Superhero art, for your consideration

Kumata

So I've been a regular player in To Save the World! RPG since it's creation. During that time I've used 6 characters; recently I felt like drawing them.

clickforfullsize.png

Their poses aren't too exciting because I wanted them to be standing up straight, for height comparison. Comments and criticism will be appreciated!

Edited by Kumata

Are you the one who draws all the awesome Superheroes for everyone's character in that RP?I have to say your style is different but interesting. It seems a bit more along the lines of cartoonish Superheroes then like full fledged comic style, but I like it. You have some neat costume designs, and your coloring work is superb.

Great job. One thing though. Rush, i didn't like her design. It's that hat that throws me off, really, and the color pattern, but everyone else is good. Should've had Deep Sea Gadgeteer in there, just cause it looked asowme

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Flex Nard - I am indeed, glad to hear my reputation precedes me. :D Yeah I do have a cartoony style that's only partly intentional. Bright colours/simple faces will do that.thelonewander - It's supposed to be a sort of helmet on Rush (you know the type that human cannonballs wear?) Rest assured I'll draw Deep Sea Gadgeteer again... after I've revealed his other two modes. :sly:

I agree with the others that Rush doesn't look so great due to the color scheme and hat. Gadgeteer, however, is the best I have seen there. He looks like a steampunk Iron Man on steroids, which I find cool. The rest don't grab much attention, really. The best and worst of the bunch seemed to stick out especially, though.What's with Meltdown's expression?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

:kaukau: Next time, now that you've established the height comparisons, you should draw them in an Avengers Assembled configuration. Speaking of which, I at first thought I was going to get DC or Marvel characters when I clicked on this topic.Yeah, I'll have to eventually get back in sometime. It's very hard to be a part of that RPG, though, considering everyone already knows each other so well and the chemistry has been pretty long-established.

:kaukau: Yeah, I'll have to eventually get back in sometime. It's very hard to be a part of that RPG, though, considering everyone already knows each other so well and the chemistry has been pretty long-established.

It's not entirely the five years of camaraderie between the RPG's core players that makes joining the game hard, though. TSTW! used to be a much more newbie-friendly game; I remember when everyone welcomed a new player and worked to get them into the current plots. What happened is that over the course of the game, 86 of the 100 people who posted in the RPG either posted nothing more than a profile, posted little more than a dozen times and dropped off, or simply vanished without a trace. Of that number, 50-60 of them were never overly active players to begin with, and the others jump in and out sporadically. With that track record, nobody really goes out of their way for newbies anymore, sad fact that it is. :(~ Rumpelstiltskin Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

What's with Meltdown's expression?
I don't know. Does it look weird? He's just meant to be looking fierce.
Next time, now that you've established the height comparisons, you should draw them in an Avengers Assembled configuration.
Ha, yeah, that'd probably look great. Not that you could count on these guys to do anything remotely as heroic as the Avengers. 5 of them are villains!

This is an excellent drawing, except for Rush. The way the armor sticks out (the helmet, pads) is what I don't like. My favorite would have to be Meltdown, I love the color scheme. I might have to play that RPG now.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."