• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Lanok

Lanok Yesterday Quest Joev14 Glatorian

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 370 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is Lanok, the new second Glatorian of Tesara after Vastus retires and Gresh becomes the first Glatorian. He appears in the Yesterday Quest (Link in my signature). Since he's going to be involved more in the next series, Secrets of the Star, I decided to make an MOC of him. There are a few modded parts in the sword (The two silver Inika kneeplates are cut so they can fit flush with the rest of the sword, and the bottom of the handle is cut so it fits all the way into his hand.UPDATED VERSION:Posted ImageFront: http://www.brickshel...k_front_new.jpgBack: http://www.brickshel...ok_back_new.jpgFront Attack Mode: http://www.brickshel...ck_mode_new.jpgFront Daggers Drawn: http://www.brickshel...daggers_new.jpgFront Sword Lightup Action: http://www.brickshel..._action_new.jpgFront No Weapons: http://www.brickshel...weapons_new.jpgBack No Weapons: http://www.brickshel...weapons_new.jpg

Edited by joev14, Sep 30 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Joev14, Owner of Infinite Inspiration Incorporated

My Epics
The Powers That Be Continuation | The Yesterday Quest Continuation
Secrets of the Star Cont. | End of the Beginning Cont. (VIDEO PODCAST SERIES) | Element of Surprise Cont.
My Short Stories 
The Last Memories | Birth of the Kal | Key of the Codrex | Web of Karzahni
The Depths Below | Monster | Out of the Darkness | Archive

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

The project that aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various other media to enhance the story. PM me if you're interested in auditioning for a role! Check here for role casting, or here for the chapters that've already been released!

Interested in being a part of a large-scale Bionicle 2015 Convention? Check out this topic!

#2 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 02:25 PM

I usually don't like modified parts, with few, rare exceptions, and this is one of them, I'd say. I love that sword. Maybe just a little bit too bulky, but looks great. The entire MOC does as well. I especially like the shield and the shoulder pads. Color scheme: one of my favorites.The only cons I could see are:1) the upper legs design is cool, but I don't think they move very well;2) I don't like the chestplate being so low, but it's my favorite armor piece, so this is a minor thing.Other than that, great work! Simple and cool. 8.7/10

halo4-spartans.jpg

#3 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 370 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 02:29 PM

I usually don't like modified parts, with few, rare exceptions, and this is one of them, I'd say. I love that sword. Maybe just a little bit too bulky, but looks great. The entire MOC does as well. I especially like the shield and the shoulder pads. Color scheme: one of my favorites.The only cons I could see are:1) the upper legs design is cool, but I don't think they move very well;2) I don't like the chestplate being so low, but it's my favorite armor piece, so this is a minor thing.Other than that, great work! Simple and cool. 8.7/10

when I first used that leg design, I thought it would make it hard to articulate, but it actually works just fine, it moves just the way a normal leg would (see how far back you can move your hip, that's about as far as the legs can move). As for the chest, I messed around with that for a long time, trying to make it work, but couldn't. :/

My Epics
Secrets of the Star Cont. | End of the Beginning Cont. (VIDEO PODCAST SERIES) | Element of Surprise Cont.
My Short Stories 

The project that aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various other media to enhance the story. PM me if you're interested in auditioning for a role! Check here for role casting, or here for the chapters that've already been released!

Interested in being a part of a large-scale Bionicle 2015 Convention? Check out this topic!

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 02:33 PM

I see what you did there, but the fact is, warriors just don't move their legs forward or backward, they may have to crouch with their legs spread, right? ;)My question was, could Lanok do such a thing?

halo4-spartans.jpg

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 02:50 PM

All I can say is that the colors flow extremely well together. The sword is really cool and the shield is pretty good. A complaint I have is that the leg armor at the top looks like it limits too much of the leg movement but still, awesome job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#6 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,840 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 05:52 PM

Pretty neat. The color mixture combined with the Glatorian build is quite appealing. Sometimes I feel like taking a break from all the complex building simpler MOCs can be quite relaxing.

#7 Offline Anoroka Orokau

Anoroka Orokau
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 02 2012 - 04:03 PM

I love how you've given him so many weapons. Daggers, a sword, and a shield :happydance: ! This glatoran is ready for anything!

Anoroka Orokau

Oro vahka aan ai myapa

WORDS EMPOWER THE ONE THAT USES THEM

#8 Offline joev14

joev14
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 370 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 10 2012 - 11:21 AM

Pretty neat. The color mixture combined with the Glatorian build is quite appealing. Sometimes I feel like taking a break from all the complex building simpler MOCs can be quite relaxing.

It is quite relaxing :)

I love how you've given him so many weapons. Daggers, a sword, and a shield :happydance: ! This glatoran is ready for anything!

He sure is, especially in The Yesterday Quest and Secrets of the Star :)

All I can say is that the colors flow extremely well together. The sword is really cool and the shield is pretty good. A complaint I have is that the leg armor at the top looks like it limits too much of the leg movement but still, awesome job on this!

I see what you did there, but the fact is, warriors just don't move their legs forward or backward, they may have to crouch with their legs spread, right? ;)My question was, could Lanok do such a thing?

Updated so that he can move his legs better now, thanks for the suggestions and feedback guys!EDIT: 300th post :)

Edited by joev14, Oct 10 2012 - 11:29 AM.

My Epics
My Short Stories 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users