The BZPowercast Talks to LEGO

August is on its way out the door and that of course means it's time for a new episode of everyone's favorite podcast! If you're not already subscribed via RSS or iTunes, you can download Episode 38 of the BZPowercast right here. It's a behemoth of a show, so you had better get started on it! Here's what it's all about:

Welcome back to the BZPowercast! Episode 38 is our longest episode yet by a large margin, so I hope you're comfy when you start listening. We kick things off with a wrapup of BrickFair VA 2012 with DeeVee, Nukaya, and Sumiki. After that, Paleo hops on for this month's Staff Interview. Then Windrider comes back for a How-To BZP about the new Gallery. Finally, we are joined by special guest Kevin Hinkle from LEGO where he answers some member questions about himself and the company. Of course there's a Music Time with Smeag to wind things down. The next show will be shorter - I promise!

View the full article

So your (Paleo's) secret to finding news is the same as one of mine. Lol. :P Anyway, can we have more Kevin Hinkle interviews? Despite being so long, I think I've never enjoyed a Powercast segment as much as this one. Very insightful, entertaining and interesting, both as far as questions and answers are concerned. I'm particularly fascinated about several pieces of trivia information as the dice being the most expensive mold of all time, old molds being buried under the factory, the cowboy hat mold (and really anything about molds :P), the colour perception of purple pieces, the relation between the big colour palette and the crisis in the early 2000's and more. You rule, Kevin Hinkle! Thank you very much for the interview. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The BZPowercast is unscientifically proven to give you advantages in competitive gaming and standardized tests.
That's because listening to the BZPowercast makes you progressively weirder, and more likely to beat the standard. That nicely tied in with this show - it felt like a college lecture - throw massive amounts of information at you. I'm still processing it all. Mind-expanding. There was this weird thing at the end of it, though. There was like, thirty seconds of dead air, then some random miscellaneous dialogue. It didn't make any sense.

There was this weird thing at the end of it, though. There was like, thirty seconds of dead air, then some random miscellaneous dialogue. It didn't make any sense.
I have noticed this on several episodes before, It must be some kind of inside joke?
I guess it's a special treat for those who are patient enough to listen through the whole thing. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hey who's the sexy stud that provided those hot background vocals??
Guys, it was BLACK SIX, i can't believe no-one guessed!
Oh yeah I totally was gonna guess that I just didn't have the time. :sigh:
Hint: When looking at Smeag's posts, "sexy stud" usually refers to either Black Six, Makaru, DV, or Windrider.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hint: When looking at Smeag's posts, "sexy stud" usually refers to either Black Six, Makaru, DV, or Windrider.
The fact that this is a pattern people have detected in my posts is the greatest thing.Although I'm pretty sure I usually refer to Windrdued as a "MEGA CUTIE."
bring back "an cool dude"

The fact that this is a pattern people have detected in my posts is the greatest thing.Although I'm pretty sure I usually refer to Windrdued as a "MEGA CUTIE."
Point taken.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Great Powercast! They are so enjoyable to listen to as I draw and such. It's great to hear Brickfair was a success and had many BIONICLE entries. I really need to get to Brick Fiesta someday...And it was great to have someone ask Paleo his favorite type of ice cream, instead of the usual vice-versa. :lol:The interview with KevinHink was very informative too. I always wondered about the vanishing molds and the lack of purple.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3