Bootleg Bionicles!

Timelady Gallade

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Meiko , it wont show. :(

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Even the ones I linked to from my Brickshelf? Why is it that these only work for me? :???: Well here is the Brickshelf folder when public. The one thing I do give credit to whoever made these bootlegs is that I do see quite a few unique molds.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Even the ones I linked to from my Brickshelf? Why is it that these only work for me? :???: Well here is the Brickshelf folder when public. The one thing I do give credit to whoever made these bootlegs is that I do see quite a few unique molds.

The brickshelf links are working for me.Anyway, it's clear the larger sets from that line are based heavily on BIONICLE titan sets. This is a Keetongu knock-off, this a Sidorak knock-off, this a Makuta knock-off (as you guessed). The same company that made the parts (not sure who it was originally; seems these have been released under a number of brand names) also designed knock-offs of a Visorak, Jaller & Gukko, Takua & Pewku, Nidhiki, Krekka, and Turaga Dume & Nivawk. Overall, though, I rate these a bit higher than most bootleg brands because their building elements are original and their smaller hero (Toa) / villain (Rahkshi) models are not based on any individual characters.However, it still baffles me that a company with the creative potential to create parts and models that were all their own made larger sets that were obvious knock-offs, despite how much easier it might have been to use their unique part designs to create unique figures rather than have to use unconventional part combinations to imitate existing BIONICLE products.

So are these pieces from those knockoffs compatible with Bionicle pieces?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I just thought of something about the Darth Rahaga Star Soldiers. I don't think they stole the molds. My theory is that the Star Soldier people actually bought a lot of Rahaga and used their own mold for the Vader heads.Either that, or they really did steal molds.

mindeth the cobwebs

My theory is that the Star Soldier people actually bought a lot of Rahaga and used their own mold for the Vader heads.

Doesn't seem like a very good way to make a decent profit...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I found some Hero Factory Bootlegs called them Tutelary storm! Click here!

I found them on this website called Sulit.com

Edited by Felinuva

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

They even have the same image for the box cover. Wow. That is really, really sad.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I found some Hero Factory Bootlegs called them Tutelary storm! Click here! I found them on this website called Sulit.com

They even have the same image for the box cover. Wow. That is really, really sad.

Actually, notice how the cores are different? Look closely at Stormer and Furno's chests.

mindeth the cobwebs

I found some Hero Factory Bootlegs called them Tutelary storm! Click here! I found them on this website called Sulit.com

Actually, notice how the cores are different? Look closely at Stormer and Furno's chests.

Not sure if photoshopped different cores, or took the time to get the exact same pose using the bootleg set. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Why haven't these compainies been arrested for taking LEGO's work and claiming it as their own?

LEGO sues for copyright infringement, and I've never seen LEGO lose a case to a company like these. Sometimes its hard to do anything about though, and occasionally you can find these in stores. My friend in Hong Kong who runs HK LUG often posts pictures to a social network of various knockoff products he's found in stores.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Why haven't these compainies been arrested for taking LEGO's work and claiming it as their own?

For one thing, it's harder for Lego to pursue legal action in some countries. For another, Lego has limited resources; so it's not always practical for Lego to pursue legal action against smaller bootleg producers, since it's unlikely that they'll get what they invest in the case back. Lego can and does take legal action against bootleggers in many cases, but that doesn't stop new bootleggers from rising up to take their place. It's the same story as with any other sort of counterfeit goods; Apple's legal actions against producers of counterfeit iPhones don't stop new counterfeiters from replacing them, because the demand is high enough to make cheaper fake versions profitable.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For one thing, it's harder for Lego to pursue legal action in some countries. For another, Lego has limited resources; so it's not always practical for Lego to pursue legal action against smaller bootleg producers, since it's unlikely that they'll get what they invest in the case back. Lego can and does take legal action against bootleggers in many cases, but that doesn't stop new bootleggers from rising up to take their place. It's the same story as with any other sort of counterfeit goods; Apple's legal actions against producers of counterfeit iPhones don't stop new counterfeiters from replacing them, because the demand is high enough to make cheaper fake versions profitable.
As well, different countries have different copyright laws, some with more loopholes than others.

aouROFb.png

Meiko, your links are busted.

Truth be told some of the shaping used on the bootleg pieces is very interesting. I've bought a couple bootleg sets before, but did the sane thing to do and eradicated them...banished them out of my collection!!!

The quality of the pieces is just ridiculous..And don't even get me started on how the pieces "don't play well with others." You want a nightmare? Try connecting an original Lego piece to one that isn't.

It's a good thing that TLG has a patent for the building style used for HF sets though...Can you imagine the absurdity that might arise? I don't want to visualize that :P

Wow. I was wrong. Anyways, bootleg is for chumps.

:tohu:

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I found some Hero Factory Bootlegs called them Tutelary storm! Click here!I found them on this website called Sulit.com

Well, it's slightly different- Stringer's got purple box art and also a purple core, I think.

It's a good thing that TLG has a patent for the building style used for HF sets though...Can you imagine the absurdity that might arise? I don't want to visualize that :P

Dude, you don't even know. :lol: Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

And I thought that Hero Factory was bad!

And I think that the bootleg Keetongu had a Rahkshi-style head. Interesting, and somewhat ironic.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

It's not just Bionicle bootlegs, if you didn't already expect. The characters even have the same names...

561916_10151150509988897_1974898175_n.jpg

I wonder if the same companies that make the knockoff Bionicle sets do other themes, or if it is completely different companies for different LEGO theme knockoffs...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

When I went to China I bought a Bohrok-Kal. Looked just like the actual set once built. I don't use that much and have never taken it apart or anything, I built it, and played with it. Nearly EVERY piece is cracking.

(Can't post pictures. Sorry!)

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

some of these are just sad but anyway a quick google search and i find This names are a bit diffrent but its just like what were you ppl thinking making those this one is a bit hard to see but here is this one can't tell what it is

Edited by Tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

some of these are just sad but anyway a quick google search and i find This names are a bit diffrent but its just like what were you ppl thinking making those this one is a bit hard to see but here is this one can't tell what it is

Those are pretty cool! Especially the second!

mindeth the cobwebs

These look like the company thought

"Take BIONICLE, make em' have stupid names, make em' look with lame combiner models"

virux4.5-500.jpg

i got more stuff for ya all This is a total direct copy. and this isn't Bionicle but still Lego. honestly most of the stuff i've seen are just either failed versions or direct copy's. wonder what other stuff is out there. using Bing i find another This named link and a few more stuff here is a fake version of whenua. and something called masker. the second row with the tall legged things look like an interesting design. I found one more thing but i don't think i should post a link to it but its called Bionicle of war. its a line of human action figures i don't' know if thats bootleg at all but it steals the name

Edited by Tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Here are some pictures I took from an Invincibility Robot Vakama I own. I also have a Whenua version and three Bohrok (Invincibility Robot models). Then I have a very similar fusion bootleg set to what were already posted. It's the Onewa Hordika/Matau Hordika fusion as its own fake set. Then I also have all the 2008 Av-Matoran as Invincibility Robot versions.

One thing I can say about the fake sets is that the quality of the plastic is horrible. My fake Tanma has nothing but broken pieces. Also, the Rhotuka function in the Onewa/Matau bootleg work, but only barely. They're definately not very thought out, but that's not surprising, I guess, since those chinese companies didn't even care to create new designs or new logos.

remember the old star soldiers: http://www.reasonabl...dier2/front.jpg well... They are back:http://www.dealextre...y.dx/sku.130833Oh, and heres a pic of INVINCEBILITY ROBOTS (the picture belongs to toa777, not me) http://www.brickshel...2002/bohrok.jpg

Are these real? Or did someone just photoshop them?EDIT: Oh, these are real. Why hasen't LEGO sued these people for ripping of BIONICLE's epicness?

Luckily, for the most part, they have ( aside from the star soldiers )

It's not just Bionicle bootlegs, if you didn't already expect. The characters even have the same names...

561916_10151150509988897_1974898175_n.jpg

I wonder if the same companies that make the knockoff Bionicle sets do other themes, or if it is completely different companies for different LEGO theme knockoffs...

I'm kind of sad that lego didn't make those ColeZX and Rattla booster packs.

The brickshelf links are working for me.Anyway, it's clear the larger sets from that line are based heavily on BIONICLE titan sets. This is a Keetongu knock-off, this a Sidorak knock-off, this a Makuta knock-off (as you guessed). The same company that made the parts (not sure who it was originally; seems these have been released under a number of brand names) also designed knock-offs of a Visorak, Jaller & Gukko, Takua & Pewku, Nidhiki, Krekka, and Turaga Dume & Nivawk. Overall, though, I rate these a bit higher than most bootleg brands because their building elements are original and their smaller hero (Toa) / villain (Rahkshi) models are not based on any individual characters.However, it still baffles me that a company with the creative potential to create parts and models that were all their own made larger sets that were obvious knock-offs, despite how much easier it might have been to use their unique part designs to create unique figures rather than have to use unconventional part combinations to imitate existing BIONICLE products.

Is it just me, or does the Makuta ripoff's head look like stormers mask? :blink:

Dude, you gotta wait for us. And especially don't double post.Anyway, the Neoshifters from Megabloks seemed pretty confusing and could barely pass as a BIONICLE.

I had a few of those back in the day....they were useful for the little light that some of them had on their heads. And that's all. ._.

Oh, and I found a ton of knockoffs.... xD

front.jpg

fake6.jpg

I'd rather not share the rest so I don't spam the page, but I found many more. :)

It may show normal bohrok on the front of the boxes, but when you actually open them up, all the parts are multicolored.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Notice that most if not all bootlegs are made in China.

Because over here in China maufacturers make all sort of fake stuffs just so they can make huge money out of it. Heck, they even have a fake Disneyland :(

A little warning if you want to get your hands on these, some factories in China might use poor materials to create products in order to lower production cost. These plastics might be fragile or even toxic.

(Luckily I live in Hong Kong so I don't suffer from these fake stuffs, but it is rather funny and sad at the same time to see things like these)

Edited by Podu
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a stand at the mall I go to that sells those illegal bootleg Lego sets.

In America? That's interesting actually.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

There is a stand at the mall I go to that sells those illegal bootleg Lego sets.

In America? That's interesting actually.

Yeah, here in San Francisco, California they sell bootlegs. I haven't actually checked them out, but you can expect some pictures in a couple weeks.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.