RPG Forum Contest 25

Black Six

Are we reading the same RPG here?I mean, it's good, but hardly "the best concept I've ever seen" or "mindblowing..."-Teezy
Based on the rpgs ive seen so far, this is the best.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Yeah I wouldn't call it mindblowing either. Its just a zombie RPG where I've tried to put the focus more on the characters interaction rather than how many ways they can turn the zombies into shish kebab, so while its a little different from the usual zombie stuff I wouldn't call it the best ever.But hey, if you want to think its the most awesome thing you've ever seen then I will happily let you vote for it :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah I wouldn't call it mindblowing either. Its just a zombie RPG where I've tried to put the focus more on the characters interaction rather than how many ways they can turn the zombies into shish kebab, so while its a little different from the usual zombie stuff I wouldn't call it the best ever.But hey, if you want to think its the most awesome thing you've ever seen then I will happily let you vote for it :P
Best RPG here so far is what I meant, and amongst the best I've read in my (admittedly small) time in the RPG forum. The concept isn't exactly original, but the way you wrote it has convinced me to vote for it all the way through, and then play it all three months when it wins.So, explanation done.-ibrow

@ iBrow; And lo, he hath forgotten Trapped in a Map, forsooth he hath beholden the holy zombie quarantine RPG.@ some more iBrow, and Bulik; Of course he's going to write a good zombie RPG. He's been tossing around ideas for how to do it right for at least the last year while commenting on other peoples RPGs, and he's been writing the things since before you were born for a long time. :P@ TD; Yes. The best concept ever seen is obviously the one where stars got dropped out of the sky. How has nobody else noted how totally awesome that is?I thought it was a cool explanation.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Meh. I don't really like TPTI's idea, purely because the Matoran don't have decent weaponry, and because I can't stand zombies. So, personal reasons. It's a decent concept, and well made.Also, is it my imagination or is this contest seriously low in activity?
Well with the weapon thing, I felt it undermined the fear factor if you could just pull out a cordak blaster and turn any zombie into a pile of ash. Same reason I made everyone a Matoran; no elemental powers to make life easier

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'd oppose a cordak blaster. But crude explosives, some decent melee weapons (for instance, a matoran with a sword or a few kanoka disks which they seem to perpetually carry with them would stand some chance against zombies, while a matoran with a mop or some other hardly effective weapon would be instant toast).In other words, don't make life easy for the players by allowing them access to high tech, but at least give them some basic weaponry. Otherwise, the RPG seems basically to be Zombies butchering every player in existence with hardly a fight.It's all about keeping the balance between players having an easy, terror free time, or them having no hope, and thus losing interest in the game.

Edited by Zarayna

@ Zarayna; Then get creative. Maybe your character is a scientist or an engineer. You've got all of this shoddy stuff down here, so you make something out of it. I'll probably think of a few excuses to whip up a few... creative pieces of equipment. Maybe a flamethrower. I'll have to scan the areas again and decide if one with less than a 5% chance of exploding could be chopped up.Now, personally - I don't like zombies. I don't like fighting an unintelligent enemy. But I also don't like zombie movies, because they're not that scary. Who dies is often predictable. And the 'horror' is usually just sudden blood and gore. Frankly, the scariest stuff is what doesn't have to be gory to be scary (Weeping Angels, Blink). But, if pulled off right, it might be good. I guess we'll know in 30 days, depending on if a bunch of other great RPGs are submitted.In other unrelated news, I believe I figured out the trick to a Slenderman type scare RPG. Coming RPG Contest #42.@ Hubert, TPTI; I'll make up some more reviews at a later point. Not for now, though. Stuff.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well, not everyone is going to be scientists or engineers, nor will every player (myself included, lol) have the know how to really whip something out of random junk. Allowing basic weaponry, as in very basic, still keeps the odds way against the player, while giving them at least a slight chance.

Much as I support NPC's slaughtering those frustratingly invulnerable PC's...I do think the PC's need something resembling hope to make a game worth playing. :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Speaking of maps, I need someone better than me with Photoshop or GIMP to make one. Any takers?
Eww. Hand-drawn FTW.
Well, not everyone is going to be scientists or engineers, nor will every player (myself included, lol) have the know how to really whip something out of random junk. Allowing basic weaponry, as in very basic, still keeps the odds way against the player, while giving them at least a slight chance.
Don't want to do science or engineering? You can find characters who can create makeshift weapons and get them to provide help. Everybody helping each other and doing what they do best. That's part of the roleplaying aspect. If you really want to be the evil, anti-social person who just wants to kill off the other characters, you won't last very long without the ability to sap life at a distance and teleport between shadows.
Much as I support NPC's slaughtering those frustratingly invulnerable PC's...I do think the PC's need something resembling hope to make a game worth playing. :P
Obviously, though NPCs slaughtering PCs isn't going to happen - this isn't A Song of Fire and Ice, where main characters are the most likely to die off. I see hope in the zombie RPG. Hope of lasting three months of the contest.
Like giant robots!
And that is when the derailing occurred.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I'd oppose a cordak blaster. But crude explosives, some decent melee weapons (for instance, a matoran with a sword or a few kanoka disks which they seem to perpetually carry with them would stand some chance against zombies, while a matoran with a mop or some other hardly effective weapon would be instant toast).In other words, don't make life easy for the players by allowing them access to high tech, but at least give them some basic weaponry. Otherwise, the RPG seems basically to be Zombies butchering every player in existence with hardly a fight.It's all about keeping the balance between players having an easy, terror free time, or them having no hope, and thus losing interest in the game.
Ah, but remember the Coliseum is where they hold things like Aklini matches, so the storage levels below are bound to have some Kanoka in them. Just remember its only the Onu-Metru ones that come back to you

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I feel like I might be the underdog this contest. Because it's not an original RPG. It's just a Lev RPG - 2L2R (too long to read).Also, looks like we have a new addition.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Hopefully we get a few more entries (I'd be interested to see if Kovolta adapts TIAM for this, though I doubt it), but they all look sweet thus far.-ibrow
But mine's the best, right?Right?Right?In other news - anybody who wants to help as free advertisement a Co-GM to deal with rule breakers and game management while I'm away, send me a PM for the RPG. If you have any ideas you think would make the RPG better, stick 'em in there, I'm willing to take (some) new things in.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Okay, a few things I want to make notice of on my RPG -First, I have made it possible for players to make a character who acts as a leader, or one of the leader-type figures, or at least higher-up, in a faction. I doubt many people will want to take it up, as it would mean quite a bit of responsibility, and also involves a much larger biography to be written and detailed.Second, you may now start off with small factions holding a small number of people at your characters behest in exchange for one of your character slots. Again, not many people will want to do it, but if you do, you can.Overall, these features are not representing anything that I assume is desired by the masses; instead, it is merely present to give players the opportunity to have a few more options in the creation of their characters. As the character is the most important thing in LMTD, I want to make your options as broad as I possibly can.That's LMTD's stand. Are you in good hands?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Such a faction may have from 5 and 50 member (the number will be provided to you by the GM, but you may choose any number of 5 to 20 on your initiative to be more certain)
5-50 or 5-20? I don't understand. Also, member should be members.I'm totally making an order of warrior monks. Edited by Zarayna