• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Superhero art, for your consideration

superhero supervillain art To Save the World!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 28 2012 - 11:15 AM

So I've been a regular player in To Save the World! RPG since it's creation. During that time I've used 6 characters; recently I felt like drawing them.

Posted Image

Their poses aren't too exciting because I wanted them to be standing up straight, for height comparison. Comments and criticism will be appreciated!

Edited by Kumata, Sep 28 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#2 Offline Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 987 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 01 2012 - 03:27 PM

Must...have...Gadgeteer's...armor!!!On a more serious note, it's nice to finally see some Meltdown artwork, and I just realized that's Grand Cross' symbol on Gap's chest. Your characters have always had some pretty cool costumes.*eyes drift subconsciously back to Gadgeteer...*~ Rumpelstiltskin

To Save the World?

...Or To Rule It?

You decide!

#3 Offline Kreig

Kreig
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 7 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 02 2012 - 01:26 AM

I like most of the costumes of the character...except rush I don't know why but for some reason I'm just not a big fan. Other than that I think they're very creative.
Posted Image

#4 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for the comments guys. You know I often forget that Meltdown was actually a PC of mine. And I guess lime green/purple's not everyone's cup of tea, Kreig. :D

#5 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,729 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 06:38 AM

Whoa, cool. I don't follow the RPG so I don't recognize the characters, but they look pretty neat, Meltdown and Gadgeteer especially. :)

Edited by Chro, Oct 03 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#6 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 500 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 10:19 AM

Are you the one who draws all the awesome Superheroes for everyone's character in that RP?I have to say your style is different but interesting. It seems a bit more along the lines of cartoonish Superheroes then like full fledged comic style, but I like it. You have some neat costume designs, and your coloring work is superb.

brokenmr.jpg

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#7 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 09:05 PM

Great job. One thing though. Rush, i didn't like her design. It's that hat that throws me off, really, and the color pattern, but everyone else is good. Should've had Deep Sea Gadgeteer in there, just cause it looked asowme
War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands

#8 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Oct 04 2012 - 06:44 AM

Flex Nard - I am indeed, glad to hear my reputation precedes me. :D Yeah I do have a cartoony style that's only partly intentional. Bright colours/simple faces will do that.thelonewander - It's supposed to be a sort of helmet on Rush (you know the type that human cannonballs wear?) Rest assured I'll draw Deep Sea Gadgeteer again... after I've revealed his other two modes. :sly:

#9 Online Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,866 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 04 2012 - 07:11 AM

I agree with the others that Rush doesn't look so great due to the color scheme and hat. Gadgeteer, however, is the best I have seen there. He looks like a steampunk Iron Man on steroids, which I find cool. The rest don't grab much attention, really. The best and worst of the bunch seemed to stick out especially, though.What's with Meltdown's expression?

#10 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 07 2012 - 03:29 PM

:kaukau: Next time, now that you've established the height comparisons, you should draw them in an Avengers Assembled configuration. Speaking of which, I at first thought I was going to get DC or Marvel characters when I clicked on this topic.Yeah, I'll have to eventually get back in sometime. It's very hard to be a part of that RPG, though, considering everyone already knows each other so well and the chemistry has been pretty long-established.

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#11 Offline Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 987 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 09 2012 - 10:20 PM

:kaukau: Yeah, I'll have to eventually get back in sometime. It's very hard to be a part of that RPG, though, considering everyone already knows each other so well and the chemistry has been pretty long-established.

It's not entirely the five years of camaraderie between the RPG's core players that makes joining the game hard, though. TSTW! used to be a much more newbie-friendly game; I remember when everyone welcomed a new player and worked to get them into the current plots. What happened is that over the course of the game, 86 of the 100 people who posted in the RPG either posted nothing more than a profile, posted little more than a dozen times and dropped off, or simply vanished without a trace. Of that number, 50-60 of them were never overly active players to begin with, and the others jump in and out sporadically. With that track record, nobody really goes out of their way for newbies anymore, sad fact that it is. :(~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin, Oct 09 2012 - 11:12 PM.

To Save the World?

...Or To Rule It?

You decide!

#12 Offline Kumata

Kumata
  • Premier Member
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,835 posts

Posted Oct 13 2012 - 03:15 PM

What's with Meltdown's expression?

I don't know. Does it look weird? He's just meant to be looking fierce.

Next time, now that you've established the height comparisons, you should draw them in an Avengers Assembled configuration.

Ha, yeah, that'd probably look great. Not that you could count on these guys to do anything remotely as heroic as the Avengers. 5 of them are villains!

#13 Offline King of the Madness Isles

King of the Madness Isles
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 14 2012 - 02:58 PM

This is an excellent drawing, except for Rush. The way the armor sticks out (the helmet, pads) is what I don't like. My favorite would have to be Meltdown, I love the color scheme. I might have to play that RPG now.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users