• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

LEGO Reveals 10233 Horizon Express

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 02:00 PM

Posted ImageLEGO Fan Weekend is going on in Denmark right now, and as TLG likes to do, they've announced a new set. The first set of the new LEGO Creator Expert series, 10233 Horizon Express will be available starting next January. If you like trains or the color orange, this set is for you. Read on to see pictures and the full announcement!View the full article

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 04:57 PM

I see a lot of awesome SNOT work! Very sleek design, although I'm not fond of the orange interior.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 05:39 PM

It actually looks pretty cool. It reminds me of those Japenese (if I remember) trains. I was expecting grey to be it's main color though.

Edited by FrozenFlash, Sep 29 2012 - 05:39 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#4 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,059 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 07:52 PM

Interesting set. If the price was a little lower, I would consider purchasing it. Maybe it will go on sale a few months after it comes out.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#5 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 07:55 PM

That set looks really great, though $130 seems like a little much without a motor.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#6 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,467 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm not a huge trains fan, but oh my gosh that is some awesome SNOT designs on that. And orange is always a good color to have more of. Minifigs aren't bad. Plus, female conductor = cool. (Even tho they just switched out a standard female head for a standard male one, still shows they're trying.):music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#7 Offline Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,904 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 01:05 AM

Is the hair piece for the female conductor new? I don't recall seeing one like it before.Also, maybe I just can't tell how it's put together, but that white arrow build looks like it would slide out the second the train tilts. It does look nice, though.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2, Sep 30 2012 - 01:09 AM.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

#8 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

• 3,536 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 03:46 AM

Needless to say, this set is tempting. However I already have plans to use actual model trains to make the model railway I have planned.

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#9 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 30 2012 - 10:15 AM

Nice set, even if it looks a little bit empty to me. I love the orange on it.

halo4-spartans.jpg

#10 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,033 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 06:43 AM

Is the hair piece for the female conductor new? I don't recall seeing one like it before.Also, maybe I just can't tell how it's put together, but that white arrow build looks like it would slide out the second the train tilts. It does look nice, though.

It's from the Prince of Persia theme of 2010, and has been in assorted LEGO City and Direct-to-Consumer sets since then. I got my only copy of that hair piece from the modular Pet Shop.The hair piece on the woman in the blue shirt is actually newer, having emerged just last year for Luke Skywalker in the LEGO Star Wars theme.Anyway, there are a lot of incredible things about this set. Great pieces, audacious building techniques, and an excellent likeness of the French TGV trains on which it is clearly based. After not having any new LEGO train sets this year, this is a great way for TLG to show that they still care about LEGO train fans.Also, the price is remarkably reasonable. Expensive, yes, but just look how many pieces the set has! The fact that it doesn't come with a motor probably has to do with the fact that they're encouraging AFOLs to buy two to make a full train, and they want to keep the price low enough that doing so is a feasible option. Including a motor, infrared controller, infrared receiver, and battery box in each engine would drive the price up to the point that even buying one might seem daunting, let alone buying a second.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users