Click

Okay, it's been a little while since I was supposed to post this, but I've been working on something, and it should be explained in due time. Anyways, as explained in my Nui Rama Revamp and Large MOCs topics (both should still be barely open, and they need some love!), I have been needing to clean off my shelves to make room for a new bunch of MOCs I'll post once I get some pieces (see my sig if you want to help). And now, I'll just stop this shameless self advertising and talking, and get to what you wanted to see in this topic, the MOCs! Just stick with me, I've got a few.GarClick it, it's a link. :P This guy is what took me so long. Now, it doesn't look like it, but he took me about 7-8 hours of work (that I should have finished my summer homework in :P). I'll just explain by saying that mask was a Photoshop job, and not painted, and it took me forever to get it right. The mask still looks a little more like gunmetal than I would like, but I'm done editing it. Somehow, I also came up with silver, gunmetal, and bronze while working on it too, so it took forever, but was well worth it.Gar is a (canon) Onu-Matoran of Mahri-Nui who took part in Defilak's exploration of the deep and the encounter with Pridak. Basically, I just got the set of Dekar, and noticed that we never got a small set for '07 in black or white, and I realized that I really liked the look of a black Great Komau. So, just a quick idea of what I think Gar would look like.VeriusBackpack function: 1, 2, 3, 4Weapons: Cordak Pistol, Survival Dual Blade, and Grapple GunGalleryThis guy was a part of my entry in the SSC #8 I think, in my story called Shadow Play. If you look at the banner I made for it, you can see that I made a MOC for Commander Kira of the R.A.M.A. squadron, so I also decided to make another main character, Verius, the Jungle Agori.This guy uses my outdated Matoran build that's just quick and simple I have to say I'm extremely proud of his backpack function and weapons. His backpack, at the spin of a gear, flips off of his back and turns around to reveal a small Rhotuka Spinner with the ability to create energy webs. His usual list of weapons includes the standard Cordak Pistol, a smaller version of the Cordak Blaster (of which I am very proud :)), The Survival Dual Blade (I just came up with that name, but I found out how cool those two pieces look together!), or his Grapple Gun, (originally intended for minifig use).Verius is very brave, even though he just got out of the R.A.M.A. academy. He is ready to do anything required in the line of duty, and risk anything to get the job done. He carries the latest in R.A.M.A. gear and has been trained how to use it under the command of the greatest Commander known to R.A.M.A., Commander Kira.Rahaga IruiniPoseAlternate Movie BuildAfter watching Web of Shadows in a burst of nostalgia, I noticed that the sides of the Rahaga have that kind of L-shaped piece similar to the '01 Turaga (although watching closer, a body type like the Va would have fit better, look closely at their back), so I decided to try it out. I tried to make the entire thing compatable with the pieces available at the time as well, and I think it turned out very nice.The staff was based off my old mini Kurahk, by using those mini weapons from the playsets as the tips, and lightsaber width bars for the staff looks much better.I've also included an alternate movie version I was considering with a propellor back, and the original staff piece.Vahki StarsSideSpiderThis uses and idea I've had for a long time. Ever since I saw those Avtoran legs on Solek, I just thought "mini Vahki." Unfortunately, my idea consisted of using the legs upside down, and using a ball joint there would have limited the posability (unless I used two, but my ball joints are otherwise occupied right now :P). Eventually, I figured out that strange little attachment I think I've used before by putting a Metrutoran limb on the Mata foot, and holding it in with a 2 length peg. The rest of it was mostly just improving around that, but I kind of like the head.And last one, bear with me!Nuhvok-Va revampedSide/constructionPoseThis charming little guy started out with my want to try and revamp the Bohrok with all it's original functions. If any of you have ever tried it, it's impossible. :P So, while doing my best, I rebuilt my Bohrok-Va and was messing with them, and managed to rebuild it in a cooler way with a small waist and more insectoid look using the same pieces. Since that limited mobility, I decided to try and revamp it using the rest of my parts and some ideas I've taken from other Va revamps. The result ended up to be very posable and very uniquely insectoid. I'm very proud of this one, and have since decided that I am much better at making small MOCs, and I can't build a titan to save my life. :D I'd say this is one of my favorites.So, what do you think, now that it's finally done? :P Comments and critism would be greatly appreciated!

Wow, I was going to comment on a splendid paint-job ... but now a splendid photoshop-job! Nice Gar, and Rahaga Iruni is very similar to one I made and never posted. I used grey L-beams, not black, and the entire torso was flipped the other way (the foot of the Ls pointing up) and used other liftarms to make the torso and leg connector blocks look like a large "C". It looked very movie-like ... but I digress. I suggest you play with that design a bit. Incredible work witht he vahki stars design - the legs look perfect, although the foot connection is strange. Nice work!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Wow, I was going to comment on a splendid paint-job ... but now a splendid photoshop-job! Nice Gar, and Rahaga Iruni is very similar to one I made and never posted. I used grey L-beams, not black, and the entire torso was flipped the other way (the foot of the Ls pointing up) and used other liftarms to make the torso and leg connector blocks look like a large "C". It looked very movie-like ... but I digress. I suggest you play with that design a bit. Incredible work witht he vahki stars design - the legs look perfect, although the foot connection is strange. Nice work!a_peace.png
Thanks, that Gar took me forever, and I think it would have been easier (and cooler) just to repaint it. I've always wanted a recolored Metru Mask, and all we got was Idris's Blue Ruru.And I think I might have come across your design while I was researching how to do some more movie-like details. Would this be it? I thought that one was pretty cool, I just wanted to try a bit more articulation and/or smaller, set-like details.Yes, that foot connection on the Vahki was very random, and I actually ran into it by accident. I think I found those two pieces somehow snapped together in my Bionicle bin at one point, and then decided to try it out.And no love for the Agori or Va? Those were my favorites. :D

No, that wasn't it; I never posted pictures, sadly. And since the Rahaga are Toa again, they are now being disassembled for pieces. The Agori's colors are great, but the design is only so-so. I suggest using a green vahki leg and getting rid of those metru parts on the arms, and making the legs bigger. The va is nice, but the black teeth on the arms should go, and the legs should be black (use black connector blocks and use the same HF pieces as on the upper arms for the upper legs, and articulate the hip). That perpendicular connector piece on the waist should go too, it hangs too low. And you may want to consider bulking up the waist, maybe with tires. Again, nice work.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva