Two of him?

While reading through another topic (Takanuva's ressurection), I read a post by bonesii, and something occurred to me.Considering what we have recently learned about the Red Star and its restoration thingy, I'd now like to question what would happen if Hydraxon (the original, up in the star) would have to say if he manages to get out and discovers a perfect duplicate of himself wandering around Spherus Magna.(The mere notion of it made me laugh for a good while.)What I'm wondering is this: Thanks to the Ignika, are there now TWO Hydraxons, or did the mask find a way to take the spirit/codes/program from the Red Star and transfer them into Dekar's mind when it transformed him into the jailer of the Pit?(If this doesn't belong here, please move it)signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I don't know if there is one or two, but the codes weren't transferred. Remember, the mask doesn't have the range to reach the Red Star, so it couldn't grab the spirit. the reason I say I don't know about the number is that anything could have happened to the one on the red star, if he is indeed there.In fact, Dekar still has his old memories, they're just suppressed. That indicates that it's just Dekar convinced he's Hydraxon.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

The mask can do just about anything with life. It's not a far stretch as to how it got the memories.And whether or not it's Dekar (Which it is, obviously, according to the story) is completely off topic. The point is, it would be hilarious. He would probably attempt to arrest himself. Or something of the like.So yeah, I agree.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

It's possible that the Ignika took the spirit/memories of the original Hydraxon and used them to transform Dekar into a copy of Hydraxon.However, if the Red Star revived the orginal Hydraxon, and the Kestora didn't kill the revived version, there are indeed two Hydraxons, which could be a hilariously interesting plot point in future story.

I actually thought of the same thing while making that post and almost added it. :PI see story potential here. It could trigger Dekar to remember who he really is.And I suspect that the Ignika was 'cheating' to get around the failed Sendback teleporter, by making a clone of the already revived Hydraxon who was on the RS, believing Hydraxon to be essential to the 2007 events. But who knows. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's possible, if he was revived. It's also possible the Kestora killed him again for good, though, so even if he was revived, he might not be on the Red Star anymore.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

This would be absolutely hilarious, and the best part is that it's feasible. Both Hydraxons would probably try to arrest each other in epic ways. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

What I'm wondering now is whether or not Greg himself has put any thought into this.

I actually thought of the same thing while making that post and almost added it. :PI see story potential here. It could trigger Dekar to remember who he really is.And I suspect that the Ignika was 'cheating' to get around the failed Sendback teleporter, by making a clone of the already revived Hydraxon who was on the RS, believing Hydraxon to be essential to the 2007 events. But who knows. :shrugs:
I kinda figured you might have. :P When I read that post, I wondered why you didn't bring it up.Interesting thought. On his BS01 page, it says that despite any evidence that he may not be the original, the current Hydraxon still goes about life believing that he's genuine.And another thought you just gave me. Was the Ignika 'cheating,' or did the Sendback Teleporter actually work for a minute there? Is it possible that there was a delayed reaction, and the one being on the Red Star caught in it was the original Hydraxon himself. What I'm thinking is that the Ignika may have sensed this happening, and merged the incoming Hydraxon with the dying Dekar whilst giving both the power to breathe water.A bit of a stretch there, but it's plausible, right?signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

What I'm wondering now is whether or not Greg himself has put any thought into this.
I kinda figured you might have. :P When I read that post, I wondered why you didn't bring it up.Interesting thought. On his BS01 page, it says that despite any evidence that he may not be the original, the current Hydraxon still goes about life believing that he's genuine.And another thought you just gave me. Was the Ignika 'cheating,' or did the Sendback Teleporter actually work for a minute there? Is it possible that there was a delayed reaction, and the one being on the Red Star caught in it was the original Hydraxon himself. What I'm thinking is that the Ignika may have sensed this happening, and merged the incoming Hydraxon with the dying Dekar whilst giving both the power to breathe water.A bit of a stretch there, but it's plausible, right?signoffffff.png
I thought that Greg confirmed that the SendBack teleporter was broken...
. Unfortunately, as with so many things related to Mata Nui's construction, [the Red Star] didn't work very well. The teleporting "to" worked but the teleporting "from" didn't, so a lot of newly revived dead folk were stuck on the satellite with no way to get back home.
Edited by fishers64

I thought that Greg confirmed that the SendBack teleporter was broken...
. Unfortunately, as with so many things related to Mata Nui's construction, [the Red Star] didn't work very well. The teleporting "to" worked but the teleporting "from" didn't, so a lot of newly revived dead folk were stuck on the satellite with no way to get back home.
He said it didn't work very well. It's possible that it does work, but only on extremely rare occasions. The original Hydraxon may have wandered by the sendback device at the very moment it DID work. It's definitely a possibility, but we can't know for sure, since we've never seen or been told how it works or what it's like when functioning.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It's possible that the sendback teleporter does work but it needs and external energy source which would explain how Takutanuva used his energy to revive Jaller and how the mask of life revived Hydraxon.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I just had a revelation after seeing this picture on BS01.As you recall, Pridak brought the original Hydraxon's helmet to the current Hydraxon as proof of his true identity. However, if this is so, why didn't the orignal's helmet go with his body to the Red Star?This brings up the question: Did the body of the Original Hydraxon even get sent up to the Star? Or was his helmet just left behind?signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Well, his helmet isn't part of his body.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, his helmet isn't part of his body.
I know, but if it was attached to his face when he was "beamed up," shouldn't anything on his person have gone with him? Think Star Trek--When they get beamed on/off the ship, their clothes and phasers go with them, and those aren't part of their body.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Only the mind goes. The body stays.
I second this. It'd explain why the beaming up works but the beaming back doesn't.
The Body goes, but Hydraxon was outside the MU when he died, wasn't he? Are we sure the "beaming" works outside the MU? Another point might be that the helmet wasn't still on the body, and the body was taken up while the helmet was left behind.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

I second this. It'd explain why the beaming up works but the beaming back doesn't.
The Body goes, but Hydraxon was outside the MU when he died, wasn't he? Are we sure the "beaming" works outside the MU? Another point might be that the helmet wasn't still on the body, and the body was taken up while the helmet was left behind.
He was in range of the Red Star. That's what counts.

aouROFb.png

He was in range of the Red Star. That's what counts.
That's what I was thinking. However, I haven't gotten a chance to read Hydraxon's Tale, but does anyone know the specifics of where the helmet was found? (BS01 says Mantax found it in the ruins of the Pit, but does Pridak say any more about where it was found? If he mentions a corpse, then maybe the teleporter doesn't work outside the MU.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

1, Hydraxon had a weapons cache, which may have contained duplicates of his helmet. It's not like Pridak was holding his head or something.2. I think that I would be more hurt if Kestora killed Hydraxon than I was when Bionicle ended. It would just not fit with Hydraxon at all, even if he took half the Kestora with him.Actually, Hydraxon (if he's on the star) would be one of the most powerful revived beings. I think that everyone as powerful as an Order member (ex: Makuta) died in a way that they could not be revived.3. Were there to be 2 Hydraxons, and neither killed the other...0% crime rate.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

1, Hydraxon had a weapons cache, which may have contained duplicates of his helmet. It's not like Pridak was holding his head or something.2. I think that I would be more hurt if Kestora killed Hydraxon than I was when Bionicle ended. It would just not fit with Hydraxon at all, even if he took half the Kestora with him.Actually, Hydraxon (if he's on the star) would be one of the most powerful revived beings. I think that everyone as powerful as an Order member (ex: Makuta) died in a way that they could not be revived.3. Were there to be 2 Hydraxons, and neither killed the other...0% crime rate.
On your second point, I'm not sure he is the most powerful. He definitely has skill, but he opted out of receiving the power-upgrade available to Order members.As for the third... Epic LOLz.signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

How about the idea that the Order put people in the pit to keep them from being revived? @Dralcax: We do have it confirmed that bodies are teleported up to the star, and that beings killed outside the MU aren't revived. Now whether being in the pit (which was where Hydraxon was killed) counts as "outside the MU" is open to speculation.

The Pit itself (the original prison) is inside the MU, which is how people could be transported there. When the GC struck, Mata Nui crash landed on the Aqua Magna and opened up that portion of his body on impact. Once that happened and the cells were smashed, Takadox killed Hydraxon (how, dunno, but probably where the hole of the Pit was since everyone was rushing over there and it probably wasn't that big a hole. Hydraxon makes his last stand to keep the inmates in the Pit, but he gets killed.).

new_sig_legacy_2.png