• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

BZPower Author Gets Published

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,366 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 01:33 PM

Occasionally, the little hobbies we embrace online here on BZPower can lead to something we actually do professionally. (Just take Binkmeister, whose work as BZP staff led to him becoming BIONICLE.com's webmaster) Now, while this isn't exactly a change in occupation, our very own GaliGee has successfully gotten her metafiction novel, <i>Drawn to Disaster</i> published.View the full article

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,279 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 03:14 PM

Congrats, GaliGee!

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#3 Offline Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa
  • Members
  • Lunatic Wordsmith

• 1,693 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:17 PM

[Source: GaliGee]

She reported this herself? Now that's what I call advertising.;P I jest. That's awesome! Felicitations! :D

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

#4 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 1,043 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:24 PM

Many congrats to her on getting her book out there!

#5 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,352 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:25 PM

That's wonderful! Great job, GaliGee! It is was to be anyone, I would of guessed her... great writing...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#6 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:38 PM

[Source: GaliGee]

She reported this herself? Now that's what I call advertising.;P I jest. That's awesome! Felicitations! :biggrin:

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Actually, she just posted it in her stories topic, and I found it and considered it newsworthy. She didn't email it to us or anything.

#7 Offline SkullKid

SkullKid
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,740 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:45 PM

Congratz! I might have to actually pick up a copy of a fellow BZP-ers professional work!

sad_tennant.gif

#8 Offline Voltex Oblige

Voltex Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,595 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'll take a look into it, see if it's up my alley. Congrats!-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

CHAPTER 3

Tune in for the most brutal death yet.

#9 Offline ShenanAgain

ShenanAgain
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,603 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 04:58 PM

GaliGee! I hadn't realized she was still around here! Loved her stories so much. It was a sad day when her escapades with Makuta came to a close.Congratulations, madam! You deserve it.
There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here

This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

#10 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,298 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:29 PM

Awesome! Congratulations, GaliGee!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#11 Offline Blizzard Hazard: Valendale

Blizzard Hazard: Valendale
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Chugger of all that is Icy

• 368 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:33 PM

Having a published author is a new step forward for BZPower. Congratulations to GaliGee!
Posted Image
"Cast aside your desires...and fight."
3DS FC: 2492-4241-6189

#12 Offline Blitzkitteh

Blitzkitteh
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 316 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:33 PM

Congrats GaliGee! I've always loved reading your stories, and I'm definitely checking this out!-Blitzkitteh

I USED TO BE LONGCAT IS LONG!

tumblr_m42b4aGmdZ1qkibivo1_500.jpg
My Blog. Read it. Nao.

My Steam name is [TDC] Blitzkitteh, feel free to add me.

#13 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,276 posts

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:38 PM

Congrats GaliGee! I will have to check your book out sometime. (Whenever I get some free time to do so. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#14 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:42 PM

Congratulations, GaliGee!! Good luck in all your future writing endeavors. =]Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Sep 26 2012 - 05:43 PM.

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#15 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 05:53 PM

Every author's dream. Congrats and hope the book goes well!

#16 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,002 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 07:24 PM

Awesome job, GaliGee :) . Definitely an encouragement for all us aspiring writers who wish to become professional, published authors some day.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#17 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,244 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 08:31 PM

Congrats! If I ever find it in a book store, I'll give it a read.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#18 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,106 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 08:45 PM

Congratulations!

#19 Offline GaliGee

GaliGee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,445 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 09:12 PM

Wow, I'm news? That's so sweet. I was planning to start a COT topic, but LewaLew scooped me! :DYes, the premise of DRAWN TO DISASTER is a lot like the Makuta-GaliGee stories: dark, intimidating bad guy captures hapless blue writer and claims to fall for her. She suspects she's just a cog in his world-domination scheme, but then the plot thickens. The similarities to Bionicle are plentiful; there's even a website much like BZPower in the novel. I adapted a lot of my old jokes to my new world, too. For example, the minions of darkness are genetically engineered wolf-boys with lethal powers and the emotional maturity of kindergartners. (Sound kinda familiar?)Here's how the real world has changed. I was originally hoping to publish the traditional way, i.e., by convincing a literary agent my book would be the next big thing, and then sitting back while she swings a sweet deal with a publishing house. As one entered the Barnes & Noble, one would trip over stacks of my book. However, as I tried to convince various agents to take on my story, I started reading about authors who'd self-published. It's not like the old days, when the author had to pay a lot of money up front and then sell books out of his car trunk. Now you can set up the book for free, and make it available online through a print-on-demand service. So rather than hone my pitch and send it to yet another score of agents, I drew my own cover art, worked with an editor to revise my manuscript, and figured out the formatting. The advantage is that I had complete creative control. The disadvantage is that I'm on my own for the publicity.The paperback is now available online for $16 through my eStore. (You can also search for it on amazon.com for the same price, but I get a smaller royalty). I don't want to pressure anyone on BZPower to buy it, because I owe you guys so much already, for the years of encouragement and good times. But please DO tell your friends, like me on social media, request the book at your school library. Ask for it for Christmas. :PThis being the modern world, an author has to have a website. The first chapter is posted there, along with some art and a trivia quiz. If you have the book, you can access extra maps and stuff. I'll be babbling about all this in my COT topic, which I'm going to set up soon.So come by www.lilygee.com and take a look. Thanks for noticing, LewaLew!

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower!  If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

#20 Offline Andrewnuva199

Andrewnuva199
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,887 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 10:13 PM

Congradulations, GaliGee!The book does look interesting. I'll have to see if I can spare some funds for this when I get the chance.(reminds me of that story idea that I had. Still want to finish it, but it may be an uphill struggle and take ages, but whatever)
Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

#21 Offline ~X-Clone~

~X-Clone~
  • Premier Member
  • Savage Blizzard Awakened

• 11,078 posts

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 10:32 PM

:oCongrats! I'm always interested in seeing what veteran members are up to these days.

chaosbanner.png

#22 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 10:33 PM

That's really cool. Congratulations!

#23 Offline Refy L.S.

Refy L.S.
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 96 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2012 - 10:41 PM

Congrats GaliGee! I'm yet to read your stories, but I'm now intrigued!

#24 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,489 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 02:38 AM

Way to go, GaliGee!:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#25 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 05:22 AM

That is splendid news! My heartiest congratulations!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#26 Offline Lielac

Lielac
  • Members
  • Toa

• 176 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 06:57 AM

Woohoo! Congratulations, GaliGee! I'm sure I can scrounge up $16 to pay you for being so awesome.
I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.
She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

#27 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,671 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 07:05 AM

Ooh, I wondered when this was coming out. Cheers for the heads up front page

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#28 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,836 posts

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 07:46 AM

So jealous, but oddly proud that such a prolific BZP writer has managed to get published. Congrats!

#29 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,359 posts

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 09:07 AM

Whooo.Well done GaliGee. Love dat username.

#30 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,127 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 28 2012 - 09:36 AM

Congrats! (Now just gotta get mine out there.........)Could you give us a link or something to it? (So long as it isn't illegal to do so).Edit:Oh, sorry, didn't notice the link on the news page.

Edited by Kopeke Nui, Sep 28 2012 - 09:37 AM.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#31 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 28 2012 - 10:27 AM

Well, that's nice. I'm happy you made it, GaliGee! Congratulations and good luck on your future works!

halo4-spartans.jpg

#32 Offline GaliGee

GaliGee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,445 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 12:26 AM

Okay, I've set up the COT thread: http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7036. I'm going to post the first six chapters on a hidden site for BZPower, to be discussed in the COT thread. I'm looking forward to your feedback.Thanks so much for all the love! :wub::kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower!  If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

#33 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,075 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well this is extremely cool, and I really like the first chapter. I hope it will indeed go to an e-reader version; I'll definitely get it if it does. :)

#34 Offline King Kobra

King Kobra
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,028 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wonderful news, I was always an avid reader of GaliGee's work in my early years here, glad to see her taking those writing skills to a professional level! ^^Congrats GG :)~KK

',',',',',',',',',',',','

Posted Image ~Team Bangaa~ Posted Image

,',',',',',',',',',',',',

#35 Offline GaliGee

GaliGee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,445 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 01:34 PM

Good people/creatures/aliens/robots of BZPower, Drawn to Disaster is now available as an eBook. Here is where you find it: https://www.smashwor...oks/view/243393It's $3.99 for the general public, but for y'all on BZPower, here's a coupon code to get a FREE COPY (valid through October 31): YA79WOnce you 'buy' it, you can download it forever in any of the formats: EPUB, Kindle, PDF, etc. Please check it out, and tell me what you think in my COT thread. Tell your friends, and tell your librarian. If you're moved to eloquence, review it on Smashwords, or on Amazon.Enjoy! :kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users