• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

BrickFair 2012 Virginia Wrapup: Part 2

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 937 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 11:27 AM

Posted ImageWell that wasn't quite as difficult as I was anticipating. Today I bring you the rest of our BrickFair coverage - and even more great creations abound. You'll have to read on to see everything that was there, but I'll tell you that it was quite the variety.View the full article

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 01:46 PM

Posted ImageI don't know how many times I (and others) walked past this vendor, but the people who ran it became used to our presence. In fact, I made a habit of sifting out the Mega Bloks and K'Nex parts from their bin.

rotr_banner.png

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,277 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 02:07 PM

The thing that caught my eye was the Link mosaic. As always, all of these creations are awesome and nicely built.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 514 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 02:15 PM

Let's see what we've got here...A shoe ( cool one ), Minecraft, an autumnal tree ( that's amazing ), a bunch of space thingies, Castle ( the best part in my opinion; it's got pretty large thingies ), it's-a-me-Mario!, Forge world, Rivendell ( my favorite ) and lots of other cool stuff. Very good.Uh, I think one set depicts a scene from Ghostbusters, am I right?

Edited by The Renegade Emperor, Sep 09 2012 - 02:16 PM.

rorschach.jpg

"Give me smallest finger on man's hand. I'll produce information. Computer unnecessary."

#5 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 804 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 03:53 PM

In fact, I made a habit of sifting out the Mega Bloks and K'Nex parts from their bin.

WHATHow could this happen. This is sacrilegious. And now we have to deal with Hasbro's really gross "Kre-o" stuff too.We must do something terrible to these knock-off bricks (but we can't burn them, because that would release toxins into the atmosphere).(for anyone who doesn't get the tone, I'm goofing around)

Edited by Mister Spock, Sep 09 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#6 Offline fauxname

fauxname
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 06:24 PM

Lots of nice Mocs here, especially the Zelda ones. The sculpture and microscale setup looks great! :biggrin:

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.

#7 Offline UltraHau

UltraHau
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 09 2012 - 07:13 PM

That Zelda mosaic... Just jaw-dropping. Though why is Zelda blond? The mosaic looks like it's based off of Twilight Princess, and Zelda has brunette hair in that game.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.
-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.
-Kopaka Nuva, MoL
I have but one destiny.
-Takanuva, MoL
Posted Image

#8 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,324 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:42 AM

I don't know how many times I (and others) walked past this vendor, but the people who ran it became used to our presence. In fact, I made a habit of sifting out the Mega Bloks and K'Nex parts from their bin.

Yep, that sure was an amazing vendor which I frequently visited. It really did provide a ton of rare loot, such as when the 2001 Kanohi were added. :)~B~

Edited by Ballom, Sep 10 2012 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 05:15 AM

Ahh, they had Calvin & Hobbes mosaics too! Love 'em! ^^

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

#10 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,649 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 09:31 AM

The Link and Zelda mosaics, swan MOC, and shoe MOC were among my favorites out of these pictures. The Space theme has some cool MOCs too.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#11 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 09:57 AM

I don't know how many times I (and others) walked past this vendor, but the people who ran it became used to our presence. In fact, I made a habit of sifting out the Mega Bloks and K'Nex parts from their bin.

Yep, that sure was an amazing vendor which I frequently visited. It really did provide a ton of rare loot, such as when the 2001 Kanohi were added. :)

I envy all the '01 Kanohi you got on the first public day. I went back there with Daiker and Cholie after you showed us your loot, and I only got a blue Kakama.

rotr_banner.png

#12 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,324 posts

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yep, that sure was an amazing vendor which I frequently visited. It really did provide a ton of rare loot, such as when the 2001 Kanohi were added. :)

I envy all the '01 Kanohi you got on the first public day. I went back there with Daiker and Cholie after you showed us your loot, and I only got a blue Kakama.

Actually I only got three masks. :P There were a few that later disappeared that I should have grabbed when I saw them, but ah well. Didn't Chols get a large haul of masks, though?~B~

Posted Image

#13 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:15 PM

Didn't Chols get a large haul of masks, though?

If he did, then I'm very jelly.

rotr_banner.png

#14 Offline ~Aero~

~Aero~
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,037 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 10:41 PM

This was the first actual time I participated, the rest I just visited. The only regret was not going to laser tag, I actually lived somewhat close to the place.

#15 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,006 posts

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 06:59 AM

How many parts are there? Are we going to post a list of those who signed the guest book?Anyways, the only two things of mine that would appear in part two are my small little koala and tree frog, though I can't find the photo of them.Also, as Aero said above, I wish I too would have been able to go to lasertag, but I.guess the organizer's dinner was fun enough (and foooood).
--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#16 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 12:41 PM

Also, as Aero said above, I wish I too would have been able to go to lasertag, but I.guess the organizer's dinner was fun enough (and foooood).

I will never forgive you for not going to Laser Tag and aiming ..................... down with us. No dinner can dare compete.

rotr_banner.png

#17 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,006 posts

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 02:07 PM

Also, as Aero said above, I wish I too would have been able to go to lasertag, but I.guess the organizer's dinner was fun enough (and foooood).

I will never forgive you for not going to Laser Tag and aiming ..................... down with us. No dinner can dare compete.

I'll try to come again next year. OH WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA!Posted ImageGood?

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#18 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 804 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 07:19 PM

BESTIDEAEVER(there would be trench warfare with knocked-over tables)

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#19 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,914 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 07:30 PM

Meiko, that is brilliant.PLATE ..................... DOWN.

rotr_banner.png

#20 Offline Sisen

Sisen
  • Premier Member
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 3,125 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 09:04 PM

That.Or.We just play Laser tag on Saturday night instead, since the 18+ Adult Swim occurs that night anyway.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

#21 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,281 posts

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 01:19 AM

The organizers wil never forgive you, Meiko. *thinks of buisnesspeople in suits and ties wincing in revolt while lasers flash all around them, BZPower members crawling and leaping over tables* :)I thought we wanted to stay on the BrickFair/Lego people's good side...

Edited by fishers64, Sep 13 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#22 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 11,902 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 04:41 AM

The organizers wil never forgive you, Meiko. *thinks of buisnesspeople in suits and ties wincing in revolt while lasers flash all around them, BZPower members crawling and leaping over tables* :)I thought we wanted to stay on the BrickFair/Lego people's good side...

If you think the people at the organizers dinner are wearing suits and very formal, well let's just say you'd be in for a surprise.Fun fact: BZPower tends to be one of the best-dressed groups there, especially for our fancy dinner.

#23 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,006 posts

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 01:32 PM

If you think the people at the organizers dinner are wearing suits and very formal, well let's just say you'd be in for a surprise.Fun fact: BZPower tends to be one of the best-dressed groups there, especially for our fancy dinner.

Oh really? The Ninjago Wiki looked pretty darn good with me in my exclusive Ninjago shirt. Haha. And the organizers are just a bunch of adults in T-shirts with the inner heart of a child.

--
Meiko

#24 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,281 posts

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 02:27 PM

Oh really? The Ninjago Wiki looked pretty darn good with me in my exclusive Ninjago shirt. Haha. And the organizers are just a bunch of adults in T-shirts with the inner heart of a child.

That shows you how many Lego conventions I've been to. Lego is serious buisness, though - glad that at least BZP recognizes that. :P (And the Ninjago wiki, I'm sure).Although I sincerely doubt that even the most fun-loving of organizers would want their dinner interrupted.

Edited by fishers64, Sep 14 2012 - 12:25 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users