Alteration to Toa Mata?

D-Shadow

So yeah, not sure if this is the right place for this. If it's not, than please move it to the appropriate forum.Just wondering though, does anyone know a good way to add poseability to the original Toa Mata? Specifically neck, elbow, and/or knee articulation. I'd like it to be with minimal pieces and still look similar to the original versions of the figures.

THIS IS EMPTY! BOO-YAH! I'M A DRAGON!

ROOOOOOAR!!

that doesn't sound feasible. I think there is something for the neck though. but all the rest would involve redoing the build. unless you have some HF parts. that could get you somewhere. but without changing the basic structure? good luck.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

The neck wouldn't be too hard to do. You can use a Toa Metru head and a hand piece to create a moving head. As for arms and legs, well, that's harder as you need to find the coloured parts. Your best bet is Hero Factory parts. You could use Rahkshi limbs for the arms and legs, but there'd still be a lot of changes needed.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

From the Toa Mata to the Rahkshi, the building styles had the socket elements attached to the shoulders / hips, whereas the figures from the Metru and on had balljoint elements on the hips and shoulders, kind inverting the way limbs are attached, and making it difficult to add newer style limbs to the older sets like the Mata.But you can always try to MOC your own version and try to get the best of both worlds.:music:

6bfdccdb-001f-4bf4-a104-06cc3b053f58.jpgI made this a while ago. It uses a couple of these on the arm connection points, allowing more space to integrate parts and giving a better anchor for the ball joints. The head is a metro head attached with a single socket. I don't remember exactly how it was constructed, but I don't think it was too overly complicated.Be careful how you connect the pieces, though. In a closed space like the top of a Mata torso it's possible to attach pieces in such a way that they can never be separated. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

• 5 weeks later...