The Dragon's Wing

The 1st Shadow

I guess I'll use this as my 800-post special, since I haven't done anything spectacular since my 100-post artwork.Anyway, I threw this together about a week ago, and thought it best to share it with you all. I know that nothing about it really resembles a dragon, nor does it posses wing-like sails, but oh well. :P That's the name I picked.Alright, so the entire thing is a custom build. The hull of the ship uses none of the huge, bulky parts commonly used for the front/back ends of a boat. It surprisingly went together faster than I expected. For now, please try to ignore the masts--they're not quite "finalized" yet. And I'm still waiting on some parts for the sails.And now, on to the MOC!1dwthumb.jpg(Click image--link to gallery)FrontBackAngleAboveSidePose (Can a ship really pose?)What do you guys think? Yeah, I know I need to make more railing at the front. I ran out of useful parts.Comments and criticism appreciated.signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

That's rather cool.I have a question: where is that mask-head-thing at the front from?
It's Lord Vladek's helmet from 2006, I believe. I managed to get my hands on an extra one, and I decided it would look good as the ornament on the front of a ship. That one piece is the reason I built this.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

This is really cool. The idea of using that mask as an ornament is just fantastic, and the ship seems to flow really well altogether. The use of so many different colors is meh, and the masts need to be a bit thinner and less "blocky". But other than that, pretty well done, I'd say.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

This is really cool. The idea of using that mask as an ornament is just fantastic, and the ship seems to flow really well altogether. The use of so many different colors is meh, and the masts need to be a bit thinner and less "blocky". But other than that, pretty well done, I'd say.
Thanks. Originally, it was just the brown and tan (the grey/silver mask excluded), but I later found my stash of gold pieces, and thought it might look good to be decorated. The trans-orange parts, for example, are supposed to be like mini torches. I'm still working on the masts, as well as looking for sails. It's a bit of a process...
The main ship is good, but the sails could use some work. Make the masts thinner like the person above me suggested and perhaps use some SNOTwork to give the sails some surface area.
Thanks! By "sails," I assume you mean the masts, because there aren't any sails there... yet. :P For that, I'm looking into ordering some or the thin, flexible plastic pieces used for gliders and stuff in some sets (look up the 7139 Ewok Attack set if you don't know what I'm talking about). What I have right now is basically just a placeholder until I can find some better parts for the masts. At the time, all I had were the tan pieces. :shrugs:signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~