• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Set Review: 6221 Nex

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,379 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2012 - 12:02 PM

Posted ImageToday we look at the last of this year's Hero Factory sets, 6221 Nex. Blog Leader DeeVee picked up this orange hero and felt compelled to share his thoughts. Read on to see if he's a worthy addition to your collection!View the full article

#2 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 591 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2012 - 08:48 PM

With that ends the Breakout reviews.Nex is a decent set. My only gripe is the hand should have been orange and the chestplate should have been orange with white printing.

Edited by Takanuinuva, Sep 19 2012 - 08:48 PM.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

Friend Code- 0216-0827-9119

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,298 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2012 - 08:52 PM

There goes the Breakout reviews. Anyways, Nex is actually pretty cool. The white chestplate looks really good. Unfortunately, he doesn't have 2 hands so that pretty much kills most of the set.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#4 Offline Cadper

Cadper
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 90 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2012 - 09:57 PM

I COULD OVERLOOK ANY OF THE FLAWS IF HIS HELMET WASN'T TRYING TO BE AN EXACT COPY OF THE 2.0. I UNDERSTAND BEING REMINISCENT, LIKE THEY DID WITH EVO. I DUNNO, I JUST FIND HIS HELMET A LITTLE AKWARD.

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,291 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think that his chest could've used more orange and less white.But anyway, thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#6 Offline Emotionless

Emotionless
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,801 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 01:35 PM

I think the set is just pretty average and lazily thrown together. I mean, a harpoon meant to be an antenna?! And that laser gun was a bad choice.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

In November, head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

Coming to the comic forum November 17, 2014

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

#7 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,501 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 01:45 PM

No mention of orange creamsicles.Pat I thought you were better than this.

Wait, that didn't really happen

Sorry, let me get rebooted

This is where the plot gets a little convoluted

~Bionicle, 2015

#8 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,346 posts

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 04:05 PM

Love this guy. He's one of the weaker sets of the Breakout line, but with such a stellar line that still places him pretty high in my books. His circuit-board pattern on his chest and helmet are well suited to him (in fact, I love his helmet in general, much like Evo's), his color scheme is well-organized (which isn't to say it couldn't have been organized differently), and his weapon mirrors Evo's well while introducing its own unique look (a boxier look and a precision laser compared to Evo's bulgier Tank Arm).In general, next year's Hero Factory sets have a lot to live up to!

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 838 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2012 - 04:16 PM

Wow! Three days, Tohu! Is this a record!?On a more serious note, while OK, I don't think I will get him. Too... mundane. I will only get the heroes if the are absolutely stellar, or have great pieces.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#10 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 705 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:29 PM

I don't like this set, Do too Laser cutter hand/arm thing. The 2.0 & 3.0 Nex are better then this. Plus he is fighting XT4, He can bloody kill Nex easy with out tryingAnyways, I think Nex is not a good set because of lack it is. The left arm do not fit with him at all, mostly the laser cutter. And they should gave him 2 hands in orange.The mask i like how they made it for the ironman head, that is good.So don't think this Nex is good for a set but it is good for MOCing.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount, Oct 13 2012 - 06:48 PM.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#11 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2012 - 09:26 AM

Love this guy. He's one of the weaker sets of the Breakout line, but with such a stellar line that still places him pretty high in my books. His circuit-board pattern on his chest and helmet are well suited to him (in fact, I love his helmet in general, much like Evo's), his color scheme is well-organized (which isn't to say it couldn't have been organized differently), and his weapon mirrors Evo's well while introducing its own unique look (a boxier look and a precision laser compared to Evo's bulgier Tank Arm).In general, next year's Hero Factory sets have a lot to live up to!

I agree with Aanchir's point about Evo. Nex is a lot better when compared to Evo than considering him as a standalone set. But he's still a decent set on his own, with his tech motifs and awesome color scheme. He just doesn't quite match up to some of the other fabulous sets this wave like Bulk.

Edited by Lyichir, Oct 14 2012 - 09:28 AM.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#12 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 19 2012 - 08:47 PM

Ugh. That left hand.. Thing.. is just awful. never been to big on his color scheme. Most likely won't be picking this one up.

#13 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,208 posts

Posted Oct 20 2012 - 07:15 PM

Eh. he's ok.but I must harshly disagree with your opinions on Evo. Evo is an awesome set.

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#14 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 12:53 PM

Eh. he's ok.but I must harshly disagree with your opinions on Evo. Evo is an awesome set.

Whose opinions on Evo? I haven't heard anything but praise for Evo. My brother and I were just pointing out that Nex looks better when considered as a sort of foil for Evo than he does when you consider him as a standalone set. On his own, he seems significantly under-armed compared to most of his Hero brethren. But he contrasts beautifully with Evo; Nex's bulky, boxy laser cutter mirrors Evo's more streamlined "tank arm", and Nex's transistor pattern is similar to the circuit-board pattern on Evo.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#15 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders
  • Senior Master Photographer

• 5,288 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Oct 22 2012 - 01:29 PM

Whose opinions on Evo? I haven't heard anything but praise for Evo. My brother and I were just pointing out that Nex looks better when considered as a sort of foil for Evo than he does when you consider him as a standalone set. On his own, he seems significantly under-armed compared to most of his Hero brethren. But he contrasts beautifully with Evo; Nex's bulky, boxy laser cutter mirrors Evo's more streamlined "tank arm", and Nex's transistor pattern is similar to the circuit-board pattern on Evo.

Probably my opinion as stated in the review. I think Evo is boring, I think his helmet looks cheaply done, and overall I dislike him thoroughly.

spidermiles.jpg

#16 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,020 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 24 2012 - 03:20 AM

I like his helmet looks good all orange n stuff.

#17 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 372 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 22 2012 - 01:24 AM

Nex's helmet and laser cutter weapon look cool.:) His shoulder armor look cool, too.:)
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users