BZPower Author Gets Published

Hapori Tohu

Occasionally, the little hobbies we embrace online here on BZPower can lead to something we actually do professionally. (Just take Binkmeister, whose work as BZP staff led to him becoming BIONICLE.com's webmaster) Now, while this isn't exactly a change in occupation, our very own GaliGee has successfully gotten her metafiction novel, <i>Drawn to Disaster</i> published.View the full article

[source: GaliGee]
She reported this herself? Now that's what I call advertising.;P I jest. That's awesome! Felicitations! :D

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Many congrats to her on getting her book out there!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

[source: GaliGee]
She reported this herself? Now that's what I call advertising.;P I jest. That's awesome! Felicitations! :biggrin:

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

Actually, she just posted it in her stories topic, and I found it and considered it newsworthy. She didn't email it to us or anything.
How well will you die?

GaliGee! I hadn't realized she was still around here! Loved her stories so much. It was a sad day when her escapades with Makuta came to a close.Congratulations, madam! You deserve it.

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

Awesome job, GaliGee :) . Definitely an encouragement for all us aspiring writers who wish to become professional, published authors some day.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Wow, I'm news? That's so sweet. I was planning to start a COT topic, but LewaLew scooped me! :DYes, the premise of DRAWN TO DISASTER is a lot like the Makuta-GaliGee stories: dark, intimidating bad guy captures hapless blue writer and claims to fall for her. She suspects she's just a cog in his world-domination scheme, but then the plot thickens. The similarities to Bionicle are plentiful; there's even a website much like BZPower in the novel. I adapted a lot of my old jokes to my new world, too. For example, the minions of darkness are genetically engineered wolf-boys with lethal powers and the emotional maturity of kindergartners. (Sound kinda familiar?)Here's how the real world has changed. I was originally hoping to publish the traditional way, i.e., by convincing a literary agent my book would be the next big thing, and then sitting back while she swings a sweet deal with a publishing house. As one entered the Barnes & Noble, one would trip over stacks of my book. However, as I tried to convince various agents to take on my story, I started reading about authors who'd self-published. It's not like the old days, when the author had to pay a lot of money up front and then sell books out of his car trunk. Now you can set up the book for free, and make it available online through a print-on-demand service. So rather than hone my pitch and send it to yet another score of agents, I drew my own cover art, worked with an editor to revise my manuscript, and figured out the formatting. The advantage is that I had complete creative control. The disadvantage is that I'm on my own for the publicity.The paperback is now available online for $16 through my eStore. (You can also search for it on amazon.com for the same price, but I get a smaller royalty). I don't want to pressure anyone on BZPower to buy it, because I owe you guys so much already, for the years of encouragement and good times. But please DO tell your friends, like me on social media, request the book at your school library. Ask for it for Christmas. :PThis being the modern world, an author has to have a website. The first chapter is posted there, along with some art and a trivia quiz. If you have the book, you can access extra maps and stuff. I'll be babbling about all this in my COT topic, which I'm going to set up soon.So come by www.lilygee.com and take a look. Thanks for noticing, LewaLew!

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

Congradulations, GaliGee!The book does look interesting. I'll have to see if I can spare some funds for this when I get the chance.(reminds me of that story idea that I had. Still want to finish it, but it may be an uphill struggle and take ages, but whatever)

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Woohoo! Congratulations, GaliGee! I'm sure I can scrounge up $16 to pay you for being so awesome.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Congrats! (Now just gotta get mine out there.........)Could you give us a link or something to it? (So long as it isn't illegal to do so).Edit:Oh, sorry, didn't notice the link on the news page.

Edited by Kopeke Nui
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Okay, I've set up the COT thread: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7036. I'm going to post the first six chapters on a hidden site for BZPower, to be discussed in the COT thread. I'm looking forward to your feedback.Thanks so much for all the love! :wub::kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

Well this is extremely cool, and I really like the first chapter. I hope it will indeed go to an e-reader version; I'll definitely get it if it does. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Good people/creatures/aliens/robots of BZPower, Drawn to Disaster is now available as an eBook. Here is where you find it: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/243393It's $3.99 for the general public, but for y'all on BZPower, here's a coupon code to get a FREE COPY (valid through October 31): YA79WOnce you 'buy' it, you can download it forever in any of the formats: EPUB, Kindle, PDF, etc. Please check it out, and tell me what you think in my COT thread. Tell your friends, and tell your librarian. If you're moved to eloquence, review it on Smashwords, or on Amazon.Enjoy! :kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive