• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Epic Critics Club VII

ECC Epic Critics Club

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 31-May 04
  • 2,212 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2013 - 11:09 PM

Hunger Games  has been reviewed. 

#42 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 18 2013 - 07:51 PM

Fate of Yrenta by The Iron Toa has been reviewed. Protip to my fellow critics: when eyeballing assignment length, be very sure all the chapters are there. :P

Edited by GSR, Jan 18 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#43 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 22 2013 - 10:51 PM

[color=#0040BF;][font="'trebuchet ms';"]Enigma has been reviewed at great length. My apologies for turning this in so late; my baby sister got a hold of my iPad and deleted a bunch of apps, my writing app among them. The moral of the story is turn in your review early and keep your electronics locked! :)-HH[/color][/font]
Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22
My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum
Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

#44 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 29-May 10
  • 1,562 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 02:16 PM

Reviewed "The Legend of Greno Nui". Just gotta fix up some antagonizing coding. yaaaaaaaay.....

Edited by Eponine, Jan 28 2013 - 02:23 PM.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#45 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, the good lady Eponine insists that I have her be the ECC review for this, so consider this an official request.Story: The Shadow and the SeaReview topic: Right over here.Chapter count: 3, for a total of about 20,000 words total.Take it away, madam.

#46 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 28 2013 - 08:44 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]And yep, officially assigned to Eponine. =P[/color][/font]

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]Posted Image[/color][/font]

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#47 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Jan 30 2013 - 07:21 PM

[color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]New Beginning has been [/color][/font][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#000000;]reviewed[/color][/font][color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"].[/color][/font]

[color=#000080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]-Ced[/color][/font]

#48 Offline sonyaxe

sonyaxe
  • Members
  • Toa

• 15-October 12
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:39 PM

Story name and link: The ChroniclesReview topic link: The Chronicles-ReviewNumber of chapters: 4 so far, a few got spliced together somehow.

#49 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:48 PM

Story name and link: The ChroniclesReview topic link: The Chronicles-ReviewNumber of chapters: 4 so far, a few got spliced together somehow.

Assigned to TNTOS. Thank you for choosing the ECC!Posted Image

Edited by Velox, Jan 31 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#50 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 02 2013 - 10:45 AM

Reviewed Attack of the Bohrok.Edit: Also reviewed The Chronicles.-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS, Feb 06 2013 - 04:33 PM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#51 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 17-September 05
  • 4,147 posts

Posted Feb 08 2013 - 06:27 PM

[color=#000000;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]An Open Letter to the Patrons of the Epics Forum[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]The Library has been marked by such inactivity as of late, and we sought to inspire action through our charity reviews and a concerted effort alongside many others to make the OTC a reality. This was a moment of victory for all authors on BZPower, an opportunity to be explored. We are the ECC, the proud servants of this sub-forum through which writers have prospered and developed under our careful guidance. The insight of seven incarnations has always emphasized a strong rapport with those we serve, those who provide us a reason for our collective's existence, and those we hold most important.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]We stand before you, accused of bringing harm to those we wish only to elevate. We have been informed that our charity work is an unbecoming statement, a sea of criticism where there ought to exist a brilliant reaction. In light of this determination, we know only unease—a concern for this forum, as our words are forced to recede. The Library's greatest threat is inactivity, trailed by poor writing as a close second. However, we have been asked to step back, to refocus our lens to a wider view.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]The state of the epics sub-forum is a staff matter before it is an ECC one, but like the staff, this is a responsibility we selected for ourselves. We have made every attempt to be approachable, to remind you that we are your supporters, and yet we were made privy to your disregard from the powers above us. I have spent years in the company of writers here, and only in this instance do I feel a sense of failure lingers over the ECC.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]And so we have come to a decision we choose to share publicly. Charity reviews will be reworked into a format we believe writers will find more comfortable, while also promoting the critiquing efforts of others in this sub-forum. If you feel we have done your work or the work of others any dishonor, please speak to us. We are always here, ready to listen and grow together with you as we continue to reshape our methodology. We are only young men and women, nothing so special outside of the hours we have spent refining our ability to critique. Our primary objective is to serve you and, with your advice, we predict our endeavors can only improve from here. Thank you.[/color][/font]

#52 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 10 2013 - 10:44 PM

When Rivers Run Blood has been reviewed. Trying to change my charity reviewing style a bit.

Edited by GSR, Feb 10 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#53 Online The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 26-March 07
  • 8,008 posts

Posted Feb 19 2013 - 04:17 PM

Right, my apologies that this took so long but I've finally gotten around to reviewing Destiny Quest

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#54 Offline Aderia

Aderia
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 29-May 10
  • 1,562 posts

Posted Feb 21 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well, the good lady Eponine insists that I have her be the ECC review for this, so consider this an official request.Story: The Shadow and the SeaReview topic: Right over here.Chapter count: 3, for a total of about 20,000 words total.Take it away, madam.

It’s been a pleasure, monsieur.

(Irene Adler)

adler7.jpg

The Whip Hand

#55 Offline Nick Silverpen

Nick Silverpen
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 31-May 04
  • 2,212 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2013 - 06:28 PM

"In the Name of Science", reviewed

#56 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 30-August 12
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 01:35 PM

[color=#000080;]Hello to everyone in the Epic Critics Club :)[/color]

[color=#000080;]If one of you has time I would most appreciate it if you could review my epic.[/color]

[color=#000080;]1) Its called "Of Rahi and Toa" and it is for the Lesovikk hiatus contest. Here is the topic link. [/color]

[color=#000080;]2) Here is the review topic link.[/color]

[color=#000080;]3) The story has 10 chapters.[/color]

#57 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 02:24 PM

[color=#000080;]Hello to everyone in the Epic Critics Club :)[/color] [color=#000080;]If one of you has time I would most appreciate it if you could review my epic.[/color]  [color=#000080;]1) Its called "Of Rahi and Toa" and it is for the Lesovikk hiatus contest. Here is the topic link. [/color] [color=#000080;]2) Here is the review topic link.[/color] [color=#000080;]3) The story has 10 chapters.[/color]
 Of course! Assigned to GSR; thank you for choosing the ECC. =]Posted Image

#58 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 06 2013 - 10:19 PM

[color=#0040BF;][font="'trebuchet ms';"]Charity review for Glatorian Chronicles # 9 is fin. Sorry about the super delay - I got a full time job about two weeks ago and it's been crazy making the adjustment.-S[/color][/font]

#59 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-October 06
  • 3,003 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 15 2013 - 03:56 PM

A New Promise has been reviewed.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#60 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 04 2013 - 11:20 AM

Whoops, forgot to log my two most recent reviews.Of Rahi and Toa was reviewed on March 9th as requested (thanks for choosing the ECC!), and Chronicles of Tara: Ascension was reviewed on April 3rd as part of the charity initiative.

#61 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 24-February 09
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2013 - 06:08 AM

I was gonna wait for a few more chapters, but I want to become the best author I can. So, without further ado...

Bioni-Lords Origins: Phaenyx. Link

Bioni-Lords Origins: Review. Link

Chapters: Six

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. Enjoy.

#62 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 08 2013 - 02:27 PM

I was gonna wait for a few more chapters, but I want to become the best author I can. So, without further ado...

Bioni-Lords Origins: Phaenyx. Link

Bioni-Lords Origins: Review. Link

Chapters: Six

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. Enjoy.

Assigned to The Tolerable Automation. Thank you for choosing the ECC!

#63 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2013 - 10:26 AM

1.) [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The Adventures of Sandstorm[/color]2.)[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] Review Topic[/color]

3.)[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] Number of chapters: Seven (So far.)[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks! :D[/color]

Edited by Phantom Terror, Apr 11 2013 - 10:27 AM.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#64 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 11 2013 - 01:57 PM

1.) [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The Adventures of Sandstorm[/color]2.)[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] Review Topic[/color]

3.)[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] Number of chapters: Seven (So far.)[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks! :D[/color]

Assigned to our very own wonderful Director, Steelsheen! Thank you for choosing the ECC! =]

Posted Image

#65 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 25 2013 - 04:43 PM

My patience has almost run dry... :bored:

#66 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2013 - 05:13 AM

My patience has almost run dry... :bored:

[color=#0040BF;][font="'trebuchet ms';"]My review is actually ready, (and long) but for some reason, every time I try to post it or PM it to you, I get an error message."Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/converge_public/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 434"I'm trying to figure out how to fix this, but in the mean time, please hang tight, okay?-Steelsheen[/color][/font]

Edited by Steelsheen, Apr 26 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#67 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 26 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the review Steelsheen. I now know what I need to do in part two. I tried to post the review from my email, but it wouldn't let me. I got the same message that you did.

#68 Online The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 26-March 07
  • 8,008 posts

Posted May 08 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey there. Sincere apologies that this is so inappropriately late but I've finally completed the review for Bioni-Lords Origins: Phaenyx. I tried as best I could to compensate for the delay with length but we'll see how it turns out. 

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#69 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Sailor Guardian

• 05-April 03
  • 5,155 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 09 2013 - 02:24 PM

I already answered this is the rules topic, but I'll post here to make sure everyone sees it. :) Kinda surprised that an ECC review would be too long for a single post, but Steelsheen can post it in parts as long as he mentions at the top of both posts that he has my permission to double-post in that one case.

I'm fine with letting this happen once, but in the future, please refrain from writing reviews that are too long to post. If the problem is pointing out many instances of incorrect grammar and/or spelling, I would recommend just posting about a few of those and sending the rest via PM.

his-whole-body_zps661d3034.jpg

#70 Offline Phoenixian Wraith

Phoenixian Wraith
  • Members
  • Toa

• 24-February 09
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted May 17 2013 - 05:55 AM

@The Inquisitive Automaton. Thank you so much for reviewing and worry not about how late it was - I understand perfectly that, despite our best efforts, life has a habit of interfering with what we want to do.

#71 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 06:37 AM

NOTICE: Cederak is back! We are currently transitioning the necessary positions internally, but your beloved (somewhat snarky) Head Critic has resumed his seat in the library halls.-Steelsheen

#72 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member

• 20-September 07
  • 11,831 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 30 2013 - 08:16 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#000080;]Good to have you back, Caleb. =][/color][/font]

#73 Offline Kaanfight

Kaanfight
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 04-March 13
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 11:23 PM

Name:  Shadow Destiny http://www.bzpower.c...088#entry563801

Review topic: http://www.bzpower.c...showtopic=10089

Number of chapters: 13

Thank you for your time, I will enjoy the feedback

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                 In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.c...showtopic=10089

#74 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 27-March 11
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2013 - 05:58 AM

Name:  Shadow Destiny http://www.bzpower.c...088#entry563801Review topic: http://www.bzpower.c...showtopic=10089Number of chapters: 13 Thank you for your time, I will enjoy the feedback

[color=#0040BF;][font="'trebuchet ms';"]Assigned to Aderia. Thanks for coming to the ECC!-Steelsheen[/color][/font]

#75 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Sailor Guardian

• 05-April 03
  • 5,155 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 02 2013 - 01:00 AM

As the past couple curators are currently unable to oversee the Epic's Critics Club at this time, I'm closing the topic so as to avoid confusion and unfilled requests. If anyone would like to run a version VIII and feels capable, please contact me. Also, please PM me if you're looking for someone to critique your story and would like to see the club come back, so I can scope demand level. Thank you!

Edited by Hahli Husky, Dec 02 2013 - 06:21 PM.

his-whole-body_zps661d3034.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users