Lesovikk's Hiatus Contest

I don't know. You are allowed to introduce new characters but you need to keep them to a minimum so six (assuming its six Toa) might be to much. If you did they would probably not be accepted into canon. I am not sure if the brotherhood would have a secret Hagah team, but this is fanon so I think they could. Sorry if this does not help much.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pikiru" data-cid="498075" data-time="1359420780"><p>I don't know. You are allowed to introduce new characters but you need to keep them to a minimum so six (assuming its six Toa) might be to much. If you did they would probably not be accepted into canon. I am not sure if the brotherhood would have a secret Hagah team, but this is fanon so I think they could. Sorry if this does not help much.</p></blockquote>What if this team is secret even to the brotherhood? Meaning only one Makuta knows of its existence. Also, only 4 new characters are named, and 3/4 play an active role in the story. Would this still be too much?

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

ikg4k.gif

I guess it depends on which Makuta knows about the team. If they are a high ranking Makuta I would think that it is more possible, where as with a lower ranking Makuta maybe less possible.

I am not sure if 4 characters would be too much. All it says is "kept to a minimum". You might want to PM Legolover-361 and ask him.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pikiru" data-cid="498159" data-time="1359425689"><p>I guess it depends on which Makuta knows about the team. If they are a high ranking Makuta I would think that it is more possible, where as with a lower ranking Makuta maybe less possible.<br /> <br />I am not sure if 4 characters would be too much. All it says is "kept to a minimum". You might want to PM Legolover-361 and ask him. </p></blockquote>This Makuta is actually one I created. He is high ranking scientist, but he prefers to work alone. He is also a very traitorous one, and he is trying to secretly overthrow teridax and make himself the new leader, kinda like Icarax. So, he creates a secret team of toa hagah that he chose himself. This team is only loyal to this Makuta.

ikg4k.gif

Is it ok if I introduce a new team of Toa Hagah as long as they are a secret Hagah team, one that not even the other brotherhood members know about?
What if this team is secret even to the brotherhood? Meaning only one Makuta knows of its existence. Also, only 4 new characters are named, and 3/4 play an active role in the story. Would this still be too much?
This Makuta is actually one I created. He is high ranking scientist, but he prefers to work alone. He is also a very traitorous one, and he is trying to secretly overthrow teridax and make himself the new leader, kinda like Icarax. So, he creates a secret team of toa hagah that he chose himself. This team is only loyal to this Makuta.
As long as Lesovikk is the main character of your story and the Makuta and Toa Hagah you created are not as significant as any canon characters, you should be fine.EDIT: As entry levels seem to be quite low, I'm considering extending the contest again to allow more people to participate. I really don't want to continue a trend of postponements, so if I do postpone the entry date again, it will be for the last time. Until I decide, consider the entry period over at 12:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM CT tomorrow; if you find you need to edit your entry later due to it being rushed, you will have the chance to do so. Edited by Legolover-361

I'm sorry that it's a minute late. Couldn't type the title fast enough.
It's still accepted, considering we need every entry we can get. :P
I guess it's too late to join right? Because I never saw this topic until, well, right now. This sounds like a cool contest though!
I'm going to tally the entries we've received and see if there are enough to hold a contest around. If there aren't, I'll extend the deadline another couple months and focus more heavily on publicity.EDIT: Considering that there are only four entries, I am going to extend the deadline till a point to be defined in the future, likely late April. This postponement will be the last. People who have already entered have till February 10, 2013 to edit their entries without permission. Edited by Legolover-361

I liked it. I originally thought that it was a bit weird to see Toa Jalokim in the story, but I think I would have done the same myself. I also liked the concept (the secret Toa Team and the Makuta). I thought that you might have added more to the story, but it still worked. I am keen to see what happens to Jalokim next. :)

Edited by Pikiru

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pikiru" data-cid="503091" data-time="1360546567"><p><span style='color: #000080'>I liked it. I originally thought that it was a bit weird to see Toa Jalokim in the story, but I think I would have done the same myself. I also liked the concept (the secret Toa Team and the Makuta). I thought that you might have added more to the story, but it still worked. I am keen to see what happens to Jalokim next. :)</span></p></blockquote>Thanks! Well, you are definitely gonna enjoy my series, but I don't want to ruin six years of story for you. You just have to wait and see.

ikg4k.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lesovikk works better as a kind of guy who requests to be sent to the Pit as a Jailer, for a short while, then he visits Miserox, and goes into exile on one of the southern islands, that or he visited the back side of Mata Nui, where no one has ever been to before.

Edited by Kooler186

• 2 weeks later...

Could we imply "new" characters to existing, but very unknown characters.

I want to have a new Makuta, but want to suggest she would side with Miserix (5 Makuta sided with Miserix when Teridax took over the Brotherhood), so implying she is an existing, relatively unknown character?

Please respond could really do with this info ASAP

I probably won't join this contest (looking forward to seeing even a semi-official new addition to the story though), but I'm curious: what is B.T.R?

Before Teridax's Reign.

So before Makuta took over the Matoran Universe and messed things up.

NuvaTube, are you talking about implying a non-canon character exists, rather than actually showing the character "on-screen"? If so, your inclusion of her in the plot sounds fine to me.

Legolover, (this is the equivalent to replying on BZP, isn't it? im kinda new here but a big bionicle fan)

No, the Makuta I have introduced has an important part in the plot, has dialouge and interacts with Lesovikk. She is never named, except by the title "Makuta". At one point she mentions she dislikes Teridax, im implying she is one of the Makuta who sided with Miserix at the Convocation.

So, new character, yes, but completely compatible with canon.

Also, loads of other characters who arent really developed, like Matoran in a village, most unnamed (the ones that are named are canon characters) but a few that Lesovikk interacts with briefly (get in a small barfight).

I probably won't join this contest (looking forward to seeing even a semi-official new addition to the story though), but I'm curious: what is B.T.R?

Before Teridax's Reign.

So before Makuta took over the Matoran Universe and messed things up.

>NuvaTube, are you talking about implying a non-canon character exists, rather than actually showing the character "on-screen"? If so, your inclusion of her in the plot sounds fine to me.

Legolover, (this is the equivalent to replying on BZP, isn't it? im kinda new here but a big bionicle fan)

No, the Makuta I have introduced has an important part in the plot, has dialouge and interacts with Lesovikk. She is never named, except by the title "Makuta". At one point she mentions she dislikes Teridax, im implying she is one of the Makuta who sided with Miserix at the Convocation.

So, new character, yes, but completely compatible with canon.

Also, loads of other characters who arent really developed, like Matoran in a village, most unnamed (the ones that are named are canon characters) but a few that Lesovikk interacts with briefly (get in a small barfight).

Are barfights even canon?

BTW, you should also read my entry.

ikg4k.gif

Legolover, (this is the equivalent to replying on BZP, isn't it? im kinda new here but a big bionicle fan) No, the Makuta I have introduced has an important part in the plot, has dialouge and interacts with Lesovikk. She is never named, except by the title "Makuta". At one point she mentions she dislikes Teridax, im implying she is one of the Makuta who sided with Miserix at the Convocation. So, new character, yes, but completely compatible with canon. Also, loads of other characters who arent really developed, like Matoran in a village, most unnamed (the ones that are named are canon characters) but a few that Lesovikk interacts with briefly (get in a small barfight).

That's A-okay, then.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this looks cool. At the risk of this idea being stolen, would it be within the rules if the story were placed in an alternate dimension, like during his hiatus he is whisked away to a different dimension where he does the stuff mentioned about his hiatus, and then returns to this dimension and then cannot tell anybody he went to an alternate dimension for some reason?

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Wow, this looks cool. At the risk of this idea being stolen, would it be within the rules if the story were placed in an alternate dimension, like during his hiatus he is whisked away to a different dimension where he does the stuff mentioned about his hiatus, and then returns to this dimension and then cannot tell anybody he went to an alternate dimension for some reason?

While that's certainly an intriguing idea, I believe it's canon that Lesovikk's hiatus takes place within the Matoran Universe in this timeline. You could make up your own little event that takes place in an alternate universe, but don't have any of Lesovikk's confirmed canon endeavors occur within an alternate universe, and don't go overboard with travels between alternate universes.Also, an announcement: The ending of the entry period shall be set to 12:00 PM EST, May 10. There will be no more postponements. If there is a lack of entries, I will determine how to work around it. I am still accepting judges in case this contest does receive a last-minute influx of entries.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...