Casting Details Revealed for Upcoming LEGO Flick

There's been talk for a while now about an upcoming LEGO-themed movie, with the latest information describing it as a 3D-animated feature. Recently uncovered are some of the actors who will be lending their vocal talents to the on-screen characters. The list includes Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnet, and the ever-present Morgan Freeman. The original article has more info and a synopsis, also, if you use Facebook, contest!View the full article

There goes your career...
Yes I'm sure this will be the death blow to Morgan Freeman's already incredibly weak reputation.He'll never be able to work again because studios will take one glance at his resume and be all "Wait weren't you in that unforgivably terrible movie that we only have a short synopsis of so far? Begone with you!"I truly feel sorry for the poor man.

OpAXNpl.jpg

The synopsis for this story kind of reminds me of the LotR story, except it doesn't have a ring in it. But still, it seems really cool. Especially with the talented voice cast that it has acquired.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Unfortunately, I will be surprised if this film doesn't land on the list of "worst movies ever." Sorry, LEGO, this just doesn't sound profitable - in fact, it sounds terrible.I really hope the movie's at least half-decent, as it'd be a shame for LEGO to have invested so much in one thing and have it flop.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Unfortunately, I will be surprised if this film doesn't land on the list of "worst movies ever." Sorry, LEGO, this just doesn't sound profitable - in fact, it sounds terrible.I really hope the movie's at least half-decent, as it'd be a shame for LEGO to have invested so much in one thing and have it flop.
This is Lego, any of their movies are bound to be less-than-decent.

Very interesting! This definitely makes me consider watching it. Big names like this don't get involved in low quality, so hopes are looking high. I was confused about the Batman thing, though. Of course, LEGO is licensed with that so it could work. Anyways, the core plot seems interesting.I hope the movie has something of a LEGO Universe feel to it in terms of epic landscapes and foes. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Lol @ topic. As for the news story, it sounds okay. I like the idea of "average person is drafted to save the world" - I don't think that plot thread has been overused to the plot of cliche just yet. At least not in my mind. But I can't judge it yet. It depends on how well they do the "evil tryant" bit. If they make him believable, not like some cheap HF villain who gets flattened in twenty seconds, then I'll bite. But the fact that the hero is incompetant in the story - if they show that by the villain temporarily winning in some manner that makes everything seem hopeless(and they don't get out of by some poorly contrived plot device like Rocka XL.), then this story could be really good. I don't see why the majority is deeming it a failure just because some other Lego movies aren't so great, though. Why do you all think this particular plot will fail, if you do?

Edited by fishers64

There goes your career...
Yes I'm sure this will be the death blow to Morgan Freeman's already incredibly weak reputation.He'll never be able to work again because studios will take one glance at his resume and be all "Wait weren't you in that unforgivably terrible movie that we only have a short synopsis of so far? Begone with you!"I truly feel sorry for the poor man.
"Yeah, and then there are these other cheap movies. 'The Dark Knight'? What was that, some medieval fantasy garbage?"I don't know enough about this to start judging it. We'll see. But I doubt Lucius Fox would care to invest his time is something that wasn't at least promising.
How well will you die?

The cast (both producers and voice actors) sounds promising. Of course, that's no guarantee for anything. I'm not sure a movie with the main purpose to promote a company can work too well, but I guess we have to see. I'll try not to get my hopes too high for now, just in case. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Odd, wasn't there going to be a live-action/stop-animation crossover? Was that just this as a miscommunication? If so...I will rejoice. The other one sounded awful. I like the story of this one; a nice, standard structure that you can build numorous backstories on.And Morgan Freeman? I am looking forward to this even more now. Good luck LEGO.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I do think this is certainly not Morgan Freeman's usual caliber...and I wouldn't have expected Will Arnet. But I'll stay updated on it!

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Wow, lots of hate towards the movie. Kind of surprising to me, really. First of all, the target age is probably below most of the members, so there's always that argument for why they won't like it. But honestly, I don't see what's so bad about it. I've enjoyed some of the other movies Lego had come up with, from TLR to Clutch Powers, and I am excited to see what this comes out with. It's kind of disappointing to see all the negativity, and even more that I'm on the positive side 'cause usually I'm the pessimist. Heh.Also, very surprised Morgan Freeman is on this. TLR showed that great voice actors can really make the movie more enjoyable, so I look forward to seeing what Mr. Freeman brings to the table.:music:

Morgan Freeman? The girl from Hunger Games? Wow. I'm really suprised at the star power that Lego was able to bring in for this. As for the movie itself, I'm not going to judge it yet with just what we've heard. The details on the plot are very sparse, so it's hard to tell how cliche it will be yet. Still, I wonder where on the Morgan Freeman hierarchy this movie will fall. Somehwere between God (Bruce Almighty) and a convicted murderer (Shawshank Redemption).-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The "mysterious Batman?" Isn't Lego going to be sued big-time for using him?
No, because there's not a movie-maker in Hollywood that's foolish enough to put Batman in a theatrical film without getting permission through the proper channels. I guarantee you that the producers acquired the rights to use the character months before any casting decisions for the role were made. It probably helps that this is a Warner Bros. production, and DC Comics is owned by Warner Bros. The success of the LEGO Batman video games, which are also produced by Warner Bros., probably didn't hurt either.Anyway, nice to see some big-name actors here. Big-name actors don't make or break any movie, but the fact that they aren't worried about sullying their reputations on this suggests that the script (which they surely would have read through before agreeing to the role) has real potential.

Guys, it's not about the premise, it's about the execution. So many great films and TV series can be summarised down to a very generic-sounding synopsis. Something like Avatar: The Last Airbender can be distilled down to: "A young boy gifted with special powers, aided by his loyal friends, must go on an epic journey to overthrow the evil empire and save the world". That basic plot is everywhere, but, in the right hands, it can become something amazing.I find it odd that a licensed character like Batman would have such a prominent role, especially with no mention of other licensed characters, but perhaps Batman was the only one they could get permission to use, given that the Dark Knight trilogy is being made by WB Studios. If done well, this could even lead into a separate Batman continuity that takes place in the LEGO 'verse.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

This is Lego, any of their movies are bound to be less-than-decent.
OI! THE FIRST 3 BIONICLE MOVIES WERE AWSOME! GGR!! Soorry.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032