• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official My Lego Network Topic

MLN LEGO.com Ranks

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hmm. That's odd, then. Should've worked then, given that it was still up. Maybe it was a flash issue, since they overloaded the game with Flash?

#42 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hmm. That's odd, then. Should've worked then, given that it was still up. Maybe it was a flash issue, since they overloaded the game with Flash?

Most likely, and LEGO often has bugs at the beginning of things they start, and they use a lot of cookies on their site. I usually like to do things as soon as they start, so it could have been a conflicting cookie. Who knows? It was very frustrating at the time though.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick
LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#43 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:31 PM

Possibly. I know there were some bugs when it first started, but I didn't hear about people not being able play... Unless it was limited, like MLN's initial Beta test.

#44 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 01:38 PM

Possibly. I know there were some bugs when it first started, but I didn't hear about people not being able play... Unless it was limited, like MLN's initial Beta test.

It's not neceessarily that I couldn't play. It was almost like there was a large chunk of Flash Code that was missing, because after I'd finish/win the first race, no controls or buttons would work (so I couldn't go to the next race), but hover effects on the buttons worked, and some animations on the "Race Won" screen continued to work. It was very strange.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#45 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's not neceessarily that I couldn't play. It was almost like there was a large chunk of Flash Code that was missing, because after I'd finish/win the first race, no controls or buttons would work (so I couldn't go to the next race), but hover effects on the buttons worked, and some animations on the "Race Won" screen continued to work. It was very strange.

I remember something similar happening to us at least once but obviously it was sorted out.Let´s try to keep this related to MLN, though. ;)-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#46 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, I've mentioned several reasons for why I left My LEGO Network in previous conversations in this topic, but I've come to a conclusion on the main reason I was almost forced to quit. Communication was very hard in MLN, because they needed to keep it appropriate. The problem with that though was that it was hard to let others know what I needed the most. When my friend who is also an inactive member here (Aramor) who also went to school with me quit, I had very few people who were at my same level who could help me get the required items. Over time and receiving none of those items, I was practically forced to quit, as there was nothing else that I could get done in the game. Who else agrees that the communication would need to be better if LEGO were to make another "social" game?This example I gave also serves as a very good example of what previous comments have stated, that the rank system should be eliminated, and it should have more campaigns in the game. I'd really love to have done many campaigns for things that I'm sure would make good ones. Things like Power Miners, Castle, Agents, etc would have made great campaigns.Maybe something that LEGO could try (they actually have done this for Rebrick, which I'm proud of), is have "Feedback" buttons where users could give input and/or ideas to the game. This, I feel, would help improve LEGO's online games and services, and would make things like My LEGO Network much more successful.
--
Meiko - @georgebarnick

#47 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 07:05 AM

The communication would definitely need to improve. If they need the pre-written messages (which I understand), there needs to be a greater variety of messages.Such a feedback button should be placed all over LEGO.com, at least where there are games.You know, this discussion is giving me ideas... :rolleyes:-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#48 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 31-March 08
  • 5,087 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 10:34 AM

So MLN is still going on? Man, I haven't been on since.. 2009.

#49 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 10:35 AM

I believe so, but you haven't missed anything if you haven't been on in that long. =P

#50 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 11:07 AM

I wouldn´t say that it´s still going in, simply that it hasn´t been shut down. :P-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#51 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 02:12 PM

I believe so, but you haven't missed anything if you haven't been on in that long. =P

There have been some little things added, like I heard from fellow member Mimaka about a LEGO Games "Dice Quest", in which you can earn a badge for completing all of the games. There hasn't been much that I know of besides that though.

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick

#52 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 02:24 PM

That was in 2009. =P They haven't added anything since October 2009, besides maybe a couple stickers(I think the Bionicle Stars ones were the last stickers, too...)

#53 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 02:28 PM

There have been some little things added, like I heard from fellow member Mimaka about a LEGO Games "Dice Quest", in which you can earn a badge for completing all of the games. There hasn't been much that I know of besides that though.

Wasn´t that from 2009, though?EDIT: I guess I shouldn´t have left the tab open for several minutes before replying. :P-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Apr 19 2012 - 02:29 PM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#54 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 01-April 07
  • 3,097 posts

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 04:22 PM

That was in 2009. =P They haven't added anything since October 2009, besides maybe a couple stickers(I think the Bionicle Stars ones were the last stickers, too...)

Odd, because I 'quit' in 2009, and I had never heard of the Dice Quest thing until last week. :P Maybe I left earlier in 2009...

--
Meiko - @georgebarnick

#55 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 04:27 PM

It wasn't exactly advertised well. =P

#56 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,991 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 08:15 PM

And the Dice Quest was too easy. I beat it in an hour, max, and that was basically because of tedium, not brainpower. Tedium, not brainpower. That's MLN for you in a nutshell. :)

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#57 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 08:06 AM

Tedium, not brainpower. That's MLN for you in a nutshell. :)

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.EDIT: Obviously, I mean the new MLN should be brainpower, not tedium. Sorry for writing such an awkard post. :P-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Apr 21 2012 - 05:15 AM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

#58 Offline Actually... I'm Santa

Actually... I'm Santa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,370 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 09:11 AM

I never made it past rank 4. 500 is a lot of clicks, and I don't have them. XP

#59 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,991 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 20 2012 - 07:28 PM

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.-Gata Posted Image

Actually, the sublimital point was that whatever new social networking game Lego tries in the future should involve brains, not tedium. (I think you were being sarcastic, though, with the exception of the latter comment of late rank tediousness)

Edited by fishers64, Apr 20 2012 - 07:28 PM.

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#60 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 21 2012 - 05:13 AM

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.-Gata Posted Image

Actually, the sublimital point was that whatever new social networking game Lego tries in the future should involve brains, not tedium. (I think you were being sarcastic, though, with the exception of the latter comment of late rank tediousness)

I´ve just noticed that I worded my post very, very awkwardly. I meant the new MLN should be brainpower, not tedium. :P Fixing it right now.-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users