LEGO Reveals 10233 Horizon Express

Hapori Tohu

10233_teaser.jpgLEGO Fan Weekend is going on in Denmark right now, and as TLG likes to do, they've announced a new set. The first set of the new LEGO Creator Expert series, 10233 Horizon Express will be available starting next January. If you like trains or the color orange, this set is for you. Read on to see pictures and the full announcement!View the full article

I'm not a huge trains fan, but oh my gosh that is some awesome SNOT designs on that. And orange is always a good color to have more of. Minifigs aren't bad. Plus, female conductor = cool. (Even tho they just switched out a standard female head for a standard male one, still shows they're trying.):music:

Is the hair piece for the female conductor new? I don't recall seeing one like it before.Also, maybe I just can't tell how it's put together, but that white arrow build looks like it would slide out the second the train tilts. It does look nice, though.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Is the hair piece for the female conductor new? I don't recall seeing one like it before.Also, maybe I just can't tell how it's put together, but that white arrow build looks like it would slide out the second the train tilts. It does look nice, though.
It's from the Prince of Persia theme of 2010, and has been in assorted LEGO City and Direct-to-Consumer sets since then. I got my only copy of that hair piece from the modular Pet Shop.The hair piece on the woman in the blue shirt is actually newer, having emerged just last year for Luke Skywalker in the LEGO Star Wars theme.Anyway, there are a lot of incredible things about this set. Great pieces, audacious building techniques, and an excellent likeness of the French TGV trains on which it is clearly based. After not having any new LEGO train sets this year, this is a great way for TLG to show that they still care about LEGO train fans.Also, the price is remarkably reasonable. Expensive, yes, but just look how many pieces the set has! The fact that it doesn't come with a motor probably has to do with the fact that they're encouraging AFOLs to buy two to make a full train, and they want to keep the price low enough that doing so is a feasible option. Including a motor, infrared controller, infrared receiver, and battery box in each engine would drive the price up to the point that even buying one might seem daunting, let alone buying a second.