• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bootleg Bionicles!

LEGO FUN DOM BOHROK RIPOFF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 01:02 PM

This topic is about FAKE Bionicles. Yup Maskers. Remember to post links to 'em. So yeah. :smeag: NOTE: DO NOT START A FLAME WAR. OK? Right thats got over with lets start! Oh and i forgot;there used to be one like this one! So im sorta bringing it back. :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

#2 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 02:12 PM

Dude, you gotta wait for us. And especially don't double post.Anyway, the Neoshifters from Megabloks seemed pretty confusing and could barely pass as a BIONICLE.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 05:25 PM

I remember this thing called "Invincibility Robot" which looks like a Bionicle ripoff. I remember someone mentioning it in another topic before. Also, I don't have a link. Sorry...

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#4 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 08:25 PM

remember the old star soldiers: http://www.reasonabl...dier2/front.jpg well... They are back:http://www.dealextre...y.dx/sku.130833Oh, and heres a pic of INVINCEBILITY ROBOTS (the picture belongs to toa777, not me) http://www.brickshel...2002/bohrok.jpg

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 08:39 PM

remember the old star soldiers: http://www.reasonabl...dier2/front.jpg well... They are back:http://www.dealextre...y.dx/sku.130833Oh, and heres a pic of INVINCEBILITY ROBOTS (the picture belongs to toa777, not me) http://www.brickshel...2002/bohrok.jpg

That "Kualus" looks disastrous. The Darth Vader head doesn't help either. The "Xplode set' doesn't look too different but it's still a ripoff. Heck, even the Soldier logo looks like the Bionicle logo (on "Kualus") and the Brick logo looks way too much like the Lego one. Is that even legal?

pWPTu7m.jpg

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

#6 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 11 2012 - 09:05 PM

That "Kualus" looks disastrous. The Darth Vader head doesn't help either. The "Xplode set' doesn't look too different but it's still a ripoff. Heck, even the Soldier logo looks like the Bionicle logo (on "Kualus") and the Brick logo looks way too much like the Lego one. Is that even legal?

nope. but they are made in china so I dont know.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#7 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 01:08 PM

nope. but they are made in china so I dont know.

The fake bohrok does look a tiny bit cool. :)

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

#8 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hey, anyone seen these bad ripoffs? They may be called "Max Warrior" on the packaging, but these are clear bootlegs of the BIONICLE 2005 Titans which spinner-launching action just like the originals!Also, this video on Vimeo reveals bootlegged versions of Kazi and a black Fikou.And, Garnira, I see your space soldier pics and I give you this review of a Space Soldier (I can't believe that Darth Vader head is real. Apparently, the heads are very tiny.) and this other one.Someone on Brickshelf named Brickor also revealed a few bootlegs including a boxed full-green Kongu Inika.Also, the "Max Warriors" return here. Apparently, the MWs were bootlegged as well!Last of all, JINZONINGEN73 from Brickshelf reveals Asian bootlegs here.How do you like me now?

Edited by Sybre: Soul Shinipire, Sep 12 2012 - 04:06 PM.

spc_logo.png

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

#9 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hey, anyone seen these bad ripoffs? They may be called "Max Warrior" on the packaging, but these are clear bootlegs of the BIONICLE 2005 Titans which spinner-launching action just like the originals!Also, this video on Vimeo reveals bootlegged versions of Kazi and a black Fikou.And, Garnira, I see your space soldier pics and I give you this review of a Space Soldier (I can't believe that Darth Vader head is real. Apparently, the heads are very tiny.) and this other one.Someone on Brickshelf named Brickor also revealed a few bootlegs including a boxed full-green Kongu Inika.Also, the "Max Warriors" return here. Apparently, the MWs were bootlegged as well!Last of all, JINZONINGEN73 from Brickshelf reveals Asian bootlegs here.How do you like me now?

Do the laungers work on real ones?

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#10 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 01:47 PM

Which launchers? Plenty of launching bootlegs, here.But all of the originals (the ones with launchers) have working launchers.

spc_logo.png

#11 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 01:51 PM

Anyway, the Neoshifters from Megabloks seemed pretty confusing and could barely pass as a BIONICLE.

Just want to point out that Neoshifters are not what classify as a bootleg, as they were (at most) very loosely inspired by Bionicle and did not copy any of TLC's designs. There is a big diference between a clone brand and a knockoff, hard as it is for some people to understand.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#12 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,830 posts

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've seen pictures of the Invincebility Robots before, but I've never seen the Star Soldiers one before. I can't believe someone actually made that. :blink:

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#13 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,834 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 03:39 PM

Neo Shifters weren't a ripoff. They were actually cool, at a time. They were like a cross between Bionicle, Transformers, and Bakugan. (Funnily, they came out before the latter.)Now as for those other things, they are hilarious. I actually found five Rahkshi with wrong spines and wrong staffs marketed as "Space Police."

#14 Offline Raiden: Toa of Storms

Raiden: Toa of Storms
  • Members
  • Toa

• 199 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 06:14 PM

@ tng, any pictures?

I could be still alive, or I could be dead. I don't even know myself...

Whoa. My brain hurt thinking about that.

To put it short, I'm kind if like Ciel Phantomhive, but:

+ parents

+ lego

- demon butler

- mansion

+ happy mood 

#15 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 07:55 PM

Those "Darth Vader" heads look so bad on Rahaga. It's not hiding the fact that it's stolen from Lego.

pWPTu7m.jpg

#16 Offline Zyke the Space Biker

Zyke the Space Biker
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 11:02 PM

Oh wow...

*Impressed whistle* Wow.Is it bad that I actually kinda want some of those last ones?

brokenmr.jpg

#17 Offline Raiden: Toa of Storms

Raiden: Toa of Storms
  • Members
  • Toa

• 199 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 11:08 PM

^^ No. I want them too. ^^

I could be still alive, or I could be dead. I don't even know myself...

Whoa. My brain hurt thinking about that.

To put it short, I'm kind if like Ciel Phantomhive, but:

+ parents

+ lego

- demon butler

- mansion

+ happy mood 

#18 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 11:15 PM

No, no, Zyke. They actually seem pretty cool! I'd like some.

spc_logo.png

#19 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 11:51 PM

Maskers

I see what you did there.Also, those Max Warrior things.. Are actually cool looking. Not that I'd buy one.

#20 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 09:33 AM

Maskers

I see what you did there.Also, those Max Warrior things.. Are actually cool looking. Not that I'd buy one.

No, the Max Warriors were designed to look like 3 of the 2005 Titans. I wouldn't recommend a Max Warrior.

spc_logo.png

#21 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,834 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 14 2012 - 09:34 PM

@Raiden I have no pics, but I can take one later. Maybe.

#22 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members

• 1,701 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hey, anyone seen these bad ripoffs? They may be called "Max Warrior" on the packaging, but these are clear bootlegs of the BIONICLE 2005 Titans which spinner-launching action just like the originals!

KAPAR ON KAPAR WARRIOR ACTIONHeheheh. I love random badly-translated product taglines. XD

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Dreife of the Nine Gold Blades

#23 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 07:26 PM

I actually find the fake Bohrok hilarious. Horrible plastic, molding irregularities, zero quality control, yeah, I get they, but THE COLORS. It would be cool if someone made an MOC of them with the colors all over the place.

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#24 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 07:50 PM

Look at the Bohrok, they didn't even bother to make their own promo image for the box.Chinese ripoff companies are either really stupid or wildly intelligent.

#25 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hmm, apparently Final Fighter was produced. A quick Google search resulted in this, and a lot of football stuff. :P I wonder where I can get a hold of those masks...EDIT: Actually that Brickshelf gallery posted by Sybre shows ebay links, and that same picture. I need some!!I just hope this topic doesn't turn into a big flame war like the last one.And I do kind of like those Bohrok, those pieces would be awesome in those colors. :)

Edited by Click, Sep 15 2012 - 08:51 PM.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#26 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 499 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 09:34 PM

The blue Max Warrior would be cool to own because it would be like having a new Vortixx character. Also some of those other weird looking Toa look really cool imo.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#27 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hmm, apparently Final Fighter was produced. A quick Google search resulted in this, and a lot of football stuff. :P I wonder where I can get a hold of those masks...EDIT: Actually that Brickshelf gallery posted by Sybre shows ebay links, and that same picture. I need some!!I just hope this topic doesn't turn into a big flame war like the last one.And I do kind of like those Bohrok, those pieces would be awesome in those colors. :)

Some of those bootleg Bionicle sets actually don't look that bad. That grey and yellow ones both look pretty neat but I don't know if they're "cheap" and delicate though...

pWPTu7m.jpg

#28 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members

• 1,702 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2012 - 11:49 PM

Some of those bootleg Bionicle sets actually don't look that bad. That grey and yellow ones both look pretty neat but I don't know if they're "cheap" and delicate though...

Yeah, those actually look really awesome. I HAVE to get my hands on one!Edit: I can't seem to find them. Help?

Edited by Sybre: Soul Shinipire, Sep 16 2012 - 12:02 AM.

spc_logo.png

#29 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 499 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 01:24 AM

They probably are cheaper and more delicate then Bionicles. If you got them I wouldn't advise playing with them. Think of how cheap the Bionicle pieces got towards the end of its run compared to how it once was, these would probably be worse. I wonder if they are on Ebay anywhere, or how many were made.

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#30 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 07:24 AM

Somebody make Helryx using the blue one! :D :D

Fake Macku looks cool! SD

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#31 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,064 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm just wondering what "High standards in quality and hygiene" is supposed to mean. Does Vad-omonga floss or something?Also, I really like some of the parts in the bootlegs that Click posted. Those actually look like some decent parts - too bad LEGO never produced them. They look sort of like the prototype Inika, though.Of all the bootlegs, I think those were the most ingenious, mainly because they're not direct ripoffs.

bc8.png

#32 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,178 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 03:01 PM

I recall seeing some Knight's Kingdom bootlegs in some store a few years back - does that count?

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#33 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 02:29 AM

I recall seeing some Knight's Kingdom bootlegs in some store a few years back - does that count?

YUP.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#34 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,178 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 10:58 AM

Good! I'd found them in an Instore back in 2007, as I recall. I never got a photo of them, sadly....

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#35 Offline Haecceity

Haecceity
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 287 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 02:03 PM

Have some links-I don't know if these have been posted yet-so bear with me =3.http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=222470http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=2123147http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=214450http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=275502http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=2198686Anyone seen this ripcord before? :P

9181001334_fd8cffbeed_o.jpg

Vile terror, fearless blight
Haunting ghast, piercing light
Glow or shine or radiate
Sparkle, creep, reveal to sight
Human eyes so weak
To see and then to seek
Meaning for their rights

#36 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,442 posts

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 02:16 PM

My, I had forgotten how funny some of these bootlegs were. That bootleg Gaaki is particularly hilarious. I love how her original head is still visible in that image. :P~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#37 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 09:07 PM

Have some links-I don't know if these have been posted yet-so bear with me =3.http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=222470http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=2123147http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=214450http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=275502http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=2198686Anyone seen this ripcord before? :P

Hmm, the first and second to last are kind of odd. I like that head, and the blue pieces, but it isn't even as flexible as the real Lego set! And they didn't even bother recoloring the images! :PFor the "Berserker" Hagah, that's just stupid. I mean, they pretty much only changed the logo! Nothing else! Pretty funny that they're called "Berserkers" though.The third link is kind of cool. Those canisters would have been nice (although it could shoot the Rahaga Prices through the roof!), and some recolors look nice, but those last few caught my attention. Where on earth did you find that? There's like some Bohrok-Kaita Monster guy there that just looks epic, and then I see a recolored Protocairn, I think, and then some kind of Hordika fusion! Those are just awesome. I wish we had bigger images.I love that they just called that remade Zaktan "Destroy Reborn." I just find it pretty funny, with the Piraka just destroyers, and he's been reborn into a new, fake copy! That Green Avak head would be cool for MOCs, and I really like those feet. Not too bad as a remake. The Metru head is odd though, especially through that mouth. They couldn't at least copy the Piraka head? :PGreat find there,Temporphilic.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#38 Offline Flux: The Explorer

• Members

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 09:13 PM

I just noticed the "Rahaga" in the third link don't have Darth Vader heads. :P

pWPTu7m.jpg

#39 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 499 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2012 - 09:30 PM

Makes me wonder how they got ahold of the molds? Unless they made their own from the actual sets?

brokenmr.jpg

#40 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2012 - 02:05 AM

Makes me wonder how they got ahold of the molds? Unless they made their own from the actual sets?

I think they broke into one of the factories and stole em!

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users