Epic Critics Club VII

Steelsheen

Fate of Yrenta by The Iron Toa has been reviewed. Protip to my fellow critics: when eyeballing assignment length, be very sure all the chapters are there. :P Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Enigma has been reviewed at great length. My apologies for turning this in so late; my baby sister got a hold of my iPad and deleted a bunch of apps, my writing app among them. The moral of the story is turn in your review early and keep your electronics locked! :)-HH

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

Reviewed "The Legend of Greno Nui". Just gotta fix up some antagonizing coding. yaaaaaaaay.....

Edited by Eponine

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Well, the good lady Eponine insists that I have her be the ECC review for this, so consider this an official request.Story: The Shadow and the SeaReview topic: Right over here.Chapter count: 3, for a total of about 20,000 words total.Take it away, madam.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Reviewed Attack of the Bohrok.Edit: Also reviewed The Chronicles.-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

An Open Letter to the Patrons of the Epics Forum

The Library has been marked by such inactivity as of late, and we sought to inspire action through our charity reviews and a concerted effort alongside many others to make the OTC a reality. This was a moment of victory for all authors on BZPower, an opportunity to be explored. We are the ECC, the proud servants of this sub-forum through which writers have prospered and developed under our careful guidance. The insight of seven incarnations has always emphasized a strong rapport with those we serve, those who provide us a reason for our collective's existence, and those we hold most important.

We stand before you, accused of bringing harm to those we wish only to elevate. We have been informed that our charity work is an unbecoming statement, a sea of criticism where there ought to exist a brilliant reaction. In light of this determination, we know only unease—a concern for this forum, as our words are forced to recede. The Library's greatest threat is inactivity, trailed by poor writing as a close second. However, we have been asked to step back, to refocus our lens to a wider view.

The state of the epics sub-forum is a staff matter before it is an ECC one, but like the staff, this is a responsibility we selected for ourselves. We have made every attempt to be approachable, to remind you that we are your supporters, and yet we were made privy to your disregard from the powers above us. I have spent years in the company of writers here, and only in this instance do I feel a sense of failure lingers over the ECC.

And so we have come to a decision we choose to share publicly. Charity reviews will be reworked into a format we believe writers will find more comfortable, while also promoting the critiquing efforts of others in this sub-forum. If you feel we have done your work or the work of others any dishonor, please speak to us. We are always here, ready to listen and grow together with you as we continue to reshape our methodology. We are only young men and women, nothing so special outside of the hours we have spent refining our ability to critique. Our primary objective is to serve you and, with your advice, we predict our endeavors can only improve from here. Thank you.

When Rivers Run Blood has been reviewed. Trying to change my charity reviewing style a bit. Edited by GSR

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the good lady Eponine insists that I have her be the ECC review for this, so consider this an official request.Story: The Shadow and the SeaReview topic: Right over here.Chapter count: 3, for a total of about 20,000 words total.Take it away, madam.

It’s been a pleasure, monsieur.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Hello to everyone in the Epic Critics Club :)

If one of you has time I would most appreciate it if you could review my epic.

1) Its called "Of Rahi and Toa" and it is for the Lesovikk hiatus contest. Here is the topic link.

2) Here is the review topic link.

3) The story has 10 chapters.

Hello to everyone in the Epic Critics Club :) If one of you has time I would most appreciate it if you could review my epic. 1) Its called "Of Rahi and Toa" and it is for the Lesovikk hiatus contest. Here is the topic link. 2) Here is the review topic link. 3) The story has 10 chapters.
Of course! Assigned to GSR; thank you for choosing the ECC. =]newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A New Promise has been reviewed.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops, forgot to log my two most recent reviews.Of Rahi and Toa was reviewed on March 9th as requested (thanks for choosing the ECC!), and Chronicles of Tara: Ascension was reviewed on April 3rd as part of the charity initiative.

I was gonna wait for a few more chapters, but I want to become the best author I can. So, without further ado...

Bioni-Lords Origins: Phaenyx. Link

Bioni-Lords Origins: Review. Link

Chapters: Six

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. Enjoy.

Assigned to The Tolerable Automation. Thank you for choosing the ECC!

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

• 2 weeks later...

My patience has almost run dry... :bored:

My review is actually ready, (and long) but for some reason, every time I try to post it or PM it to you, I get an error message."Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/converge_public/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 434"I'm trying to figure out how to fix this, but in the mean time, please hang tight, okay?-Steelsheen Edited by Steelsheen

• 2 weeks later...

I already answered this is the rules topic, but I'll post here to make sure everyone sees it. :) Kinda surprised that an ECC review would be too long for a single post, but Steelsheen can post it in parts as long as he mentions at the top of both posts that he has my permission to double-post in that one case.

I'm fine with letting this happen once, but in the future, please refrain from writing reviews that are too long to post. If the problem is pointing out many instances of incorrect grammar and/or spelling, I would recommend just posting about a few of those and sending the rest via PM.

• 2 months later...

Name: Shadow Destiny http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10088&do=findComment&comment=563801

Review topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

Number of chapters: 13

Thank you for your time, I will enjoy the feedback

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

Name: Shadow Destiny http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10088&do=findComment&comment=563801Review topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089Number of chapters: 13 Thank you for your time, I will enjoy the feedback

Assigned to Aderia. Thanks for coming to the ECC!-Steelsheen

• 3 months later...

As the past couple curators are currently unable to oversee the Epic's Critics Club at this time, I'm closing the topic so as to avoid confusion and unfilled requests. If anyone would like to run a version VIII and feels capable, please contact me. Also, please PM me if you're looking for someone to critique your story and would like to see the club come back, so I can scope demand level. Thank you!

Edited by Hahli Husky