Set Review: 8833 Series 8 Collectible Minifigures

Hapori Tohu

tn_8833-series-8-teaser.jpgSeries 8 Minifigures have been starting to appear on store shelves, and now they're even for sale from LEGO Shop online. So it seems like a good time to post a review for them. BZPower Reporter Xccj has obsessively collected all of them, and he'll let you know which ones are the coolest and how to find them. Read on for the review!View the full article

I REALLY wish that people would learn that the contents of the boxes are partially random, in that there's usually a guaranteed 3 of each character, with randoms thrown in to round the number out.Each of these is equally likely to get from a fresh box, but after collectors have gotten through them you'll see many more skiers and DJs.Please learn!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I cannot make this claim personally, since I have never purchased a full unopened box. But based off what other AFOLs have said, there seems to be a fairly consistent pattern for figure count in each box. Yes, there's guaranteed to be at least 3 of each figure in the box, but the extras don't seem to be random at all. If you have proof otherwise, let me know. :)(And besides, that's for unopened boxes. Once they're on store shelves, things get mixed up quite a bit. So the fig-per-box count is only a general way to determine rarity between the figs.):music:

The only thing I like about the alien empress is that she has a purple cape... I love purple Minifig accessories, and I can imagine LU minifig MOCers using that piece for Maelstrom-aligned characters with capes, so another Awesomeness Point to the cape from that. :3Otherwise most of them are kind of meh except for maybe the Conquistador's armor and MAYBE a few other minor bits for certain things (The Santa beard, fairy legs and DJ hair, for instance.)

toatanusignature.png

The only minifig I have from this series is the Vampire Bat, which I do like quite a lot. I need to get more, but haven't gotten out to a retailer in a while.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.