Bootleg Bionicles!

Timelady Gallade

Makes me wonder how they got ahold of the molds? Unless they made their own from the actual sets?
I think they broke into one of the factories and stole em!
Unlikely. I think the people at Billund are pretty good at security, and if there was a Lego mold heist, we would probably hear about it, and we haven't.

Makes me wonder how they got ahold of the molds? Unless they made their own from the actual sets?
I think they broke into one of the factories and stole em!
Unlikely. I think the people at Billund are pretty good at security, and if there was a Lego mold heist, we would probably hear about it, and we haven't.
Good point.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I've found quite a few Hero Factory bootlegs-are these okay here? (Ignore the watermarks.)Here's a bootleg Bulk and VaporBreezStormerFire VillainsGreshSkrallFurnoVon Nebula1.0 series line-up1.0 boxes sideWitch Doctor

Edited by Temporphilic

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

I've found quite a few Hero Factory bootlegs-are these okay here? (Ignore the watermarks.)Here's a bootleg Bulk and VaporBreezStormerFire VillainsGreshSkrallFurnoVon Nebula1.0 series line-up1.0 boxes sideWitch Doctor
The 1.0 pictures line up looks better then the real one! :D

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

i looked at this topic and thought: wow. what the heck is wrong with people. the only ones that look neat are the ones that aren't technically knockoffs.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I've seen quite a few bootleg Av-Matoran in shops. Mostly the Phantoka ones.If there were bootleg Bohrok, I'd probably buy them anyway. Just so my real Bohrok could beat them up.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

remember the old star soldiers: http://www.reasonabl...dier2/front.jpg well... They are back:http://www.dealextre...y.dx/sku.130833Oh, and heres a pic of INVINCEBILITY ROBOTS (the picture belongs to toa777, not me) http://www.brickshel...2002/bohrok.jpg
Are these real? Or did someone just photoshop them?EDIT: Oh, these are real. Why hasen't LEGO sued these people for ripping of BIONICLE's epicness? Edited by Fastcar800

virux4.5-500.jpg

remember the old star soldiers: http://www.reasonabl...dier2/front.jpg well... They are back:http://www.dealextre...y.dx/sku.130833Oh, and heres a pic of INVINCEBILITY ROBOTS (the picture belongs to toa777, not me) http://www.brickshel...2002/bohrok.jpg
Are these real? Or did someone just photoshop them?EDIT: Oh, these are real. Why hasen't LEGO sued these people for ripping of BIONICLE's epicness?
They would, but those cool dudes ninja themselves out of harms way using the same excuse Mega Bloks had. As for ripping of intellectual property, well, you see...
It's not a ripoff! You can see that it's completely different! Kualus does not have a Darth Vader head! Roodaka is not that short! Pahrak is not every color imaginable!
... yeah.

aouROFb.png

see, here's the other thing I don't like, Hasbro hates it when people steal their molds, plus its illegal. than they go and make kreo. you can't complain when someone steals your molds and pull that! It's the same thing, and it wouldn't bother me if they didn't copy write every mold they ever made for, what was it? 90 years?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

This guy has a ton of bootlegs- those final fighters seem like really cool action figures- just not constraction figures (More in the gundam style you could say?). They seem like russian knockoffs, but I wouldn't know.
I find it rather amusing that the fake Vakama's Huna is white. Well, of course, that makes sense, but it's still hilarious.

aouROFb.png

This guy has a ton of bootlegs- those final fighters seem like really cool action figures- just not constraction figures (More in the gundam style you could say?). They seem like russian knockoffs, but I wouldn't know.
Oh wow, I can't believe they actually made that fake Makuta set. What's funny is that it looks kinda cool, but it's really skinny. :P

Oh yeah, I believe those were mentioned (if not that guy's gallery, the same products- the Russian ones). They're perhaps the most original Bionicle knockoffs I've seen; I would've actually like some. :lol:I just noticed that he also has, somewhere else in his folder, this Nidhiki ripoff. Seems to me that it is from the same line as the other Russian ones mentioned above. Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I somewhat wish that INVINCIBILITY ROBOT was a proper set, even though it's incredibly corny. Has some nice parts in it.Anyway, over time I've had 3 bootleg sightings. I've seen 4 bootleg Rahaga, although they didn't have the Vader heads. I've also seen one of the Bohrok-Kal Kaitas as a bootleg, and I think it was one of the Star Soldier sets.I also once bought a bootleg Knights Kindom figure. The torso came unasembled and you had to put all the cogs and gears in yourself. It didn't work. :PMind you it came with some pretty cool Chrome Silver swords.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yeah, I believe those were mentioned (if not that guy's gallery, the same products- the Russian ones). They're perhaps the most original Bionicle knockoffs I've seen; I would've actually like some. :lol:I just noticed that he also has, somewhere else in his folder, this Nidhiki ripoff. Seems to me that it is from the same line as the other Russian ones mentioned above.
Whoa, that one was produced? I wonder if any of the other ones from earlier in this topic were. I really want that one with the drill hands, because his mask looks like a Steampunk Akaku.

Megablocks are basically bootleg Lego's. I think one of their lines was a rip-off of Bionicles.Alternatively, you could view Bionicles as bootleg Transformers :P.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Megablocks are basically bootleg Lego's. I think one of their lines was a rip-off of Bionicles.Alternatively, you could view Bionicles as bootleg Transformers :P.-don't touch my pocket protector
Technically, they aren't bootlegs, because Mega Bloks is not taking any patent-protected intellectual property or deliberately tricking consumers into thinking they are buying Lego.The Supreme Court won't let Lego monopolize the interlocking building block industry, so Mega Bloks was legalized with every technicality in the book.

aouROFb.png

• 1 month later...

I have a bootleg minifig somewhere..Its a lime green driver with weird arms and it says 'Designing the future'.weird

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

Who really cares about hero factory, I had a friend who worked at a factory, he ended up getting fired and thrown into the sea. I love the sea, although its very cold there was that one time though when my friends were thrown into the sea....atleast I think they were my friends they ended up as little fishes hehehe.........Signature-witch-I-havn't-made-yet!!Why did you bother reading this post? CAn't you tell that I am insane? One of my friends is insane, if he is still alive, he kept on threating me that he would kill me unless I fed his pet mice....at leats I think they were mice...maybe they are something else...do mice have wings?? If so these ones did..and there was.......*knockedout by Brutaka who couldn't take it any more*
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

Who really cares about hero factory, I had a friend who worked at a factory, he ended up getting fired and thrown into the sea. I love the sea, although its very cold there was that one time though when my friends were thrown into the sea....atleast I think they were my friends they ended up as little fishes hehehe.........Signature-witch-I-havn't-made-yet!!Why did you bother reading this post? CAn't you tell that I am insane? One of my friends is insane, if he is still alive, he kept on threating me that he would kill me unless I fed his pet mice....at leats I think they were mice...maybe they are something else...do mice have wings?? If so these ones did..and there was.......*knockedout by Brutaka who couldn't take it any more*
I think we can all tell that you are insane. Thank you very much. :P

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Oh yeah, I believe those were mentioned (if not that guy's gallery, the same products- the Russian ones). They're perhaps the most original Bionicle knockoffs I've seen; I would've actually like some. :lol:I just noticed that he also has, somewhere else in his folder, this Nidhiki ripoff. Seems to me that it is from the same line as the other Russian ones mentioned above.
Whoa, that one was produced? I wonder if any of the other ones from earlier in this topic were. I really want that one with the drill hands, because his mask looks like a Steampunk Akaku.
Most of that series apparently was- I've seen pics somewhere, I think it was Jinzoningen's Brickshelf gallery (linked in this topic somewhere).
Sorry for the outburst guys, but I do have a question...Does it matter what contury you are from when it comes to copy-rights?
Copyright law varies by country, but in general it's illegal if it directly takes another product or something, like the repackaged Gresh or the multicolored Bohrok. I'm not an expert on copyright law, I'm sure someone else could correct me if I'm wrong on that stuff.Oh, and just some advice, keep the random "haha I'm insane" babbling to a minimum- it's always best to stay out of character (unless you're in an RPG) and on-topic. ;)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I haven't laughed so hard in a good while! lolThose "Brick" bootlegs are hilarious! I never really knew of any of rip-offs before, but then I saw Neo-Shifters......

I wouldn't call Neo-Shifters a rip-off. TLG had no patent or copyright on the idea of buildable action figures, not even ball-joint-based ones, and so once BIONICLE showed there was a market for them, Mega Bloks was fully within their rights to try and design their own spin on the concept.Certainly Neo-Shifters was meant to take advantage of the audience BIONICLE showed existed among kids at the time, but that doesn't make it a rip-off much more than LEGO Technic was a rip-off of Erector/Meccano.

I've actually never seen a knockoff Bionicle set in a store. I hope I never do. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Dude, you gotta wait for us. And especially don't double post.Anyway, the Neoshifters from Megabloks seemed pretty confusing and could barely pass as a BIONICLE.

I had a few of those back in the day....they were useful for the little light that some of them had on their heads. And that's all. ._.

Oh, and I found a ton of knockoffs.... xD

front.jpg

fake6.jpg

I'd rather not share the rest so I don't spam the page, but I found many more. :)

Edited by MisterGryphon

iwRQGDg.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.