What Sets Did You Regret Getting?

FrozenFlash

I don't think any lego set is worth regretting getting. Though I kinda wish I hadn't bought extras of the Mistika and Phantoka. Cause I had gotten a couple of them for for free from my cousin who was getting rid of them. Though you can't exactly predict that stuff.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

As Takanuinuva said, none of the LEGO sets should be ever made object of regret, but it can happen. For me, it happened when I bought Kongu Mahri instead of Hewkii Mahri. Hewkii was better IMO and had better parts to MOC with, but the store apparently ran out of him. :/ Same for Nuparu Inika instead of, again, Kongu. I really wanted that crossbow!

All sets are useful, since I consider sets more for parts than anything else.I do remember accidentally getting a second Kaxium instead of the Cendox, but I was able to use its parts to convert it into an alternate model. That's the closest I've ever gotten to "regretting" getting a set.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

hmm its hard to say a second toa Vakama instead of Whenua sure i thought he was cool at the time and forgot i had on all ready but the only way for me to make Whenua is with my parts form other sets still wish i got him to :l but on the other end i just use my Bionicles for parts i keep them around for a day or to then BAM into the parts bin ya go sarcastic.gif i all ways wonder about recreating all my sets some day well i'm geting off topic a bit so i'm going to end this post

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

There's no sets I absolutely regret getting (any pieces can be useful), but there are ones I regret getting when I did, or ones I regret getting when I could have gotten something else. One that stands out (since I was recently discussing this in the comments of someone's blog) is the Manas. It was not one of the most interesting Rahi by any means. The remote controls were a neat gimmick for the ever-present battle function, but the unwieldy movement of the Manas made battles sluggish rather than energetic. Also, the RC motor/battery box brick wasn't useful for much else. If I had an opportunity to play with all the Rahi back before I bought them, I would have gotten the Tarakava or Muaka and Kane-Ra instead. I never ended up getting a pair of Tarakava, and it was years before I bought Muaka and Kane-Ra from a Brickfair (or was it Brickfest?) vendor. Both of those sets have brilliant, dynamic, and fun-to-use functions that put the Manas's simultaneous punching-and-driving and the little gear that flips down to disable them to shame.Other sets I regret getting? Hmmm... I have trouble thinking of specific examples. I suppose I regret getting Makuta and Takanuva instead of getting Takutanuva (who came with a promotional mask). And I regret getting the Alien Avenger when I could have gotten the Interstellar Starfighter (the UFO theme in general is one I regret some of my investments in, since so few of its parts are easy to apply elsewhere-- the Interstellar Starfighter's fiber-optics stand out as an exception). But overall there are few sets that I would consider a bad investment unless there was a better set to invest my money (or, in the case of the Alien Avenger, Christmas wish two years running) in at the same time.

I personally regret getting some of the Voya Matoran. They had little functionality or use, compared to previous matoran forms.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Almost every Bionicle set. They were great while the line existed, but as a HF MOCist, I can never find good ways to incorporate the majority of Bionicle parts into my HF MOCs.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Pretty much any standard (boring) HF hero (not the villians). especially the 2.0, 3.0, and some of the breakout editions. I regret all of the 2.0, (I bought all of them), 3.0 and smaller breakout because they would have 2-3 "good" parts, and the rest would repetative, and in some cases, useless. Joints and chest parts are too big for a matoran, and too small for a toa/medium sized character. Don't get me wrong, the parts are useful, but I have enough rahi, titans, and other characters that can use the parts for more "abstract" mocing, and I need more standard inhabitants for my "island".http://hf.biosector01.com/hf/images/5/55/2067_Evo_2.0.jpghttp://hf.biosector01.com/hf/images/e/ec/6217_Surge_Pose.jpg <--------- for clarification, its this build, that I regret buying so much of.http://hf.biosector01.com/hf/images/d/d4/2144_Nex_3.0.jpg

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Pretty much any standard (boring) HF hero (not the villians). especially the 2.0, 3.0, and some of the breakout editions. I regret all of the 2.0, (I bought all of them), 3.0 and smaller breakout because they would have 2-3 "good" parts, and the rest would repetative, and in some cases, useless. Joints and chest parts are too big for a matoran, and too small for a toa/medium sized character. Don't get me wrong, the parts are useful, but I have enough rahi, titans, and other characters that can use the parts for more "abstract" mocing, and I need more standard inhabitants for my "island".http://hf.biosector0...067_Evo_2.0.jpghttp://hf.biosector0..._Surge_Pose.jpg <--------- for clarification, its this build, that I regret buying so much of.http://hf.biosector0...144_Nex_3.0.jpg
I don't understand about "too small for a toa/medium sized character" because those HF sets you linked to are all about the same size and proportions as the Toa Mata. Would you have regretted buying the Toa Mata the same way?Granted, I understand that you probably bought the BIONICLE sets for more than just MOCing parts, and so it's not as big a deal for you if you don't use them It's nobody's place to tell you why you should or shouldn't buy a set, but I thought I might throw that in. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

@ Aanchir"Granted, I understand that you probably bought the BIONICLE sets for more than just MOCing parts, and so it's not as big a deal for you if you don't use them It's nobody's place to tell you why you should or shouldn't buy a set, but I thought I might throw that in." I'm not sure I follow. I am not telling anyone to not buy a set, neither have I been told not to buy a set. I confess, I probably should of added why I'm concerned with the porportions: because I am working on a potential stop motion series, and Characters of the same spieces should be roughly the same size, or it will look off. I am trying to use the same general poportions that the 2008/2009 characters used, if that clears anything up. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the series (if it comes to be) will have mocs for most of the characters, and I need more matoran, and that means more matoran limbs, which are not quite as readily available as they once were. No hard feelings. :) I admit my previous comment was pretty vague.

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

@ Aanchir"Granted, I understand that you probably bought the BIONICLE sets for more than just MOCing parts, and so it's not as big a deal for you if you don't use them It's nobody's place to tell you why you should or shouldn't buy a set, but I thought I might throw that in." I'm not sure I follow. I am not telling anyone to not buy a set, neither have I been told not to buy a set. I confess, I probably should of added why I'm concerned with the porportions: because I am working on a potential stop motion series, and Characters of the same spieces should be roughly the same size, or it will look off. I am trying to use the same general poportions that the 2008/2009 characters used, if that clears anything up. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the series (if it comes to be) will have mocs for most of the characters, and I need more matoran, and that means more matoran limbs, which are not quite as readily available as they once were. No hard feelings. :) I admit my previous comment was pretty vague.
I wasn't trying to say you had done anything wrong; that part of my post was just to make it clear that I wasn't trying to make you feel ashamed of not enjoying Hero Factory as much as BIONICLE even though some aspects of them are similar. Everyone is perfectly entitled to their preferences. Apologies for not making that clear; I certainly didn't want it to seem like I was accusing you of anything.If you are aiming for 2008-2009 proportions then that totally explains why you'd have difficulty using many Hero Factory elements. Personally, while I used to like using 2008-2009 proportions and elements (the Inika build's proportions offer a lot of creative freedom), I've grown fonder of the more realistic proportions of many Hero Factory sets, and the parts being more intercompatible with one another means I don't have to have such a huge collection with me at college to build creatively.In the future, if you want to acquire certain Hero Factory elements without buying full sets, Pick-A-Brick tends to offer a decent selection of parts, and of course Bricklink tends to have pretty good prices though it can sometimes be difficult to get all the parts you want from the same seller.

Ehh...my answer to this is both all of them and none of them. I loved them when I bought them, and I still like them now -- I don't regret the happiness that I had when I bought them. However, I some-what wish that I had never bought any in the first place, because I would have so much more money to buy books and other things that I care more about now. And because if I had never bought them, then I couldn't miss them either. But, so, all in all I don't regret buying them. Maybe there are a couple I wish I hadn't bought, but I can't think of any and don't really care to go look through my collection that's now in a box in the garage. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Gorast, definitely. I bought it for the wings, which I must say are quite nice (currently being used on a slightly modified Krika), but aside from that it really is quite dull... I don't have many uses for lime parts, and the silver claws are rather annoying to use in an aesthetically pleasing manner due to their design... Between that and the relatively few parts I probably should've passed it up. Oh well.Other than that I don't think there are any I regret, most of the sets I haven't liked as sets (many of the inika, for example, mainly due to the ugly rubber heads (which I also disliked the design of as a whole)) have still come with useful parts for MOCing or whatever (most inika parts bar the heads, for example), and as a kid I generally kept to getting what I thought was really cool because I had to make the most of any opportunity for a new bionicle.Oh, the Red visorak was also pretty lame, I could've bought one with more useful pincers for MOCing (though I had the black and white ones). I don't even use the feet, as I already have four from my two Axonn's (neither of which are using them).

Edited by th!nk