Bootleg Bionicles!

Timelady Gallade

I've never seen the 2009 bootlegs before. The website claims that these are "Great decoration for any home and office." :P

LOL! Wow maybe they should recheck that :D

What!? The makers don't even bothering changing the canister!

I noticed that too! O.o

I'd assume that the reason for that is that they don't actually make bootleg products, but buy Bionicle sets and add their own labels to the packaging...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I noticed that too! O.o
I'd assume that the reason for that is that they don't actually make bootleg products, but buy Bionicle sets and add their own labels to the packaging...
That'd be rather odd, the only power of the bootlegs is that they're cheaper than the actual product, so it wouldn't be so profitable :)

I'm back!

I noticed that too! O.o
Recycled canisters...

That could be a possibility, maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

I found some rahaga called "Roboticles" at a dollar store. They were identical except for the name and that they had canisters.

That's totally an orignal name.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

I have seen a photo on google where some cheapo bought bionicle sets, re-packaged them as "Bio-Blocks" (They don't have anything to do with blocks!) And slapped them on a store shelf for what looked like $99.90. And I was like: "What the Heck? THAT'S STRONIUS!!!"

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I have seen a photo on google where some cheapo bought bionicle sets, re-packaged them as "Bio-Blocks" (They don't have anything to do with blocks!) And slapped them on a store shelf for what looked like $99.90. And I was like: "What the Heck? THAT'S STRONIUS!!!"

I'm pretty sure it would have been for $9.99....

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

They work for me sometimes. Copy the URL and re-add the http:// and it should work. Weird... They worked earlier without trouble.

EDIT: I'm going to save them to my Brickshelf and relink them

EDIT 2: Here they are on my Brickshelf:

I don't know about everyone else, but these things actually look pretty cool. And imagine the MOC possibilities...

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Well, the blue Iruini seems cool.

Blue?, that's just green with strange lighting

Oh, my mistake. Sorry. Anyway, a $100 does seem crazy for Stronius. I'd hate to see a mask pack at that price...

It should be noted that America isn't the only country that uses the "$" sign, and that it doesn't always mean dollars. Often, particularly in the Spanish-speaking world, it means pesos, and since the user who originally posted that picture to the Internet speaks Spanish, chances are that's the currency used wherever this picture was taken.One of the more well-known varieties of peso here in the U.S., the Mexican peso, is less than one twelfth the value of a U.S. dollar, so $99.90 (Mexican pesos) would be $8.20 (U.S. dollars). Hardly an exorbitant price, even for the Hero Factory figures (since Hero Factory prices are likely higher in that country than in the U.S, as is the case with most LEGO prices in most countries).

Oh, my mistake. Sorry. Anyway, a $100 does seem crazy for Stronius. I'd hate to see a mask pack at that price...

It should be noted that America isn't the only country that uses the "$" sign, and that it doesn't always mean dollars. Often, particularly in the Spanish-speaking world, it means pesos, and since the user who originally posted that picture to the Internet speaks Spanish, chances are that's the currency used wherever this picture was taken.One of the more well-known varieties of peso here in the U.S., the Mexican peso, is less than one twelfth the value of a U.S. dollar, so $99.90 (Mexican pesos) would be $8.20 (U.S. dollars). Hardly an exorbitant price, even for the Hero Factory figures (since Hero Factory prices are likely higher in that country than in the U.S, as is the case with most LEGO prices in most countries).

That makes sense. And $8.20 sounds miles more reasonable.

mindeth the cobwebs

In that case, I need to visit Mexico.

HERE!

I wouldn't recommend it. These knock-offs are usually distinctly lower in quality than the official sets (how else do you think they sell them for so little and still turn a profit?), and considering that sets like Stronius were released while the "breaking joints" issue was still fairly prevalent, I imagine it would be even worse in knockoff versions. Not to mention that I'm not sure when and where this pic was taken. By now they may have moved on to copying newer Hero Factory sets, and it might be hard to find older BIONICLE knock-offs in as many places.If you want discontinued BIONICLE sets like the ones being copied here, probably better to order them online. Stronius, for instance, can be bought on Bricklink for $9.00, which is still cheaper than his original MSRP. Iruini can be bought for even less, although some of the listings are missing the instructions or packaging. Sure, you will likely be getting the sets second-hand, but you'll also be getting the real deal, which is probably much more useful than getting a knock-off.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend it. These knock-offs are usually distinctly lower in quality than the official sets (how else do you think they sell them for so little and still turn a profit?), and considering that sets like Stronius were released while the "breaking joints" issue was still fairly prevalent, I imagine it would be even worse in knockoff versions. Not to mention that I'm not sure when and where this pic was taken. By now they may have moved on to copying newer Hero Factory sets, and it might be hard to find older BIONICLE knock-offs in as many places.If you want discontinued BIONICLE sets like the ones being copied here, probably better to order them online. Stronius, for instance, can be bought on Bricklink for $9.00, which is still cheaper than his original MSRP. Iruini can be bought for even less, although some of the listings are missing the instructions or packaging. Sure, you will likely be getting the sets second-hand, but you'll also be getting the real deal, which is probably much more useful than getting a knock-off.
Well, what if someone actually wants them? Like, I know they are "worse-qualitied", but you never know.

Garnira-

That was mentioned ten days ago. It is actually very cheep.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

• 2 weeks later...