My Lego Network Topic

Blessed Blade

My LEGO Network is an online game where you attempt to rank up your account from 0 to 10, befriending others and Networkers in the process. You can befriend famous characters from themes of old, or even new characters created especially for the campaign of My LEGO Network. You can also obtain different items that are essential for proceeding through the ranks, and also trade those with your friends for 'clicks', which you can accumulate to attempt to become part of one of the top tens for the different categories. You can also create your own avatar based on an enhanced system that expands the traditional LEGO.com avatar system. In addition, you can earn special badges after completing special tasks.Also, take note, the first topic quickly got swamped with different problems, and the second topic introduced rules to avoid those problems; rules I'll be adopting for this one as well. So; from the old topic, here are the rules:

Topic Rules

• [*]Take trades to the PM system. One major problem with the old topic was the incredible overabundance of relative spam-like posts in which members discussed trades. These individual conversations are best suited for PMs. You can make posts saying you are offering something for trade, or looking for something, but anything beyond that should be kept to PMs.[*]Please refrain from linking to or mentioning any sites with forums related to My LEGO Network.

Member List: This is a list of BZP members who are on MLN, and their MLN names, with links to their profile pages. This will be constantly updated with members' names, and as such, if you wish to be included on this list, just send me a PM, and I'll add you. =)
  • [*]Fullbringer Blade -
NeoBlademanSeedCross[*]Meiko - Jel15[*]crankbait - crankbait[*]Master Inika - helixman101[*]Akuna Toa of Sonics - Avakrocks'97[*]ToaMiserix - CountVonBricks[*]Toa of the Blazing Inferno - tahured268

EDIT by Hahli Husky: Officialized this topic so members can continue using it.

Edited by Hahli Husky

Add me to the members list. I'm Jel15. I don't play much anymore though, but I'll help others trade if I can.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

What new stuff has been added to My LEGO Network since 2009? I haven't been on, so I don't know what I've missed.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well, there's a Bionicle Minirank, and the LU mini-rank was extended, with miscellaneous other things like the arcade games, however... There has been no updates to MLN since last October. =/

Well, there's a Bionicle Minirank, and the LU mini-rank was extended, with miscellaneous other things like the arcade games, however... There has been no updates to MLN since last October. =/

I already completed all of the BIONICLE content. I never finished the LEGO Universe content, and I have all of the arcade games. I think I remember there being something about LEGO City sometime... You can check out my page there. I'm only level 5, because I didn't play for a few years, and I wasn't really focused on leveling up (I was instead collecting every item I could. I have a total of 14,105 Red Bricks. :P).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh. Since 2009. Whoops. I mixed up years. Okay then, I don't believe there's been any non-sticker updates since then. =/

That bites. That means there isn't much for me to do. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

For your public page? Yep; there are at least three, a city theme, a LU theme, and a Bionicle theme, as seen on the Bionicle Networkers.

The BIONICLE skin is not Networker-exclusive. I know that for sure. I have it, so it's available for users. I don't think that the items necessary to obtain it are still around, but if you need them, I have at least 50 of 'em. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, I know very well it's not exclusive, since I have it on my page. I was meaning more that that's a very good example of where to see it. =P And technically they are, you just need to jump through more hoops, since they only removed the product page from the Bionicle site... They didn't delete it, though. ;)

Apparently there's still a way to get the Star Justice Deputy Badge, too, using this link and then checking you inbox. Also, is there anyone else who was a member before '05 and didn't get the old-timer badge? :t: :b: :3:

Link doesn't do anything for me. Maybe because I already have the badge. :P Also, I have the Old Timer Badge.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 5 months later...
:o Does My LEGO Network still exist?? Wow. I was such a big fan of that game... with all the tons of accounts I made when I'd finish one. I only remember one though, which was my main LEGO.com account. Feel free to friend request me at "Jel15". I like how I am already on the list... I don't really use the game anymore, because most of the people I know left.EDIT: Oh wait, I've posted in this topic before. I forgot all about this.

I need 40 gray bricks, 40 nebular crystals, many clicks on my group performance module, and many victory banners. Clicks or items will be given in return. If anyone has items to give me, please send me a PM. My MLN name is mimaka.

I have 30 gray bricks, but they aren't trade-able. I have 9 Nebular Chrystals, 10 Hous of Gauntlets Victory Banners, and 1 House of Mantles Victory Banner. Let me know how much you want them for, and I'll trade them. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

MLN is long dead. I stopped caring about it after reaching rank 8 as it was way too hard to gather bricks from then on, although I made a short return for the BIONICLE campaign. It was fun in the earlier ranks, though, and I remember the joy from every badge I got. I was the first MLN user to obtain the World Event Badge, by the way, and everyone asked me about the code then. :D I wonder if they´ll ever come up with a proper replacement?-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It's unfortunate, but that's very true. =/ I wish they would make a replacement, but this time, allow people to get stuff like loops without having to be a certain rank. If only to appeal to those who don't want to go through the game portions.

It's unfortunate, but that's very true. =/ I wish they would make a replacement, but this time, allow people to get stuff like loops without having to be a certain rank. If only to appeal to those who don't want to go through the game portions.

I think a replacement should work without ranks and be similar to the original concept of the Club Pages. Especially if the high ranks are so hard it´s not even fun. Generally, I think there should be a greater variety of modules with less restricitions and fewer mission-oriented modules.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yeah; even that would work... In fact; I don't know why they couldn't have had the rank game and the actual Network pages separate. =/ Sure, it was kinda cool, but, well, it had some things going against it... Like, the fact that it relied on Flash so much. They could've used tabs more(And I don't mean flash ones. =P), and ajax and such. At least, in theory.

Yeah; even that would work... In fact; I don't know why they couldn't have had the rank game and the actual Network pages separate. =/ Sure, it was kinda cool, but, well, it had some things going against it... Like, the fact that it relied on Flash so much. They could've used tabs more(And I don't mean flash ones. =P), and ajax and such. At least, in theory.

Not at that time. MLN was created in 2007. Flash was still highly dominant as a website tool then and hasn´t been replaced by HTML 5, JavaScript and such for most of its purposes before roughly one year ago.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, it was more a what-if statement than anything... That said, though, they had already shown the ability to make stuff without jamming flash down everything and making stuff slow(Like DRC, compared to LRC), so any real flash obsession was kinda just because everyone else was flash obsessed at the time.I concede the AJAX point, though, I keep forgetting when that started to be used in different places, though I could've sworn I had seen tabs way back during 2007... =/ But I know when MLN was created... I was in the Beta, and, well, didn't get far. My computer then was slower than mine now, and that's saying something...(And will change soon enough)Nonetheless, it was still an awesome idea, and I think that if they gave things a try, they could really make it even better, like the jump from Club Pages to MLN(In some ways... Looking at both neutrally, Club Pages had some benefits, like no vote limit, which while it could be abused, made things like trading clicks much easier), or some of the other things they've done.

Those ideas would work well, especially seeing that LEGO really doesn't have a sing multiplayer game out anymore. I would also like to see less Flash. It'd be great if LEGO could start developing in HTML5, but I can see why not as it is a lot to learn, and plenty of people still use IE8 and such. There are public domain JavaScript files to replicate HTML5 in older browsers though, so it's not like LEGO couldn't do it for that reason. I'd definitely like to see LEGO attempt to go that route.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Nonetheless, it was still an awesome idea, and I think that if they gave things a try, they could really make it even better, like the jump from Club Pages to MLN(In some ways... Looking at both neutrally, Club Pages had some benefits, like no vote limit, which while it could be abused, made things like trading clicks much easier), or some of the other things they've done.

The thing is, Club Pages did not require any click trading, which I prefer. It´s unfair if you can´t rise in the ranks just because nobody bothers you although your site is creative while others reach the top by cheating and creating duplicate accounts.

Those ideas would work well, especially seeing that LEGO really doesn't have a sing multiplayer game out anymore. I would also like to see less Flash. It'd be great if LEGO could start developing in HTML5, but I can see why not as it is a lot to learn, and plenty of people still use IE8 and such. There are public domain JavaScript files to replicate HTML5 in older browsers though, so it's not like LEGO couldn't do it for that reason. I'd definitely like to see LEGO attempt to go that route.

Just my thoughts. And anyway, it´s not fair not to do something good just because there are people who don´t care about updating their web browser or simply don´t want to, for whatever reason.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Well, I wasn't talking about click trading to rise in ranks, but click trading for fun, like the rewards for the sticker contests on the LMBs used to be... I forget the exact details, though, since it was so long ago. =/Also, I agree with the HTML 5 attempt; I think it would be something that could be very interesting. =)

Well, if they do try something in the MLN league with HTML5, then I would like it to be a bit more action oriented, even more creative oriented, and less dry economics of click and object trading, which IMO got old real fast. I liked the Bionicle campaign better than the actual MLN, because it gave you cool stickers and backgrounds for the sticker modules. I loved those, but you couldn't put too many of them on your page because of the economics modules that you needed to go on. What I really would like (and this can be part of MLN or separate) would be to create that kind of a thing for HF or even Lego Friends or just general Lego and throw it together. A sticker program, with characters and backgrounds for every Lego theme. I would eat that up. Anyway, I got to rank 5 on MLN. I quit because extracting minerals from Golems was too annoying.

Well, if they do try something in the MLN league with HTML5, then I would like it to be a bit more action oriented, even more creative oriented, and less dry economics of click and object trading, which IMO got old real fast.I liked the Bionicle campaign better than the actual MLN, because it gave you cool stickers and backgrounds for the sticker modules. I loved those, but you couldn't put too many of them on your page because of the economics modules that you needed to go on. What I really would like (and this can be part of MLN or separate) would be to create that kind of a thing for HF or even Lego Friends or just general Lego and throw it together. A sticker program, with characters and backgrounds for every Lego theme. I would eat that up.

Yes, a more creative oriented theme would certainly be great, and action could be interesting as well.The campaigns were probably one of the greatest additions, because it allowed us to actually do something instead of struggling to move up ranks. I completed the BIONICLE campaign quickly however, and wished it continued with the next wave of BIONICLE after that. I begun the LEGO Universe campaign, though it required too much going back and forth, and became hard to keep track of. There was also a few nice LEGO City tie-ins, but they didn't continue to add more City stuff to the game.I really hoped for more campaigns, because they worked better for the game, and also promoted LEGO's products as well. I would have really expected a Hero Factory campaign, and several other would have been nice.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I agree, the BIONICLE campaign was very enjoyable, even more so than the main 'game'. If MLN had been less economic-oriented and more creative-oriented, it would have succeeded better. I think the new MLN shouldn´t have ranks but seperate campaigns (both theme-oriented and not, making room for a huge diversity) which can be completed independent from one another, giving you rewards related to the respective campaign every time you finish one. They should also be more action-oriented (which the City and Robot Chronicles campaigns succeded in with the games) instead of simply consisting of sending messages to networkers.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

^ I agree with that. The Robot Chronicles, both the campaign and game, succeeded in making me play through everything and beat the campaign, in order to get all the rewards. =)(Though it showed that trying to get it faster than others doesn't pay off, as you could only get all of the badges and keep all of the badges after a few weeks/months had passed. xD)

^ I agree with that. The Robot Chronicles, both the campaign and game, succeeded in making me play through everything and beat the campaign, in order to get all the rewards. =)(Though it showed that trying to get it faster than others doesn't pay off, as you could only get all of the badges and keep all of the badges after a few weeks/months had passed. xD)

I remember that. :D Unfortunately, I was too quick so I missed one of the badges after making the final one (I think it was the Racers one) and thus couldn´t obtain all badges anymore. That annoyed me quite a bit. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yeah, same problem here. xD Given that it 'glitched' in the initial playthroughs, or you had to do something very specific, there was really no way of getting it all if you messed up by either completing it in the first day, or not following everything properly. I spent months trying to get the materials needed, for that, though. =P

In my opinion, badges were a little overused in the end. They just weren´t exclusive enough, and those which were like the Beta Tester Badge, the Old Timer Badge or the Kanoka Club Badge ended up going under the rest of the easily obtainable badges.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

You have a point there. The problem was worsened back in the old days, too, when there were url glitches to get the badges, without having had them on the Club Pages. =/ I admit I used them, but I at least had a reason to(Since you couldn't transfer the status from earlier accounts, and though I had an account from back before Galidor was released, I only made my current account in 2007, during the end days of the DRC)... Not everyone can say they legitimately got them at any point, between the club page glitch(Where you signed up and miraculously got the old timer award), and the URL stuff.

Somehow everything LEGO does ends up messed up by people who cheat with URLs and stuff. Hint at DRC. <_< I think they used the WebService.asmx file, it seemed really easy to do.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So, when I went on MLN recently, the letter that I stil had was from "Pedalman Wheelie" about the fact that I could beta-test the LEGO Racers game. Sadly, when that was orignially going on, it had an error in which I was completely unable to beta-test, as it only let me play one race. The game would lock up and nothing would work, therefore not saving. I never got the badge, and that was one of the last things I tried to do on MLN before I gave up. :(

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Gata: Yeah; back when MLN discussion was at a peak, the name for the URL glitch was nicknamed the 'MLN Uberglitch', which just goes to show the similarities. :rolleyes:I think the only thing that didn't get messed up like that was LU... And, well, they still took it down. The only other thing would be LRC, and I think that was just because of the lackluster reception. =PMeiko: Well... That was sent back in 2009, and it's been down for at least a year, if not 2 now...

Meiko: Well... That was sent back in 2009, and it's been down for at least a year, if not 2 now...

No, but I tried playing the game back on 2009. It didn't work properly for me. :

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick