fleeting moment: Our very own Forum Mentor Erebus has been communicating with Greg for the past several weeks, and he's managed to glean a small but valuable piece of information. Go ahead and check the topic for more information, and please remember to use spoiler tags!View the full article

If you're a front page-lurker, you've no doubt noticed by now that Bionicle is dead.
I found this to be insulting. Saying it on the front page for LEGO employees to see only makes things worse. It's like the general populace doesn't even want it to come back!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

If you're a front page-lurker, you've no doubt noticed by now that Bionicle is dead.
I found this to be insulting. Saying it on the front page for LEGO employees to see only makes things worse. It's like the general populace doesn't even want it to come back!
Please show me a accurate number of Bionicle related news articles that aren't fan based that have been published this year alone. Once you have that number, please come back and tell me Bionicle isn't dead. The sets are gone, and the story is somewhat in a stand-still. Only aspect of it not being dead is that the fans here and across the board are making projects to keep it alive. Open your eyes.In other news, I am very glad to hear this! Always a good day to hear from Greg!sig.png Edited by Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

It's not that it's not dead, Makuta of Oz, but that it might come back to life. :) I'm sure it wasn't meant as an insult, so you shouldn't take it as one. Some of us need to learn not to try to see enemies everywhere... it creates conflict even if none was there to begin with. Instead, give people the benefit of the doubt. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I do not agree that it is dead...It is still thriving in the fans, and that might very well be all it needs to stay alive for ages.As for the revelation, it is still shocking. Was one of my favorite characters, but I suppose it makes sense.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Please show me a accurate number of Bionicle related news articles that aren't fan based that have been published this year alone. Once you have that number, please come back and tell me Bionicle isn't dead. The sets are gone, and the story is somewhat in a stand-still. Only aspect of it not being dead is that the fans here and across the board are making projects to keep it alive. Open your eyes.In other news, I am very glad to hear this! Always a good day to hear from Greg!sig.png
This news alone proves it isn't dead. We are all keeping it alive in our continued dedication to it, and this news shoes that the story will continue. And who knows, maybe someday even the sets will return.
I miss BIONICLE.

Please show me a accurate number of Bionicle related news articles that aren't fan based that have been published this year alone. Once you have that number, please come back and tell me Bionicle isn't dead. The sets are gone, and the story is somewhat in a stand-still. Only aspect of it not being dead is that the fans here and across the board are making projects to keep it alive. Open your eyes.In other news, I am very glad to hear this! Always a good day to hear from Greg!sig.png
This news alone proves it isn't dead. We are all keeping it alive in our continued dedication to it, and this news shoes that the story will continue. And who knows, maybe someday even the sets will return.
I do aswell agree it isn't dead. It is just that Oz needs to stop freaking out about these things. The fanbase has been doing a great job keeping it alive over the last 2 years.But anyways. I said in another topic that we should see if Erebus can tell Greg that we thank him for remembering us and giving us this info! I think he'd appreciate it.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Bionicle has passed on! It is no more! It has ceased to be! Its expired and gone to meet its maker! Its a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain. Bionicle is a Ex-Theme.Interesting bit about the Great Being. Shame it couldn't have been revealed in the actual serial, but I wasn't too impressed with the sudden "Who's the hidden GB" mystery anyway.:music:

I do not agree that it is dead...It is still thriving in the fans, and that might very well be all it needs to stay alive for ages.
The official story is pretty much dead, I don't think fans matter.
Guys, do you realize you're just arguing about words? :P One of you means that it lives on in we fans. The other means that official Bionicle story is dead. No objective reason either has to be right and the other wrong; words can have more than one meaning. Fans do matter to fans, and that's what SM meant. :)Fans matter to LEGO too, though; notice how we kept alive the discussion about the GB, and Greg answered. :) If we show continued interest, LEGO will notice. It might not ever be enough for Bionicle to officially return (as old fans like us are a tiny minority), though, so that's important to keep in mind. :)So you're both right, you're just using different definitions of words. :) Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, I was starting to forget what update meant. But it's great to finally have one! I had a hunch it would be a Matoran. And not to mention it revives interest in one of those characters we only saw in half of 2006. And, for a character not seen for five years, this is quite a retcon. In a good way.On BIONICLE being "dead," Velika himself would say, "A blade burrower who digs his whole life will won't learn to fly."

Please include all spoilers inside spoiler tags. -B6

Edited by Black Six

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It's like the general populace doesn't even want it to come back!
That's because they don't.Anyway! I still think this was the wrong piece of information to ask for/receive, but that doesn't make the fact that we got something less significant. It's cool, for what it is.

AXKP5KC.png

It was the thing that stuck out most in my mind. I know we have a lot of open plot threads and stuff, but this to me was a concrete piece of information that could be doled out in a single chunk, and didn't require any particular context, but still provided a bit of closure.If we can get any more information, we'll obviously let everybody know, but this was probably the least we could ask for.

It was the thing that stuck out most in my mind. I know we have a lot of open plot threads and stuff, but this to me was a concrete piece of information that could be doled out in a single chunk, and didn't require any particular context, but still provided a bit of closure.If we can get any more information, we'll obviously let everybody know, but this was probably the least we could ask for.
The thing is, we were left with two big mysteries when Bionicle went on a comma:The identities of the GB and the murderer. The murderer already had some plot significance, while the Great Being was just kind of a dangling thread that could maybe have some significance at some point, but only if the story had continued. If we were to gain any sort of closure, I think most people would have preferred to learn who was it that killed Tren Krom and Karzahni--in comparison, the GB in disguise is a very trivial fact. Of course, it does have the whole "there was a contest about this" thing going on, which also probably was a reason why this was the tidbit provided to us.Again, I'm not saying this is bad information in any way--it's just sort of irrelevant, and the alternative would have been, in my opinion, more interesting. Edited by undyingUmbrage

AXKP5KC.png

Undying Umbrage, Greg had a contest about the GB's identity, not about any of the other loose threads (of which there are more than one important ones). But we may very learn more about the others with time. Patience (it was rewarded once, perhaps it will be again :)).Re: Mak below -- there's more to my post than that which is my main point. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The thing is, we were left with two big mysteries when Bionicle went on a comma: The identities of the GB and the murderer.
Um, aren't we forgetting something here? Like, say, the little matter involving the Red Star, a not-so-dead Marvah, and an actual explanation for the multiple resurections during the climax of Mask Of Light? :P

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

The thing is, we were left with two big mysteries when Bionicle went on a comma: The identities of the GB and the murderer.
Um, aren't we forgetting something here? Like, say, the little matter involving the Red Star, a not-so-dead Marvah, and an actual explanation for the multiple resurections during the climax of Mask Of Light? :P
I agree. We are still missing alot, unfortunately. Mavrah's revival was a shock to me, and I want to know what is going on...Hopefully an update will happen soon (most likely in the next 5-6 months).

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Those things really aren't simple enough that they could be summed up in one word, while names would just suffice for the two mysteries I mentioned. Besides, Mavrah isn't even much of a mystery--Greg unkilled a character. Million ways that could have happened.
Well, there's also the idea that the two might be one and the same =P.
True. Honestly, I'd like some confirmation either way for that too. Really, I wouldn't have minded if Greg had said "This guy is the Great Being, who is also the murderer." Bam. Murdered two gukko with one stone. (Not that that'd be very satisfying.)@Spinjitsu Master I really doubt that'll happen. The fact that Greg gave away such a potentially significant plot point indicates he doesn't plan on continuing the story anytime soon. Edited by undyingUmbrage

AXKP5KC.png

Those things really aren't simple enough that they could be summed up in one word, while names would just suffice for the two mysteries I mentioned.
That wouldn't really suffice at all in the case of the murderer. It would be nice, but just like we want to know what the GB's plan is, we would also want to know what the murderer's motives and methods are. Again, it boils down to that there was a contest about the GB, so it isn't really comparable to these other things. But still, I agree it would be good to know them. I just think the top priority for the others would be to wait until Greg has time to finish the ongoing serials. Just releasing sketches of what was planned would be the second option I'd want, if the first proves impossible. :)
Besides, Mavrah isn't even much of a mystery--Greg unkilled a character. Million ways that could have happened.
Yeah, but he's not just revived like Jaller but he's on the Red Star of all places. There's probably some personal preference at play here, but to me and I think most others, that is just as big a mystery on our lists. :)
The fact that Greg gave away such a potentially significant plot point indicates he doesn't plan on continuing the story anytime soon.
Yet others say it indicates the exact opposite, that now he's had a little more time. I expected it to happen at about that time in regards to the contest. In regards to anything else I don't think we can fairly say it indicates anything, other than that Greg rewards our patience and continued interest. So if we want the serials to be concluded, that's the approach I recommend. ^_^ Greg will know if he has time or not, not us.

I agree. There is no new material right now, but I don't think we need to go that far in saying it.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Those things really aren't simple enough that they could be summed up in one word, while names would just suffice for the two mysteries I mentioned.
That wouldn't really suffice at all in the case of the murderer. It would be nice, but just like we want to know what the GB's plan is, we would also want to know what the murderer's motives and methods are. Again, it boils down to that there was a contest about the GB, so it isn't really comparable to these other things. But still, I agree it would be good to know them. I just think the top priority for the others would be to wait until Greg has time to finish the ongoing serials. Just releasing sketches of what was planned would be the second option I'd want, if the first proves impossible. :)
If we're going to think like that, the name is also not enough for the Great Being either--I already noted that it was because of the contest that this was what was given to us. I just think that that's not really a good enough reason to give it higher priority.
Besides, Mavrah isn't even much of a mystery--Greg unkilled a character. Million ways that could have happened.
Yeah, but he's not just revived like Jaller but he's on the Red Star of all places. There's probably some personal preference at play here, but to me and I think most others, that is just as big a mystery on our lists. :)
I'm not saying I wouldn't want to know, I wonder about that too. But thing is: Guy who killed dudes=Bigger mystery than the guy who got unkilled. Besides, revived Mavrah (much like the GB, I might note) is something that was introduced into the plot just before the series stopped--seriously so, in Mavrah's case. His name was literally the last word in TPTB. It isn't something that was explored at all in the serial, whereas the murderer was.
The fact that Greg gave away such a potentially significant plot point indicates he doesn't plan on continuing the story anytime soon.
Yet others say it indicates the exact opposite, that now he's had a little more time. I expected it to happen at about that time in regards to the contest. In regards to anything else I don't think we can fairly say it indicates anything, other than that Greg rewards our patience and continued interest. So if we want the serials to be concluded, that's the approach I recommend. ^_^ Greg will know if he has time or not, not us.
I don't know why anyone would get that impression. If I was a professional writer, I sure as heck wouldn't give away an important plot point if I thought I would ever finish that story--that's just plain bad storytelling. By that, I don't mean to say Greg will never come back to finish the serials, or that he's a bad writer: He's a busy man, and he has more pressing duties. This, however, tells me that there's little chance of the stories continuing at any time in the foreseeable future. If Greg was truly going to "reward us for our continued interest," I reckon he would do that by actually continuing the story--if he even has any intention or time to do so anymore.Note that I don't mean this to sound bitter or accusatory towards Greg in any way--I respect him a lot, and I know he's very busy. It's because I'm taking his job into account, however, that I seriously doubt he'll continue the serials. I'd be happy if he did, but this reveal does nothing to give me hope for that.

AXKP5KC.png

I just think that that's not really a good enough reason to give it higher priority.
Well, in the sense of not enough to make it the only thing we ever hear from Greg, I agree. :) I guess what I'm clumsily trying to say is, that it is a higher priority, but not the only one. Make sense? :)
But thing is: Guy who killed dudes=Bigger mystery than the guy who got unkilled.
Well maybe. It's a matter of preference. I see them as about equal. The RS has been a significant mystery for far longer than the murderer. Even Mavrah has been, and Greg's early hints that Mavrah might come back, and his excellent portrayal before leave me really wanting to see how those things will come out. As for killing off side villains, eh. It kinda had to happen somehow or another -- could have been Toa trapping them, not death, but yeah.The murderer was just starting to get more interesting as it appeared he was about to kill some clearly good guys as collateral damage, though. :)
I don't know why anyone would get that impression. If I was a professional writer, I sure as heck wouldn't give away an important plot point if I thought I would ever finish that story
I probably wouldn't either, and I try not to with my stories, try very hard, but Greg has a history of doing so. Just to say "Baterra" should settle the matter. If we're judging how likely we think it is that Greg will continue the story, it hardly argues against it. It shows he's still interested in BZP's fanbase and appreciates our continued interest.Also like I said this happened exactly as I thought it would, because this was a contest that people have been begging to know the answer to for a long time. If he felt he wouldn't have time anytime soon to write another chapter, that's a good reason to give it to us early. Look at what it has done! It's excited the fanbase about the possibility of seeing how it'll be done in a possible serial chapter and hope for the serials to continue. Greg can see that and make his plans as to his priorities of time management accordingly. :)Whereas if that "trial balloon" got a massive "eh" from people and most people not hoping for more story, he would probably be less likely to make the time for it.We can agree that it shows he isn't going to be continuing them right away, but the more distant future is quite possible. ^_^Also, this really didn't spoil the possible chapter much for most of us who were following the debates, who had already come to largely agree it was Velika. :) I've seen a handful who say they were surprised, but most of us don't see it as a big twist really, but as confirmation of what we already expected, judging by what people are saying.

Edited by bonesiii

In relation to the serials continuing- Kevin Hinkle has said that while Greg does hope to work on them again, that it has to be on his own time, as TLG sees him working on a dead franchise as being a waste of company time. It is why he has not gone through the process to get his social networking/internet pass so he can post here. TLG just doesn't see the point since they see the franchise as dead and over.But apparently Greg talks about us as a community and how much he misses the fan interaction all the time. So there's that?

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I do not agree that it is dead...It is still thriving in the fans, and that might very well be all it needs to stay alive for ages.
The official story is pretty much dead, I don't think fans matter.
Guys, do you realize you're just arguing about words? :P One of you means that it lives on in we fans. The other means that official Bionicle story is dead. No objective reason either has to be right and the other wrong; words can have more than one meaning. Fans do matter to fans, and that's what SM meant. :)Fans matter to LEGO too, though; notice how we kept alive the discussion about the GB, and Greg answered. :) If we show continued interest, LEGO will notice. It might not ever be enough for Bionicle to officially return (as old fans like us are a tiny minority), though, so that's important to keep in mind. :)So you're both right, you're just using different definitions of words. :)
^This.
It's like the general populace doesn't even want it to come back!
That's because they don't.Anyway! I still think this was the wrong piece of information to ask for/receive, but that doesn't make the fact that we got something less significant. It's cool, for what it is.
I know many who want it to come back at some point in time. So I don't think it's accurate to say the general populace refuses to want it to return. Then again, it's not accurate to say that everybody wants it to return either.Anyways, my reaction is the same as the one I posted in Erebus's topic. :P Edited by KlakWest

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Certainly a "great" bit of news that's done wonders for yanking me back here! I've been absent for so long, but this is an awesome stepping stone for me to return to the forums. Many thanks to Greg for maintaining a continued interest in Bionicle and in the community.Now, what else... [goes off to roam the forums]

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

• 3 weeks later...

i've been rereading all my 2006 stuff do you think the GB is why the red star struck the canisters making the toa inika?

Edited by tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

i've been rereading all my 2006 stuff do you think the GB is why the red star struck the canisters making the toa inika?
Interesting idea. (Which kinda belongs in Storyline & Theories I guess if I was to get in-depth with it. :P) Anything's possible.