Mata Nui's declining health

When the Matoran of Metru Nui returned to their home island after living on Mata Nui for a millennium, they received some terrible news. Turaga Dume had seen in the stars that Mata Nui was dying. My question is, did people in the rest of the universe know he was dying? Was it common knowledge, or a secret? Everyone knew when he briefly died, and we see Matoran in the comic rejoicing at his resurrection. But was his death sudden to them, or did they see it coming over the -- how long was that story arc anyway? A couple weeks?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think the lights everywhere were dimming. They view Mata Nui (quite correctly, though they didn't understand how) as holding together their world. While they might not have had Turaga-level wisdom to know for sure, I'd say it would be the first explanation most would think of.As for the timescale, no idea.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think it would've been possible for someone else to learn that Mata Nui was dying. It would've just depended on if they could interpret what the starts said correctly.And even if anyone besides the Turaga, Inika/Mahri, and Nuva knew that he was dying, Mata Nui's death was probably still a shock to them. That would be my guess.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thanks, guys. I agree that it would make sense for others to at least have an idea that something was very wrong. Maybe some seers or scholar types could tell what all the signs portended.Now this reminded me of a couple other questions I had. First, the stars over Metru Nui (and perhaps the Red Star outside) are the only ones that form meaningful patterns, right? I know the Metru Nui stars are projected from Mata Nui's thoughts, and I think the other ones are just the lightstones in the skies at low power, but I want to make sure. Secondly, do you think that upon their return, news that the Matoran of Metru Nui had gone to some strange new location could have been spread?As for the timeline, I'll do a little research, just checking if someone knew it already first.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

First, the stars over Metru Nui (and perhaps the Red Star outside) are the only ones that form meaningful patterns, right?
As far as accurately portraying destinies, thus having a means to predict the future, I think so, but not 100% sure. There are also Toa Spirit Stars which may appear anywhere.
I know the Metru Nui stars are projected from Mata Nui's thoughts, and I think the other ones are just the lightstones in the skies at low power, but I want to make sure.
Pretty sure. I forget if the others have an illusion rise/set system though.
Secondly, do you think that upon their return, news that the Matoran of Metru Nui had gone to some strange new location could have been spread?
Yes. Greg said as much when we found out how the Piraka got the antidermis from that doorway; saying news travels fast in the MU.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Cool. I had an idea that maybe some beings knew that some disaster was impending, and that the Matoran of Metru Nui had managed to flee to somewhere that might be outside the universe. That knowledge could motivate them to plan to evacuate in the event of Mata Nui dying, instead of just dying with him. This plan wouldn't need to be put to use in Mata Nui's death (in the main reality), but it could partially explain how so many of them were able to evacuate the MU when Teridax was killed a few months later.And yeah, I forgot about Spirit Stars. I think the lightstone-lit skies look pretty artificial, and they just dim and brighten like giant lamps, but I'm not completely sure about that.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I had an idea that maybe some beings knew that some disaster was impending, and that the Matoran of Metru Nui had managed to flee to somewhere that might be outside the universe. That knowledge could motivate them to plan to evacuate in the event of Mata Nui dying, instead of just dying with him.
Not only did you have that idea, but Greg did and used it in The Kingdom. :P Edited by bonesiii

Yes, it said the Turaga of Metru Nui had been planning for that contingency. It inspired me to wonder if others throughout the universe had the same idea. But first I needed to know if any of them would know that Mata Nui was dying.I guess that question has been answered, so if you agree that there's nothing more to discuss here, you can go ahead and close this.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Yes, it said the Turaga of Metru Nui had been planning for that contingency. It inspired me to wonder if others throughout the universe had the same idea. But first I needed to know if any of them would know that Mata Nui was dying.I guess that question has been answered, so if you agree that there's nothing more to discuss here, you can go ahead and close this.
Alright. :) Question answered and on starter request, topic closed. ^^,