Bohrok Transformations

dee.3x3

Hey, I was just thinking to myself earlier, how are different types of Bohrok created? From my understanding, a select few Av-Matoran were destined to transform into Bohrok, but there are six different types of Bohrok (not including the Kal, given that they were created through protodermis transformations), and only one type of Matoran. So how were different types of Bohrok made? Was it completely dictated by the Krana that were put in the Bohrok? Was it just chosen at random? Or something else?We know that Av-Matoran would take on the forms of different Matoran types (Or at least the ones we saw in 2008), so I came up with the theory that the Bohrok type an Av-Matoran made was dictated by what type of Matoran they appeared as. For example, if Tanma became a Bohrok, he would become a Lehvak, and if Photok became one he would be a Pahrak.If there already is an explanation for this, I am unaware of this.So go ahead and discuss.

I think that they turned into whatever kind of Bohrok they were destined to become, regardless of what color they were at the time. Either that, or they turned into an 'elemental-less' Bohrok. Then, when they were teleported to the chambers, the Bahrag decided as to what element they would take. The latter is just a theory I came up with while typing this and I have no proof to back it up, but I still think it could happen.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

For example, if Tanma became a Bohrok, he would become a Lehvak, and if Photok became one he would be a Pahrak.
While I agree with those above me, I have one flaw in your theory, Refy, to point out- what if the Av-Matoran didn't disguise themselves correctly as any particular type of Matoran, e.g. Takua? I'm aware that he was technically known as a Ta-Matoran, but really, he was the only Ta-Matoran who looked like that. :lol:So yeah, like I said, I think it would either be random, or based on what the Bahrag needed more of at the time, LOL.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

We know that Av-Matoran would take on the forms of different Matoran types (Or at least the ones we saw in 2008), so I came up with the theory that the Bohrok type an Av-Matoran made was dictated by what type of Matoran they appeared as. For example, if Tanma became a Bohrok, he would become a Lehvak, and if Photok became one he would be a Pahrak.
But what if an Av-Matoran chose to disguise themselves, as, say, a De-Matoran or a Ce-Matoran? There wouldn't be a clean matchup, would there?Unless there are corresponding Bohrok to these elements that we don't know about.
current_events_sigbanner.png

We know that Av-Matoran would take on the forms of different Matoran types (Or at least the ones we saw in 2008), so I came up with the theory that the Bohrok type an Av-Matoran made was dictated by what type of Matoran they appeared as. For example, if Tanma became a Bohrok, he would become a Lehvak, and if Photok became one he would be a Pahrak.
But what if an Av-Matoran chose to disguise themselves, as, say, a De-Matoran or a Ce-Matoran? There wouldn't be a clean matchup, would there?Unless there are corresponding Bohrok to these elements that we don't know about.
I don't think disguised Av-Matoran would turn into Bohrok. Only those in the Av-Matoran's natural environment.

But what if they decided to stay in the form of an Av-matoran or a De-Matoran or something?
:???: I don't think the that any Av-Matoran would be able or want to resist that transformation.
No, I mean what if the Matoran's armor was already in the color of a regular Av-Matoran or De-Matoran or something before they transformed? They would have to be one of the main six element colors to transform into that type of Bohrok.

But what if they decided to stay in the form of an Av-matoran or a De-Matoran or something?
:???: I don't think the that any Av-Matoran would be able or want to resist that transformation.
No, I mean what if the Matoran's armor was already in the color of a regular Av-Matoran or De-Matoran or something before they transformed? They would have to be one of the main six element colors to transform into that type of Bohrok.
That would rule out the colors determining the type of Bohrok. Unless "regular Av-Matoran" are naturally multicolored.

That would rule out the colors determining the type of Bohrok. Unless "regular Av-Matoran" are naturally multicolored.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I personally think it's randomized.

I'd like to think it's randomized. There are quite a lot of Bohrok, and the chance of being any kind of Bohrok is 1 in 6. The law of large numbers (?) says that if you do something enough times, everything eventually evens out, so there would be similar numbers of Bohrok for each element, the same way you'd have a similar amount of each number if you constantly rolled dice.

• 4 weeks later...
Takua could of become a Tahnok, LOL
Unlikely, because I suspect the Order knew which Av-Matoran were destined to become Bohrok and which didn't. If random Matoran started transforming into Bohrok that probably would have made some people suspicious. Best not to go there. (And then having a random Bohrok in the center of the southern continent might not have been the best thing either...best to avoid problems if you can.) Edited by fishers64

Taken directly from BS01:

At a certain point in his/her lifetime, if destined, an Av-Matoran will transform into one of the six types of Bohrok. What type of Bohrok the Matoran will become also is based upon destiny. After transforming, they are teleported to one of the Bohrok Nests.
This explains a lot. Edited by Toa Temporal

I'm back!

So wait, if Takanuva (somehow) became a Bohrok, what would he turn into. Moreover, would that be possible? Or are Toa and Turaga of Light unable to transform into Bohrok?
Transforms Into: Toa of Light or Bohrok
Hmm...I don't think this question was ever brought up before, but I don't think it is practical for it to happen. I think if you are destined to become a Toa, you will not become a Bohrok, and if you are destined to become a Bohrok, you will not become a Toa. Plus, that would be one huge Bohrok...

I have no way of backing myself up, but it would make the most sense to me (I think a few people may have touched on this already) that the Av-Matoran would turn into a sort of "blank-slate" Bohrok. They would essentially be a shell, totally drained from element or purpose, and it would be in this form that they are received by the Bahrag. From there they (the Bahrag) decide what is most needed, and "charge" each one according to the decided element. More of a swing in the dark than a theory, but I think it sounds pretty cool.

I don't think the Order knew. They would have mentioned it when they sent the Toa to release the Bohrok on Mata Nui (the island), probably. If they did, they would have investigated more and might have discovered Mata Nui was a robot.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

So wait, if Takanuva (somehow) became a Bohrok, what would he turn into. Moreover, would that be possible? Or are Toa and Turaga of Light unable to transform into Bohrok?
Hmm...I don't think this question was ever brought up before, but I don't think it is practical for it to happen. I think if you are destined to become a Toa, you will not become a Bohrok, and if you are destined to become a Bohrok, you will not become a Toa.Plus, that would be one huge Bohrok...
Another question: if you give a Bohrok a Toa Stone, will it turn into a Toa of Light?

Hmm...I don't think this question was ever brought up before, but I don't think it is practical for it to happen. I think if you are destined to become a Toa, you will not become a Bohrok, and if you are destined to become a Bohrok, you will not become a Toa.Plus, that would be one huge Bohrok...
Another question: if you give a Bohrok a Toa Stone, will it turn into a Toa of Light?
Which also implies that Bohrok cannot transform into Toa.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Which also implies that Bohrok cannot transform into Toa.
Got it.

Well, destiny determines it, but I wonder if there is some other factor, in a sense- like others have brought up, personality or something (but probably not anyway). Oh well. :lol:

Bring on the MOCs and fanfics.

Woot, three hundred.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Completely off-Canon, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway:To me, the Bohrok remind me of the Daleks from Doctor Who (the things in the spoiler there).

I mean, Daleks are mostly mechanical, with a tiny organic thing controlling them (much like the Krana), they come in different flavors varieties and colors, and they destroy anything that gets in their way. ("EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!")Only difference being that Bohrok are more of a hive-mind, whereas Daleks are capable of independent thought.So really, the Daleks are more like the Bohrok-Kal than the main Bohrok. But still, it's worth noting.Now I'm going to always think of the Kal voices as Daleks. EX-TER-MIN-ATE!

Edited by Stan McStudz