Did They Know? **SPOILER**

Cratak

I was just reading through BS01, and I noticed that of the six Matoran that were suspicious of the newcoming "Toa" (Piraka), it was Balta and Garan that found out the truth.

Does that mean that Velika just decided not to tell the others that they were indeed Piraka for his own reasons? Why?

Highlight above for "spoiler".

Edited by Cratak

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Well, there could be a few answers to that.For 1, he might have been deceived with the rest of them, (unlikely, IMO)2, he didn't realize what harm they could do before it was too late, (Most likely, IMO) or 3, he just didn't find the need to interfere until the antidermis came into play. (Medium likeliness, IMO)That's what I think, personally.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

I don't think you needed to hide that, as it's old news now. But if you do want to hide a spoiler, use the spoiler tags: (spoiler)Insert spoiler here.(/spoiler), except with [ ] brackets instead of parentheses. Anyway, he probably recognized them as Skakdi and knew they were up to no good, but he wouldn't want to give himself away. Other Matoran figured it out easily enough, so why risk blowing his cover?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I don't think you needed to hide that, as it's old news now. But if you do want to hide a spoiler, use the spoiler tags: (spoiler)Insert spoiler here.(/spoiler), except with [ ] brackets instead of parentheses.
Thanks! Well, it's still got spoiler tags everywhere else, so I decided to go ahead and do it here just in case.I just quickly read through the last chapter of The Yesterday Quest, and it says that the Great Being had plans for Spherus Magna that needed "to be stopped". It was also stated giving the impression that his plans were already in action. What do y'all make of this?

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Mata Nui created the Skakdi, so it's possible that Velika didn't even know about them. He might have assumed that some Toa had undergone some sort of mutation or something. The fact that he suspected that they were evil and joined the resistance, however, might have been partially as a result of his GB knowledge.However, I have reason to doubt even that, as the GBs expected the Toa to go rogue. Likely as not, he thought of them as "rogue Toa", but he would naturally agree that rogue Toa would need to be stopped. And this is on the GB revelation, not the other one, so no spoiler tags are necessary, I think.

Mata Nui created the Skakdi, so it's possible that Velika didn't even know about them. He might have assumed that some Toa had undergone some sort of mutation or something. The fact that he suspected that they were evil and joined the resistance, however, might have been partially as a result of his GB knowledge.
I'm going to disagree on that point - I think he would have known quite a bit about what the Piraka were and what they were doing. After all, the reason Velika chose to live in the Matoran Universe was to observe events going on in there. If he couldn't recognise a species that had been around for 70,000 years, he's doing a rubbish job of observing.Sure, he'd been stuck on Voya Nui for a thousand of those, but I think he would have been quite up-to-date on events within the universe at least up until the Great Cataclysm. We know from Reign of Shadows and The Yesterday Quest that Angonce had some sort of ancient equipment the monitored Spherus Magna and alerted him to events going on there, so it would be reasonable that Velika would have had something similar to allow him to better observe the MU.If he had been doing his job properly, he would have known about the Brotherhood of Makuta's rebellion, about how the Skakdi were mutated in Spiriah's experiments to their current appearences, and that most of them were now very angry, violent, and generally bad news. He may also have known of the Dark Hunter organisation, even if he didn't recognise these specific members.Things he may not have known about were what antidermis did to Matoran and that these Skakdi knew the Ignika was on the island and were searching for it. After all, antidermis was created by Mata Nui, not the GBs, and it wasn't exactly a common substance. How many times in the MU's history would a matoran have been infected by the essence of a Makuta? Enough for Teridax to know about the results, but I'm guessing not very many other times. Makuta were generally very protective of their insides, and didn't go throwing them around willy-nilly.If Velika didn't know these things when the Piraka turned up, he may not have seen any reason to speak up until it was much too late. He would have known there would be some trouble, but he probably had no idea how bad it would be. That's my theory on the question of why he didn't say anything earlier, but he was suspicious enough of the Piraka to avoid being enslaved by them and then later join the resistance.

ppg2.png

Well, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a hypothetical good Velika needing to blend. He can voice suspicions about the Piraka, and join a group of Matoran who have their own suspicions, giving them slight strength in numbers, and hope that they will find evidence of the suspicion. They do, and so there is no need to blow his cover. :)Pretty simple, really.Of course, we don't know if his motivations were pure.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Mata Nui created the Skakdi, so it's possible that Velika didn't even know about them. He might have assumed that some Toa had undergone some sort of mutation or something. The fact that he suspected that they were evil and joined the resistance, however, might have been partially as a result of his GB knowledge.
I'm going to disagree on that point - I think he would have known quite a bit about what the Piraka were and what they were doing. After all, the reason Velika chose to live in the Matoran Universe was to observe events going on in there. If he couldn't recognise a species that had been around for 70,000 years, he's doing a rubbish job of observing.Sure, he'd been stuck on Voya Nui for a thousand of those, but I think he would have been quite up-to-date on events within the universe at least up until the Great Cataclysm. We know from Reign of Shadows and The Yesterday Quest that Angonce had some sort of ancient equipment the monitored Spherus Magna and alerted him to events going on there, so it would be reasonable that Velika would have had something similar to allow him to better observe the MU.If he had been doing his job properly, he would have known about the Brotherhood of Makuta's rebellion, about how the Skakdi were mutated in Spiriah's experiments to their current appearences, and that most of them were now very angry, violent, and generally bad news. He may also have known of the Dark Hunter organisation, even if he didn't recognise these specific members.
Now remember that the other Matoran on the island of Voya Nui didn't know about the Skakdi either. They didn't know that the Skakdi weren't Toa. Further, aside from some rogue Skakdi working for the Dark Hunters, Skakdi weren't very common outside the island of Zakaz. Zaktan and Co. were pretty confident that convincing the villagers that they were Toa would work, indicating that Skakdi had not been there before.Velika might have traveled in earilier times before settling on Voya Nui, but then you would think that Garan and Co. would know that and not exactly welcome him (Look what they did to Takua!). We didn't see them express any reservations - Velika was welcomed, no question. He had been around for awhile, at least.

Velika might have traveled in earilier times before settling on Voya Nui, but then you would think that Garan and Co. would know that and not exactly welcome him (Look what they did to Takua!).
This point doesn't work, IMO. I think you're referring to the 2001 Takua situation, yes? That was in the context of the memory loss, being trapped on one island, and the Rahi ruling the wild of that island under control of Makuta, specifically to keep them there and out of Metru Nui. They developed a culture of dis-Unity based on this forgetfulness and to artificially reinforce the idea of staying out of the wild. However, they did travel to some extent as needed for trade; they didn't like Takua because he seemed to enjoy it.That situation doesn't necessarily translate to the normal MU. Later (although the name change part of this was retconned) the Matoran as a whole re-embraced Unity. And Vakama welcomed Takua despite his having traveled (indeed because of it since Takua rescued him at one point, and later established the Chronicler's Company, playing a crucial role for the villagers in defeating the Rahi).Also, Velika could have lived any kind of life prior to being damaged and being sent to Karzahni for repairs. The time when he bonded with the other Voyatoran could have begun at that time, or later when they were moved to the southern continent. There's no reason he couldn't have traveled a lot prior to that even if there was such an anti-travel culture.But I doubt there really was, as Greg once commented that news travels fast in the normal MU (the domes). It seems that inter-island/continental travel was normal.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)