RPG Forum Contest 25

Black Six

If Zyglak Quest won.I would totally play a Zyglak.And quest.@ Zarayna; Nothing holds back my terrible tongue, except for the pliers that are clamping it to side of my mouth. It hurts a lot, and it's why I'm typing. Help me. Please.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

The only way for somebody to supersede these names is if their display name was simply Kal. In which case, we would still ignore this crazy person and call them Poser for all of eternity.
You mean this guy? Also, Kal (the Guardian)'s RPG looks awesome.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

If Zyglak Quest won.I would totally play a Zyglak.And quest.
You know, I was thinking of modifying Zyglak's quest for this contest. The Nui Caves and Cord under Voya Nui supported a large group of Zyglak, so the underground theme was just an invitation to redeem the concept of Questing Zyglak. Think of all the possibilities for RPGs based around Zyglak!... I did, and it actually wasn't that exciting. Maybe someone else could do a better job than me.

ppg2.png

I had an idea, if anyone wants to adopt it. I was thinking that maybe the GB, or a different group of GB created another massive robot like Mata Nui somewhere in the universe. While on its mission this giant robot (needs a name) somehow crashes into a massive asteroid, and I mean massive. I'm thinking that some sort of evil within the robot caused him to fail and then crash. Anyway the robot body pretty much dies, so the oceans, islands everything dries up inside and becomes barren, while the continents shatter pretty much from the impact. Over thousands of years the robot body becomes lodged inside the giant asteroid, making the robot now underground.The inhabitants of the robot, Matoran, Toa etc have moved out of the robot and into the giant caverns of the asteroid, trying to find a way to escape, or somehow bring the robot back to life so they can escape from this nightmarish world. Either the asteroid is filled with alien species of bionicles, or a great evil migrated from the robot and into the asteroid, I was thinking of a race similar to the Makuta who could actually turn their bodies into shadows, living darkness, but they also have a solid form, they'd slowly be picking the Matoran off etc.Maybe if the asteroid thing is too far fetched, the giant robot could just crash on a huge barren earth like planet, and get burrowed underground. The main point would be to escape this planet, or reach the surface since it is very hard to survive underground. There could be like a village for each element they built underground, using stuff from the giant robot. Maybe the underground cavern has a weird terrain for each element, like magma beds, a lush forest area with glowing algae (thinking avatar), a frozen area with stalagmites on the roof that can fall and impale you. The cavern would be big, like island of Mata Nui sized or bigger. I don't want to make an RP, just see if anyone who doesn't have any ideas wants to run with mine XD. Of course the robot could be open to explore as well.

@ Flex Nard; You're a horrible human being for mentioning Avatar as a frame of reference, first of all. Second - that really belongs in the planning topic, not on here. But as a quick thought, I'll say that if it does get adopted, it needs some serious reworking, because my science center is screaming bloody murder.@ Lorax & Hubert; This is a holy quest that we must take.@ SmoothJazz; We shall know the unspecified being (luckily Kal added It and Both to his character profiles, so if this person joins, they would have no troubles) as Poser!Kal, a Poser from the future. And a newbie since he never posted. In fact, it's just like the Admins made that character just so there could never be a true Kal. Huh... suspicious.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well, VOTE4:KaL is updated, has better spelling and sentence structure, and has a few things taken care of that were mentioned in the review topic. A possible list of Trouble games and maybe a map or two will arrive at a later date.EDIT: Also NPC profiles. They might show up sometime at random as well.

Edited by Kal the Guardian

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Yup. In my RPGs (well okay just really Dreamland so far), having light or shadow powers hasn't been a problem yet. So go for it. Or just have a Toa with shadow powers. Or maybe even a Skakdi. Basically have at it.As for using a Makuta, that'll be a unique experience. I'm not quite sure if I'll keep them as a playable species or not. We shall see. (Basically, I need Lev to give me some feedback)

SA-S looks like it wouldbe fun to play. Only problem the fact that I am going to have more then a little trouble writing 100 words for my guy's description.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kal, I suggest you make one stipulation on light: either limit or remove lightspeed abilities.
That's an actual thing? I did not know that. I guess I'll have to remember to bring it up if anyone ever asks to have light as an element. Thanks.

@ Silvan Haven; Writing a 100 word synopsis for your characters description, or even their backstory, is not a difficult task, and should be easy to accomplish for pretty much anybody after the 3rd Grade in terms of their knowledge of English. All you have to do is say where they're from, why they're here now, a little bit about them, and all of that fun stuff. Use purple prose if you need to. All in all, it's pretty simple to accomplish, and only takes a little bit of thought, which you should be putting into your character anyways. In fact, this paragraph has passed 100 words already. My point is made.@ Kal; I don't see why you should allow Makuta as a species - if you want to keep it somewhat canon, at the very least. Only 100 Makuta were ever created, and they were very powerful. Now, if you wish to ignore that, everything is fine. But then there's the powers. And if you do remove the powers, then they're not really Makuta, they're just another species, that's also called Makuta. My two cents.And as for the lightspeed thing, you should let them have it. But, they can only move at lightspeed. And, since their body isn't designed to go that fast, as soon as they use it, they would be splatter across everything within about 100 feet in front of them and mostly atomized.As far as allowing light and shadow, no problems really. I wouldn't give it to anybody unless they gave a logical reasoning in their backstory, however. The main reason I'm not saying anything is because players in my RPG will gain light and shadow based abilities. Non-elemental ones, though, for... reasons. That aren't obvious, at first. But they can become so.@ iBrow; Patience is a virtue, but nobody of Comedies forum descent is virtuous, so we're excused.@ Hubert; I'll read up on it soon.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

@ Kal; I don't see why you should allow Makuta as a species - if you want to keep it somewhat canon, at the very least. Only 100 Makuta were ever created, and they were very powerful. Now, if you wish to ignore that, everything is fine. But then there's the powers. And if you do remove the powers, then they're not really Makuta, they're just another species, that's also called Makuta. My two cents.Well, I don't really care about canon for this RPG. So really I could just call them upgraded and smart Rahkshi. Or, basically, the Swervarian Rahkshi I use in RPGs. On that point, I guess they would be more of a custom species. I'll think about it.And as for the lightspeed thing, you should let them have it. But, they can only move at lightspeed. And, since their body isn't designed to go that fast, as soon as they use it, they would be splatter across everything within about 100 feet in front of them and mostly atomized. Now that's something I have to remember, although I don't see it being a problem. None of the caverns are really open. You'd be able to go like 15 feet before running into something like a tree or a building or a Matoran.
Hmmm... it seems as if Hubert's RPG is a rip off of mine. I mean really? C'mon man, yours is underground too? Total rip off. I had mine underground first.:P

100 words for just the description? The other ones are fine but I see no reason why you would need people to write that much about how the person looks.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

@ Silvan Haven; Nor do I (see a reason). But it's still not that difficult.

Fred is a tall Toa (coming quite close to two Bio) of Iron, with an equally large build and wide shoulders. The lowest sections of his armor are all a deep, dark red, while the other pieces of plating that cover him are a metallic grey instead. He has no major battle scars, with few additional markings, including one that is dangerously close to his heartlight. His mask appears as dark grey Noble Miru with red stripes across it, and from within shine two glowing silver eyes. His equipment pack goes over his back, and the long rope he carries often dangles from it. He carries his claymore in his right hand until he goes to use it in combat, and is rarely seen without it out.
Though yeah - 100 words for the appearance is a lot.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Guys, use logic here!A picture is worth 1000 words, so draw a picture of up to ten characters together and you'll be fine.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

RPG is up.I still need to get the map all finished up and everything, so that's not there. And there's a lot of stuff I may need to revise; or not, I guess. So yeah, fire away with comments, comment makers.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I've read the first two entries and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Nobody should be getting discouraged though. There's a lot that can determine what makes people want to play a certain RPG, so if you have an idea, try to develop it and see what happens. Feel the need to make my presence known here since I am a helper this time around. ;)

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I'm so mad that you made a Templar faction. It's like the RPG creator plagiarized the idea that popped into my head the second I saw the RPG. Or maybe it's the other way around.Meh, I think, Lev, if your RPG wins, I'll make a minifaction dedicated to serving Our Lords the Sick. After all, there was more than one military religious order about...Or just take the military part out and have a group of monotheistic monks. With staffs of course, nice Gandalf styled staffs.

Edited by Zarayna

A hundred words for appearance isn't that much. I mean, it only takes about four minutes to write a somewhat detailed one that has around 100 words.
I would certainly agree - if we were talking about humans. Human beings who wear clothing, and have hair, and have numerous other variables in their appearance. Human beings that you can mention a twenty word birthmark if necessary.However, with a Bionicle character, 100 words is a little much for appearance, when time could be spent on the rest of the Biography.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, now I'm in college. It's a shame, I'd love to enter this particular contest... God, I feel old.I may drop by and give a review, but hey, we'll see. Best of luck to all of you guys. <3

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Goodbye Evex. Get your Masters in Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliology.Sorry, I've run out of college degrees to use in jokes.@ TD; And that would be the opening of the RPG.@ Hubert; Eh. Still seems like a lot, but anything greater than 0 is a pretty big percentage leap. I only went with 30 because it's not that important, but you still need to say how they look.Anyways - News update. I got the map up and running on my RPG. That should clarify a few things. Just in case anybody needed a refresher, I stuck in Bionicle to real world measurements. Including the Metric System, even though only 95% of the world uses it.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Haha, got the first zombie themed RPG in! Now all the others will look like they got it from me!
This RPG blows my mind. I think I might not make my Rpg just so I can have the time to play this one.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Haha, got the first zombie themed RPG in! Now all the others will look like they got it from me!
This RPG blows my mind. I think I might not make my Rpg just so I can have the time to play this one.
Agreed- this is quite possibly the best RPG concept I've ever seen, and I hope that it works out well in gameplay.-ibrow