RPG Forum Contest 25

Black Six

Hmm, someone intangible not being affected by gravity I could understand since there has to be something stopping them just falling through the floor, but surely they're still going to be affected by changes in temperature. You're still there after all, so while physical things aren't going to phase you (see what I did there?) being really really cold/hot surely would. I don't care how intangible you are, I drop you in the Arctic you're going to freeze
Sure, it would be uncomfortable, but would it really cause any permanent harm? You can't be melted, or burned, or frozen solid, because you aren't really 'matter' any more. Somehow. Dunno, messed up Bionicle physics again.On the subject of gravity, I actually think they would be affected by it, come to think of it. After all, we know light can be drawn in by gravity (black holes), and since it has no mass.. well, if you're being pulled in by gravity, you're still being held. You might even be able to pull them apart, were you to have enough experience to tug at them from different points and shatter the insubstantial form.@ Takanuvainika; It's spelled plasma. Like what the sun's really made out of. Like how a laser is a laser, not a lazer. But that aside, plasma is a state of matter that (I believe) only occurs at high temperatures. A ball of plasma would be physical, so it wouldn't really do anything other than make them really uncomfortable or slightly in pain - but it wouldn't kill them, or injure them. And how would you turn them into plasma, anyways? Elemental control over something doesn't allow you to turn something else into it. A Toa of Lightning can't turn somebody into a bolt of lightning, and a Toa of Fire can't turn them into a fire.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Plasma is like ... dat stuff in the Sun.
It also makes amazing sunburns on your enemies. or vaporizes them...

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Since plasma is a state of matter, in order to turn something into plasma you just have to heat it up a lot, which toa of plasma can do. And since density control based intangiblity is just separating your molecules you are still matter and you can still be frozen, or burned, or turned into plasma!

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Toa of Plasma cannot turn something into plasma because they cannot create heat, they can only create plasma. They might be able to make something become plasma with the exposure to plasma, in the same way that you'd become plasma if you were teleported into the sun.The problem here is that in order to be matter, an object needs to have mass. And if you use density control to become intangible, you're setting your density to 0. Your volume remains the same, but your mass does not. Since your mass is 0, you are no longer matter.So sure, plasma might work on somebody who lowered their density to that of hydrogen gas (the least dense thing I can think of off the top of my head), or anything more dense than that. Something that has some mass. But if you have no mass, you are not matter, and you cannot be harmed by matter. Gravity, yes, matter, no.Also: Separating your molecules? How did you come up with that? If you separated your molecules, that would be your volume changing. Since your volume is obviously the same, then the molecules cannot have become separated.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I should totally write up an RPG and shove it on the shoulders of someone else, never appearing again....Next contest, and it would require someone willing to run an RPG they didn't create. =POn another note, Kal wins by default.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

That's right I'm gonna win! Woot! Anyway...UPDATE! The NPC profiles of the last two kings have been added! Go ahead and read them if you wish. The Biographies get kind of long, and apparently the font on one of them doesn't wish to change. The map, which I'm still trying to figure out how to draw, will be up soon, before the deadline, and that's a promise!

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Oh yeah, Kal?Well, I added a sample profile for one of the NPCs and specified the three NPCs that players can't play as.So yeah, no playing as The Beast, my jawb.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Oh yeah, Kal?Well, I added a sample profile for one of the NPCs and specified the three NPCs that players can't play as.
That all you got? I just put up two maps. Not just one, but two! And the second one has a little drawing of the Tower of Terror and the castle on the bottom of it. Take that! Of course, both maps were supposed to be touched up and given color using Gimp, but I sort of am running out of time. Submission time sure went fast this go around. So instead, I have one half finished map, and the other one is just a scetch I did.If I don't update the maps with their finished versions before the Submission Topic is closed, rest assured in the knowledge that they will be updated if my RPG wins.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

I'm unfortunately not going to enter this contest period; I'm just way too swamped with stuff IRL, and I don't want to abandon an RPG if I get too busy with other stuff. Next contest, however, is a different story. =P

With all these last minute entries how am I going to win, I thought I had a chance because there were so few entries now the number has nearly doubled.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

With all these last minute entries how am I going to win, I thought I had a chance because there were so few entries now the number has nearly doubled.
I, for one, think your RPG is a neat concept.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)