• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

[Update 10/17] Red Star Revelations

Red Star Greg Farshtey The Powers That Be

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#281 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,484 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 02:44 AM

Updated first post with new information:
Spoiler
Spoiler

jlovfkk.jpg

#282 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,933 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 03:38 AM

:DFor the record, enough time has passed that we don't need spoiler tags for the previous info, but please do use them for these latest two spoilers in Erebus's post above. :)

#283 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,102 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 03:48 AM

More awesome reveals.
Spoiler

Edited by KlakWest, Oct 10 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#284 Offline flynn58

flynn58
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,518 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 04:22 AM

More Greg reveals?This is most interesting. As in, posting at 5:30 in the morning interesting. Lhikan definitely will be a nice twist to the story.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-GregF
weliveon.gif
BZPRPG Profiles

#285 Online Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 10:11 AM

Information is pouring in, but I can't help but feel its a sign Greg isn't planning to finish the two serials...
Spoiler

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#286 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,105 posts

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 10:36 AM

Spoiler

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#287 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 287 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 11:23 AM

Man, more new information? So much now!I hope this means that there will be more serial updates, but I guess we can't be sure.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

And now; our long, long wait is finally over.

#288 Offline Code Name: Raven

Code Name: Raven
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 12:42 PM

A particular thing I'm curious about is if the Makuta's transition to antidermis, being unforseen (I think?), impacted their ability to be taken to the Red Star?

#289 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 01:06 PM

This additional information is nice, but I'm not as excited by the content of it as much as the fact that we've gotten more information just three days after the last bit.
Spoiler

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#290 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 702 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 01:25 PM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Oct 10 2012 - 03:54 PM.
Please use the spoiler tag next time, not just the word "spoiler". :) -bones

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#291 Offline Lewa Krom

Lewa Krom
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 01:38 PM

Do we know if Greg intends to finish the serials? Because, if not, I hope that he allows bonesiii to finish it for him. These revelations are nice, but actual chapters would be better. (Not saying I don't want the revelations...)Let's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom

-- Greg Farshtey

#292 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 02:20 PM

Spoiler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#293 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 02:40 PM

Spoiler

Do we know if Greg intends to finish the serials? Because, if not, I hope that he allows bonesiii to finish it for him. These revelations are nice, but actual chapters would be better. (Not saying I don't want the revelations...)Let's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom

To the first question, we don't know. And no. Just no. :wince:Vastly different writing styles there...aside from the time and information problems involved. Nothing will replace a chapter from GregF IMO...except a chapter from GregF. :)Just my opinion though...no insult meant to bonesiii.

#294 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,933 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 04:18 PM

Spoiler

A particular thing I'm curious about is if the Makuta's transition to antidermis, being unforseen (I think?), impacted their ability to be taken to the Red Star?

There was no transition to antidermis; they were always antidermis. It was a transition to a gaseous state. See here:http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/AntidermisAnywho, that transition might have affected things, not sure. Here's what it says about how to kill Makuta:

Antidermis can be destroyed by intense heat, such as Plasma or concentrated Fire, and can also crystallize if exposed to extremely low temperatures for an extended period of time; such crystallization will kill the Makuta. A free-floating Makuta can keep themselves together through will for short periods of time; however, after about two weeks of exposure, they will dissipate and die.

In the case of burning or dissipation, clearly this means they can't be taken, but the question is if they could before. The first sentence here may imply that yes, their original solid forms could be destroyed by intense heat (but probably not by dissipation?? :shrugs:).Also, not sure the crystallization thing has ever actually happened or how that would affect things.

*is flattered*But yeah, that would be pretty weird. :PNo offense taken, fishers. ^_^ If it was going to be continued by fans, realistically there would be a more open, Story-Squad-poll-like process to decide who, almost certainly, mainly because Greg cannot read fan fiction so he couldn't determine who is close enough to his style and the like. Possibly even an open contest, if we didn't mind being given all the details up front (as we're being given many anyways).

#295 Offline Great Being Velika

Great Being Velika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 264 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 11:31 PM

Cool to hear something else from Greg. :)

Edited by Brander, Oct 10 2012 - 11:32 PM.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

#296 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 02:58 AM

Umm...
Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Oct 11 2012 - 06:00 AM.
Spoiler tag added. -bones

#297 Offline GallifreyanOrigin

GallifreyanOrigin
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 302 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 05:12 AM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Oct 11 2012 - 06:00 AM.
Spoiler tag added. -bones

| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

#298 Offline Toa Lhikan Hordika

Toa Lhikan Hordika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 5,106 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 12:21 PM

This is all very exciting news.
Spoiler
- :t: :l: :h:

Edited by Toa Lhikan Hordika, Oct 11 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Do you happen to own a Gray Plastic Krana-Kal (GPKK)?

If so, please check out my topic to see if you have one I need.

I am offering $100 USD or a White Metal Krana-Kal (WMKK) to either anyone who can either give me a lead to a GPKK that works out or to whoever owns one that I need and sells it to me directly.

#299 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 702 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 01:27 PM

Let's hope the spoiler tags work for me this time cuz' I hate it when they don't work and Bonesiii has to fix them (thanks bro).
Spoiler
WOO! It worked!

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon, Oct 12 2012 - 01:47 PM.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#300 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 02:00 PM

Spoiler

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#301 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,933 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 11 2012 - 02:56 PM

Spoiler

Edited by bonesiii, Oct 11 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#302 Offline unknown456

unknown456
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:12 PM

In regards to the 10/7 reveal (which I'm pretty sure we don't need spoiler tags for), dosen't that make Marendar kind of well, a moot idea? Since one of the Red Star 's many functions is to turn matoran(destined?) who are outside the M.U. into Toa, and Marendar's purpose is to kill all Toa (good or not) who are on Spherus Magna, this seems like a rather strange idea, because it seems to me that the Red Star would give Marendar a near endless supply of Toa to kill. But, who knows? maybe the G.B.'s did that on purpose to let Marendar have some fun http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif . Or maybe the G.B.'s intended that, to get rid of both species at the same time, making any nessisary "clean-up" easier.

#303 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 702 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:22 PM

The whole point of Marendar was to protect the Agori from a Toa threat (that sounds so weird). Once the threat is resolved, Marendar would shut down or something. And I think the Red Star was supposed to shut down once Mata Nui did, rendering revival and Toa creation useless and therefore, halted. My theory at least.

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon, Oct 12 2012 - 03:23 PM.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#304 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,933 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 03:23 PM

In regards to the 10/7 reveal (which I'm pretty sure we don't need spoiler tags for), dosen't that make Marendar kind of well, a moot idea? Since one of the Red Star 's many functions is to turn matoran(destined?) who are outside the M.U. into Toa, and Marendar's purpose is to kill all Toa (good or not) who are on Spherus Magna, this seems like a rather strange idea, because it seems to me that the Red Star would give Marendar a near endless supply of Toa to kill. But, who knows? maybe the G.B.'s did that on purpose to let Marendar have some fun http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif . Or maybe the G.B.'s intended that, to get rid of both species at the same time, making any nessisary "clean-up" easier.

That's just one planet out of vast numbers of alien worlds he landed on, and of course Aqua Magna after the GC, prior to the Reforming. Plenty of other worlds an Inika-style Toaization could possibly be needed on. (The RS comes with Mata Nui on those voyages.)And the idea was to support any need for the planet to be reformed. Now that that's happened, the original assumption that the MU beings including Toa were basically just technology and should shut down after the Task is done comes into play. Marendar was built with that in mind, as Angonce thinks about in that scene. So if all had gone according to plan, there shouldn't be anymore Matoran to become Toa, or missions for them.

#305 Offline Lewa Krom

Lewa Krom
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,580 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 04:01 PM

Maybe when Marendar kills an MU inhabitant, they aren't sent up to the Red Star and are instead permanently killed. Like they aren't sent to the Red Star at all.

-- Greg Farshtey

#306 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 07:01 PM

Theory:Given that the timed teleportation thing on the bodies, I'm very close to scrapping the idea that people outside the MU can't be teleported to the RS. They would just have to be in range of whatever teleports the dead beings in question to the star. I think it would be some sort of technological device. :shrugs:Unless there are like some machines in dead beings that activate upon death, but then the teleportation would work regardless of them being inside the MU. And since Tren Krom thought he could be teleported to the Red Star, and he's pretty organic...not exactly. I suppose if the whole thing was an innate quality of protodermis to teleport dead things to the Red Star, that would work as well, but the same rule still applies...if the Matoran take the MU apart and build shelters out of it, then probably the same rule would still apply.A few questions:It occurred to me - how does the technology of the Red Star determine when an inhabitant is inside the MU? Maybe the MU inhabitants can steal the teleporters and build like a zone of safety or something for the Toa? Or is that a bit much to ask?Speaking of which, where are these things? You would think there would be a way to access them in case they malfunctioned...I think they might be something we already know...

#307 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 07:02 PM

Spoiler

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#308 Offline TuragaOfVirtues

TuragaOfVirtues
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 925 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 08:55 PM

Spoiler

qSvBogp.jpg

#309 Offline Flex Likes Groot

Flex Likes Groot
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 09:30 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Flex Capacitor, Oct 12 2012 - 09:41 PM.

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#310 Offline GallifreyanOrigin

GallifreyanOrigin
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 302 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 12 2012 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by XyzTheDay!, Oct 12 2012 - 11:38 PM.

| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

#311 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 12:58 AM

Spoiler

#312 Offline TuragaOfVirtues

TuragaOfVirtues
  • Members

• 925 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 08:39 AM

Spoiler

qSvBogp.jpg

#313 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members

• 702 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 08:55 AM

Spoiler

Edited by TNT-DJ Vezon, Oct 13 2012 - 08:58 AM.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#314 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 02:29 PM

Spoiler

#315 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:09 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Meta-Mind, Oct 13 2012 - 03:10 PM.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#316 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think the Mask of Life had a lasting effect on Vezon that let him activate masks despite not normally having the focus to do so.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#317 Offline TuragaOfVirtues

TuragaOfVirtues
  • Members

• 925 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:42 PM

Spoiler

qSvBogp.jpg

#318 Offline flynn58

flynn58
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,518 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2012 - 01:40 AM

If they were not meant to have a purpose, why put them in the robot meant to save your planet because it fractured into different pieces?Obviously the skakdi had a purpose in the Matoran Universe Robot, whether it has been revealed yet or not. Kanohi most likely are a tracking system for the Red Star to pick up dead bodies. But by that logic, Turaga Lhikan would be dead, as his kanohi was removed and provided to Jaller.

-GregF
weliveon.gif
BZPRPG Profiles

#319 Online bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,933 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Oct 14 2012 - 03:40 AM

Spoiler tags no longer needed. :)

If they were not meant to have a purpose, why put them in the robot meant to save your planet because it fractured into different pieces?Obviously the skakdi had a purpose in the Matoran Universe Robot, whether it has been revealed yet or not. Kanohi most likely are a tracking system for the Red Star to pick up dead bodies. But by that logic, Turaga Lhikan would be dead, as his kanohi was removed and provided to Jaller.

I'm a little confused by what you're saying, but if you mean that Kanohi are what the RS can lock onto the body by in order to teleport it up, might this explain why Rahi had masks on? I've always thought it seemed strange the Kraata could just go around infecting masks that just happened to be on so many Rahi species.Maybe the ones with Kanohi were the ones Mata Nui had deemed essential and thus needing revived.The reason your post confused me though is that if Skakdi had a purpose enough to be revived, why wouldn't they wear masks by that thinking? So maybe I misunderstood you. It's possible both are true, though -- that a mask is a lock-on function, but that this isn't necessary but just makes it more efficient. :shrugs:

#320 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 287 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2012 - 10:33 AM

After reading this topic (http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7233), somebody has probably brought this up before, but what if the City of Silver Pocket dimension is the Red Star? The RS certainly fits the description of a pocket dimension, and there are Kestora in there.... And, I mean, I think that would be the only reason why Greg would bother introducing the City of Silver, as it just makes things really confusing and raises a whole lot of questions. (What's with the Spectral Hau?)

-- Greg Farshtey

And now; our long, long wait is finally over.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users