RPG Forum Contest 25

Black Six

I'm talking RPGs that blow everyone away in the polls. So basically Lev and TPtI, since I don't have to worry about Lloyd or Parugi. At least I don't think I have to worry about Parugi. As it stands, you guys don't concern me. Because I am just that awesome.Opening has been written. In one and a half hours. I guess I should get to bed so I can wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to finish it. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

I feel like I'm being grossly overestimated by somebody. :|If Evex puts together something as good as Goodbye Innocence then I'd be worried about that.Relating to mine, though, I could probably be done by now if I hadn't spent about 8 hours yesterday playing WvW in Guild Wars 2. Go Borlis Pass; worst PvPing server ever, woot!Anyways it's not like everybody who's going to make an RPG starts posting on here. Who knows what random players decide to enter. Or if one of them just happens to be perfect. Or how many enter in the last day. Still, the seeming lack of RPGs is somewhat distressing.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I'm talking RPGs that blow everyone away in the polls. So basically Lev and TPtI, since I don't have to worry about Lloyd or Parugi. At least I don't think I have to worry about Parugi. As it stands, you guys don't concern me. Because I am just that awesome.Opening has been written. In one and a half hours. I guess I should get to bed so I can wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to finish it. :P
Well, you will have to worry if I get some more help with my idea. ;P

I have this great idea for an RPG, but I'm not sure if i'll be able to get it ready in time. Those who would want to host/co-host it can pm me, and maybe I'll try to explain the concept to you.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I had two ideas for RPGs but they are not set underground. One is in a jungle and the other a desert. One exploring a new world and the other a slave revolt. Adapting them to underground would ruin them. So I just won't use them. Not even sure if it is a good idea if I ran an RPG.This time around I know certain people can't handle running an RPG so no matter how good the story is I won't vote for it. :whatsthat: Sorry.Not the biggest fan of the theme. It means no Dreamland or Day Run sequel. :( I think it might be the first theme since I found out about the RPG forum.

Whatever the deal may be, make sure the characters stay where the sun don't shine.
Oh dear this is a brilliant quote right here. :P

Also, we're not violating the rules if through the actions of the players, the characters do reach the surface at some point later on.
Subterranean Homesick Blues: All RPGs in this contest must take place underground. Maybe the world ended and people are hiding their for safety. Perhaps the objective is to make it to the surface to save the world. Or possibly all the characters are Onu-Koro Matoran and just like it there. Whatever the deal may be, make sure the characters stay where the sun don't shine.
If they're meant to get to the surface, there doesn't seem to be anything in the description saying not to.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Incorrect: It's been said multiple times that the RPG, in its entirety, has to take place underground.
Even though (as Vorex pointed out) the theme description lists reaching the surface as a possible objective? And the same person who wrote the description (I'm assuming. I could be horribly wrong) also posted that you're not supposed to reach the surface? I wasn't even planning on entering and I'm confused...Anyway, I can't wait to see what people will come up with.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

Also, we're not violating the rules if through the actions of the players, the characters do reach the surface at some point later on.
Nah, that breaks the rules. There is, however, a solution. This solution is, of course, that characters disappear and do not appear in the RPG again if such a thing happens, meaning they're for all intents and purposes dead, though still very much alive. Or, at least, this might work. I dunno.There's lots of ways you could write it and make it more symbolic, going with that idea. One way would be to have the surface, the main setting, and then tunnels below where horrible creatures live and try to drag people to - those who are the most resolute in their goal can reach the surface and vanish into the 'light', thus reaching a heaven like state, while those who falter, fail to work with each other, and are just overall bad are doomed to failure and fall into the darkness below and, well, you know. But that would require way too much symbolism and thinking, so somebody else can take that.I'm going to make this statement now - at the start of the RPG, you will not reach the surface. By the (good) end of the RPG, there might be a way. But it would be pretty pointless, since it's another few hundred years before the Staff of Artakha is used to repair the Great Catacylsm's damage and the Southern Continent above is restored from... well, if you don't know, I'll make it a surprise.@ Paragon; Why not? Desert and jungle. You can easily adapt those into an RPG. Let's see... jungle setting. Ooh, this would be a lot better. You have to remember, the themes point isn't to restrict you, it's to make you think harder and get more creative. In the end, I think it can actually produce a more creative RPG (even if not necessarily better) than the initial idea.So, desert setting with a slave revolt. You can adapt this. Underground caves located near the area beneath a volcano, the ancient prison camp of an organization. There's not much water down below, and the tunnels are incredibly hot. There's not much life, just the caves and the slaves trying to get free. Or something. This is actually the idea I like less of the two (jungle + revolt sounds better, and more original than desert + slave revolt, which when you look at the number of deserts and slaves put together, isn't that new).Now, jungle setting, open world. Spice this up. Huge caverns interconnecting to each other - waterfalls cascading from the endless darkness that overtakes everything, with florescent fungi providing slight illumination to the nether reaches of the under-earth. Or, without the purple prose, giant underground caves with a jungle of glowing mushrooms.@ Tafu; See above, I think I made sense of it.@ Lloyd; Yay.@ Bulik; You have a full month. A month is actually a lot of time, when you think about it. February is our shortest month, and it takes place over the course of 672 hours. Subtract the 8 hours each day for sleeping (7, 6, or less for most of us) and average 8 hours at school one way or another, plus another 3 for homework (you took a lot of AP classes) and 2 for eating (you eat a lot), and 2 and a half for other stuff (mostly sitting around after saying you exercised to make up for the food, fatty). That's 10 minutes to write every day (the government taxed the other 20). So you have 300 minutes of writing, or five hours. Subtract the other hour the government taxed you and it's four. Get to it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

My RPG is up! And wow, I can't believe I'm the first one to put their RPG up first! Now, guys, I spent roughly five hours writing all of this, mostly between 12 and 3 in the morning. I have read it once, while I was writing it, with the exception of re-reading the opening, so I need some feedback. It probably makes no sense, but my sleep deprived mind thinks it does. :P So yeah, I get all the reviews, because everyone reviews the first RPG for some reason. :rolleyes:Good luck to all those who come after.

I have to finish described the factions, profiles, of course the morality meter (finishing touches).And, finally, the first RPG has been submitted. I'll get to it when I come back from school, maybe.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I've decided I'm not going to enter this contest. I'm not happy with my current idea, and unless I think of a new one very soon, I will just wait until the next contest.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Kal.Kal.Oh my gosh.Kal.Kal.Your RPGs name.I...Hahhahahahah.Hahahahaha!That's the best thing ever, man. That's the best thing ever.Hahahahaha.Yeah, I've already got characters thought up and everything. Hahaha. Review is up soon. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Are we reading the same RPG or was there a part I missed? :w:
I don't want to spoil it for you. But if you really want to know, check the very bottom of my review. But that would be wrong of you to do that.(It wasn't that funny though, just a little.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well I'm happily surprised, to say the least. Even if my RPG is the only one to choose from right now. :P I guess sooner or later I'll have to read it again and actually think about what I'm doing as go to fix mistakes.@Lloyd: What is there not to get? I'm awesome. The RPG is awesome. RPG Contest. Boom! Instant classic that everybody loves. (Plus names are everything. And I got what it takes XD)

Somehow I don't think the name is enough to earn the gushing I'm seeing. :P :w:
Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings And Lunatics.Like I said. Not that funny. But it's still somewhat amusing.Now, I should be done... sometime.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Now, the thing is, I'm playing with the subconscious here. People will go to vote, select my RPG, hit vote, and go, "Wait WHAT DID I JUST DO?!? I DIDN'T REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR ANYONE ELSE!"Or something like that. I have just raised the bar in self advertising, gentlemen. This far surpases cookies and muffins. I'll say it again: Good luck....:P

Be careful, Kal. You're not the only Kal 'round these parts, and I'm writing up an entry right now.
Sure you are.And you are not Kal. You are Grochi. Kal is the Guardian. Grochi is the Kal. But Kal is not Grochi, and Grochi is not Kal. The only way for somebody to supersede these names is if their display name was simply Kal. In which case, we would still ignore this crazy person and call them Poser for all of eternity.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: