• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Mordegrist

MOC BFair12

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,294 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 06:10 PM

Posted Image

Mordegrist is the last MOC I have to post from BrickFair. At Bricks Cascade I was given a collectible minifig that turned out to be the sleepyhead with his teddy bear. I was somehow inspired to create a MOC around him, and ended up with this. The idea is that he lives in the dream world and protects the boy from nightmares while he's asleep, as his MOC cased indicated:

The destroyer of nightmares. If you were having bad dreams, wouldn't you want this guy looking out for you too?

Not many people seemed to read it though, as there were lots of comments on, 'that monster eating the boy.' Oh well.I really like how he came out. I think the different shades of grey and silver work well and the splashes of red and blue (the minifig) add some nice contrast. The armor is placed on the him to work in this one particular pose, and in some areas his range of movement is pretty restricted as a result. But that was part of the design and done to make him look as un-hollow as I could.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And of course, you can see all the images in my BrickFair 2012 gallery.

#2 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,068 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 06:20 PM

Interesting MOC, B6. I like the similarity in style to the phoenix you posted recently, including the use of the open red socket as a mouth. Looks very solid, accounting for the fact that it is composed solely of HF parts.

15808388115_8c1c60dd46_m.jpg

#3 Offline Thunder on the Mountain

Thunder on the Mountain
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-August 07
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 06:26 PM

It's very sleek, as most of your stuff tends to be. I really like the idea behind it, with the protector of the kid in his dreams thing. Overall, the design is real cool, and I like the name. :P Good work!

Posted Image

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,300 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 29 2012 - 06:35 PM

I don't know why but I find this adorable. The mouth is pretty cool with the red joint piece. It may not look like your average "protecter of dreams" but it's still really awesome!

Edited by FrozenFlash, Sep 29 2012 - 06:35 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users